help please

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Derpomagix #1 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 02:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5239 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

I've played about 40 games in the SU-130PM so far (not many, I know) but my winrate is dismal.

Basically, I need some tips on playing this thing more effectively...

Stats:

WR: 38%

Battles Survived: 45%

Hits: 58.81%

Damage Ratio: 2.47

Destruction Ratio: 2

Average Damage per Battle: 1809

Average Damage Recieved per battle: 733

Enemy Vehicles Spotted: 0.53

Enemy Vehicles Destroyed: 1.1

Any tips/tricks appreciated :)

tod914 #2 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 64378 battles

It's a fantastic TD for FL.  Run food with it if you can.  Large repair and Large med.  Bincos, Rammer, GLD.  The food really wakes it up, along with BIA, Sit etc..  Rarely gets set on fire.  I run 16 6 6 for ammo.

Try to keep your targets between your max spotting and max view range if you have 1/2 decent scouts.  If not, then the very edge of your max spotting.  The food will boost your view range and gun handling noticeably, test it out.  Continue to adjust your position throughout the game accordingly. 

If your forced in city map, plan your shots in between the opponents reloads.  Should help to reduce the chance of taking damage.  Not suggesting you try to brawl with it, but being aware when you should shoot goes a long way.  Which I'm sure your well aware of.

You seem to be a decent TD player.  Play style should be similar to some of the other ones you play.  1890 average damage isn't bad at all.  WR you'll have less control over, unless you toon.  Looks like your off to a very good start with it.  You should have it marked in no time.  It's basically a Russian Skorpion.  A bit better actually.

Edited by tod914, Aug 07 2019 - 03:20.

jeb2 #3 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 03:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50347 battles
  • [HU] HU

I know that when I play arty, that open-top TD is one of my highest ranked targets, as is the Skorpion.

Players mostly use it just like tod said.  Thus, they are snipers far enough away from my allies that I can shoot safely.  If you do not have 6th sense, be especially paranoid in 3 arty games.

electriccircus #4 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 03:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 78195 battles
I think your winrate is a sample size anomaly and if you continue to put up those numbers your winrate will be well over 50 given a sufficient number of games.  I have a lot of games in mine, don't fire gold, ( I don't think during gold is necessary) do about 1200 damage per game and have about a 49 per cent winrate I think.  I think truvoodo does 2500 per game without firing gold.

tanopasman62 #5 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 04:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 20962 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Find bush, place aiming circle on red tank, left click, run if lightbulb appears on screen. Even a braindead ape can do well on that thing.

TankFullOfBourbon #6 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 08:58

Major

• Players
  • 30270 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Considering you have a 45% survival rate and a 38% win rate, which is really unusual, you must be too passive in the games, only sniping from the back. Remember the SU-130PM has excellent mobility and you should move up and be close to the front. I am not saying yoloing, but you need to be more aggressive.

MichalOtto #7 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 11:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31454 battles
What does your crew and equipment look like? In the SU-130PM you need to be invisible, camo and concealment is your friend. You need a good crew in there with at least 3 skills recommended BiA, Concealment and Six Sense. Also run a Camo net because if you get spotted in that you will be dead in seconds. You may also consider running food instead of a fire extinguisher to give you that bit better concealment. Arties, wheeled vehicles and big gun TDs love you as you are soft target and easily penetrated HE shells. You can try to peek-and-boom, but once again if you are spotted you will die quickly. Remember you are a support vehicle and should be somewhere hiding in a bush taking cheeky shots and enemies otherwise engaged and remain undetected. Watch the view range circles on the mini-map. Even though the top speed is listed as 60+ it is only downhill due to the low power to weight ratio. Running away is not an option unless you get a big head start so watch the mini-map and if your flank is going to fall start relocating. Don't try to run when you are the last guy left because your turret can't turn all the way around so you can't fire backwards while running away. Rather use your excellent camo, hide in a bush (on maps that allow for this) and wait for the enemies to pass by you and start engaging your team's other flank, then shoot them up the @$$.

