Improve MM or drop the win requirements

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 43725 battles

I try to be a good customer, I REALLY do.  I spend my money on entertainment, but I expect to get my money's worth.  I purchased premium time with the expectation of being able to use the premium time manageable XP benefit yet it is UNBELIEVABLE how often MM puts me in teams with YOLO suicide scouts, or teams that ignore an entire flank, don't leverage support etc.. If it were half the battles I wouldn't complain but when you get 8, 9, 10 battles in a row of pure BS teams that all end in losses you feel like you were duped when you were stupid enough to give WG a few bucks for premium time.  It is like if you are getting 50% XP bonus for having premium time they will let you win half as much so you break even

I frankly could not care less about my winrate and if I could use those benefits on games where I played well regardless of the team outcome I would spend a LOT more damn money on this game.

Panzerjager72 #2 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20980 battles
  • [FART-] FART-

My gaming experience has been crap since I logged on today.

1 Win and 6 straight losses because of WG's crap MM and crap RNG. 

I've been getting teams that just have been warm bodies. RNG has been making me bounce side shots that normally pen and shots on thin armored tanks bounce.

cloudwalkr #3 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 19:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56279 battles

You think you're the only one to get crap teams with yolo scouts and campers in the back being less than worthless?

Every team is like that.

Lesson to learn here is WG could care less so you should stop spending with them.  Take a look at what they did to Frontline to see incite into what WG wants.  They started it off last year with ~18k required xp to rank.  This year its something like 36k to rank...BUT WAIT, they'll sell you a booster here pretty soon to help you finish out that Frontline grind because they inflated the xp to force the avg player to buy.  That's what this company is all about now.  

TheGronker #4 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 19:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17149 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
The problem starts when you spent the money, if you already spent it they got theirs so they have no reason to change. Once the money isn't there they will try give you reasons to change. I stopped playing pubs, I always do that....waiting till frontline. After frontline I will test it again, and take another break. If most people will do that it will rattle the cages little bit.

goldfinger_555 #5 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
OP, I have found no correlations between buying premium time and battle results (good or bad).

low_bidder #6 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 21:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23769 battles

View PostTedsc, on Aug 07 2019 - 11:51, said:

I try to be a good customer, I REALLY do.  I spend my money on entertainment, but I expect to get my money's worth.  I purchased premium time with the expectation of being able to use the premium time manageable XP benefit yet it is UNBELIEVABLE how often MM puts me in teams with YOLO suicide scouts, or teams that ignore an entire flank, don't leverage support etc.. If it were half the battles I wouldn't complain but when you get 8, 9, 10 battles in a row of pure BS teams that all end in losses you feel like you were duped when you were stupid enough to give WG a few bucks for premium time.  It is like if you are getting 50% XP bonus for having premium time they will let you win half as much so you break even

I frankly could not care less about my winrate and if I could use those benefits on games where I played well regardless of the team outcome I would spend a LOT more damn money on this game.

Team play is supposed to stimulate players to play as a team.  What contradicts team play is the continual unbalanced teams formulation which leads to lopsided battles.  Once a team is 4 down then it's 99.9% assured that the team will lose. With over 23K battles, I have seen less than a 15 battles where the 4 down team was able to come back and win.  I prefer the team win incentive when the teams are balanced.

Edited by low_bidder, Aug 07 2019 - 21:43.

Tedsc #7 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 01:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 43725 battles

View Postlow_bidder, on Aug 07 2019 - 21:42, said:

Team play is supposed to stimulate players to play as a team.  What contradicts team play is the continual unbalanced teams formulation which leads to lopsided battles.  Once a team is 4 down then it's 99.9% assured that the team will lose. With over 23K battles, I have seen less than a 15 battles where the 4 down team was able to come back and win.  I prefer the team win incentive when the teams are balanced.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer playing on teams that generally have a good idea of what they are doing  and make an effort to play well.  Win or lose those games are always fun!  Having said that, crap teams can still be fun in an effort to play well personally even if the team collectively has decided they want to yolo to a 0-5 start and our arty thinks they are a scout (actually had that happen today arty took a forward position in a bush with no scouts spotting for them, didn't end well).  But their is no benefit to attempting to make the best of a bad team.  Your XP, free XP and credit earnings are pathetic even if you have a great game in a loss.

I see manageable XP as a way to get some measurable return on attempting to play well when MM gives you lemons if I could use it in a loss.  But instead those lemons just find my cuts because I CANNNOT use them in a loss... It makes bad MM karma even more frustrating.

Copacetic #8 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 05:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46691 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
translation: give me wins or remove win requirement!

_LT__ #9 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 05:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 8649 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T
Totally agree.  I have bought premium time and tanks.  However I wont be in future.  I don't understand WOT's thinking here, first off the MM is horrible.  Should be done based on PR rating NOT tank tier.  I'm not the best player...but losing 30 times vs one win is NOT fun for me.  Why should I pick up more premium time?  Not like I win enough to make use of it.  New tank?  Forget it.  Why should i buy a new tank just to lose in it?  I like the game and my clan teammates are awesome, but the shine is wearing off of this game.  I know WOT don't care, maybe someone over there may and do something to help.  When my premium time expires...wont be renewing it.