Sleeper_1950 #8 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 12:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 96248 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW

WINK WINK , hold real still for arty! Do NOT move back and forth as that makes it hard to hit you in arty. If you are attacked by a wheelie, just hold still so you die sooner and can get into another tank and a new battle. WINK WINK

Derpomagix #9 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 02:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5239 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, really appreciate it.

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Aug 07 2019 - 08:58, said:

Considering you have a 45% survival rate and a 38% win rate, which is really unusual, you must be too passive in the games, only sniping from the back. Remember the SU-130PM has excellent mobility and you should move up and be close to the front. I am not saying yoloing, but you need to be more aggressive.

This is true. I do tend to sit towards the back. I'll give being a little more aggressive a try!

View Postelectriccircus, on Aug 07 2019 - 03:56, said:

I think your winrate is a sample size anomaly and if you continue to put up those numbers your winrate will be well over 50 given a sufficient number of games. I have a lot of games in mine, don't fire gold, ( I don't think during gold is necessary) do about 1200 damage per game and have about a 49 per cent winrate I think. I think truvoodo does 2500 per game without firing gold.

I guess I'll get to 100 games and see where I am then...

TankFullOfBourbon #10 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 30270 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostDerpomagix, on Aug 08 2019 - 02:44, said:

This is true. I do tend to sit towards the back. I'll give being a little more aggressive a try!

View PostDerpomagix, on Aug 08 2019 - 02:44, said:

Just as with the Skorpion (G), the SU-130PM has medium tank mobility, which means it should be used to relocate if your part of the battlefield is dull or neglected, either to the flank where the action is or up if there's little opposition in front of you. When the front move forward so must you and at the point where the enemy heavies and mediums have thinned out and depleted most of their HP, you can start playing really aggressive and partake in the mop up.  I rarely every use gold, the standard ammo is more than good enough.

I agree with Electriccircus that you haven't played enough games yet to really establish if anything is particularly wrong. Just try to use the mobility of the SU a little more and give it some time.

TheManFromKekistan #11 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 09:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles
Given you are doing reasonably well in the other areas I'd chalk this more up to just a bad string of matches over anything overtly wrong with what you are doing. Keep playing and I bet you get up to 50%+ by the time you get to 100 battles.

Leader_H #12 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 18:18

Captain

• Players
  • 22727 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD

dont have the tank, but from playing the skorpion g i can conclude

1. losing streak, need no explanation.

2. not using your HP when you need to, this could give you at least 5% more wins.

Flaming_Manatees #13 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 19:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17064 battles

One of my fave tanks. Some tips:

1) The 130pm has really great camo values. Max camo on your crew and you'll be able to play more aggressive bushes.

2) I run optics and binocs (binocs only also works). Very often you can spot for yourself, back up into cover, and shoot without getting spotted.

3) Whenever you shoot it is always good practice to assume that you're lit. Shoot, back up, reposition, repeat. Your biggest threat is usually arty.

4) End game you can trade really well 1-on-1. 520 alpha is no joke.

You average pretty decent dmg per game so your winrate should go up soon. Small sample sizes are always erratic. GL!  

SlappedbyRommel #14 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9565 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

Its a fun and great go to TD hits hard. I have the same gear as mentioned above and a crew that is almost 4 skilled very important plus food gives you the extra punch to for the crew. Don't use gold don't need to unless you like spending cash or addicted to the 2 key. Use max camo mine is around 66% the max range is critical since once you are spotted good luck trying to run you become a shell magnet. I do have the Skorp G and find its faster in mobility but camo rating is lower the size of the thing is a double decker bus I guess - crew is almost 3 skilled.

One thing is patience you must setup to give support to heavies or meds plus good scouts help you a lot. Where you position try to find maximum visibility so you can transition on the map without getting noticed helps a lot for me. Get as much damage in in the first 5 minutes when you have a lot of targets or you will be cleaning up scraps plus try to manage your HP - don't do stupid things play smart.

Also tagged with help, please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users