Machisman #10 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 16:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36776 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View Post_LT__, on Aug 07 2019 - 22:38, said:

Totally agree.  I have bought premium time and tanks.  However I wont be in future.  I don't understand WOT's thinking here, first off the MM is horrible.  Should be done based on PR rating NOT tank tier.  I'm not the best player...but losing 30 times vs one win is NOT fun for me.  Why should I pick up more premium time?  Not like I win enough to make use of it.  New tank?  Forget it.  Why should i buy a new tank just to lose in it?  I like the game and my clan teammates are awesome, but the shine is wearing off of this game.  I know WOT don't care, maybe someone over there may and do something to help.  When my premium time expires...wont be renewing it.

well atleast now, PR based MM is catching up. Looks like everyone is going through tough times.

Primary reason is that, most of the average players have quit. You either see very good players or real bad players. 

It was tough to find 45% winrate players last year, but this year all i see is players with 45% winrate. Back in the days less than 48% winrate were considered bots. Now 45% is the new low. 

There is a day and night difference in the way these players play this game and it does not help the team in anyway. On top of it so many 45% winrate platoons. This completely changes the outcome. You all know how platoons are matched up. All i get to see in Tomoato platoon in my team, where as enemy get the Blue or Purple platoon.

PR based MM and remove platooning. Let Random be real random. But not sure if WG will ever do this, given that the population is dwindling.

Time to accept the fact that this game is dying and nothing can be done and WG is releasing so many premium tanks, only to rack up as much money as they can. Its sad that the game that i played for the last 8 years have reached this state. Hope i find some game that really catches my interest.

Edited by Machisman, Aug 08 2019 - 16:16.

low_bidder #11 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23769 battles

View PostMachisman, on Aug 08 2019 - 09:16, said:

well atleast now, PR based MM is catching up. Looks like everyone is going through tough times.

Primary reason is that, most of the average players have quit. You either see very good players or real bad players.

It was tough to find 45% winrate players last year, but this year all i see is players with 45% winrate. Back in the days less than 48% winrate were considered bots. Now 45% is the new low.

There is a day and night difference in the way these players play this game and it does not help the team in anyway. On top of it so many 45% winrate platoons. This completely changes the outcome. You all know how platoons are matched up. All i get to see in Tomoato platoon in my team, where as enemy get the Blue or Purple platoon.

PR based MM and remove platooning. Let Random be real random. But not sure if WG will ever do this, given that the population is dwindling.

Time to accept the fact that this game is dying and nothing can be done and WG is releasing so many premium tanks, only to rack up as much money as they can. Its sad that the game that i played for the last 8 years have reached this state. Hope i find some game that really catches my interest.

WOT informed me long ago that the stats are meaningless.

minneerminneer #12 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:32

Captain

• Players
  • 36887 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Ever consider it's you and not the teams 600 avg dmg unless you are only playing tier 4 is just sad.  Reason it's not the teams I currently have above a 60% win rate in the is7 playing strictly solo and I have been playing like trash

Machisman #13 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 22:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36776 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View Postminneerminneer, on Aug 08 2019 - 13:32, said:

Ever consider it's you and not the teams 600 avg dmg unless you are only playing tier 4 is just sad.  Reason it's not the teams I currently have above a 60% win rate in the is7 playing strictly solo and I have been playing like trash

Exactly my point. Even i have tanks with 60 and 70% winrate (you are free to check my stats). This has nothing to do with how good i am. Its the teams that i get while i play that tank which makes me win more. There is a reason why its 15 v 15 and not 1 vs 15. For all those who say git good and dont look at stats, carry hard, wish WG brings up a battle mode of 1 vs 15 and lets see if anyone wants to play that mode.

I would say these random battles are more like 5 vs 15 or even worse 2 vs 15. Battle does not last more than 3 mins. Nothing to enjoy in 3 mins battles. Of all the servers NA has the least winrate. That says something about the player base.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the ridiculous MM. 

Copacetic #14 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 21:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46691 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
It's not the mm 

Tiocfaidh_Arla #15 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostTedsc, on Aug 07 2019 - 18:51, said:

What is horrible is when one entire team has a win rate of less than 48% and the other team is comprised of win rates higher than 54%. The game lasts about 2 minutes. The MM has always been horrible in this fashion. Then if you are in a tier 8, almost all of your battles are against 10s. The MM is a and always has been a fiasco. There is no balance to it.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #16 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostCopacetic, on Aug 09 2019 - 21:17, said:

It's not the mm 

No your wrong, part of it is the MM. When your entire team is floating a win rate below 50% and 75% of your opponent's team has one over 54%, that is all MM. 

Tiocfaidh_Arla #17 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostTedsc, on Aug 08 2019 - 01:47, said:

Don't get me wrong, I prefer playing on teams that generally have a good idea of what they are doing  and make an effort to play well.  Win or lose those games are always fun!  Having said that, crap teams can still be fun in an effort to play well personally even if the team collectively has decided they want to yolo to a 0-5 start and our arty thinks they are a scout (actually had that happen today arty took a forward position in a bush with no scouts spotting for them, didn't end well).  But their is no benefit to attempting to make the best of a bad team.  Your XP, free XP and credit earnings are pathetic even if you have a great game in a loss.

I see manageable XP as a way to get some measurable return on attempting to play well when MM gives you lemons if I could use it in a loss.  But instead those lemons just find my cuts because I CANNNOT use them in a loss... It makes bad MM karma even more frustrating.

Losses don't generally provide any meaningful XP unfortunately.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #18 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Aug 07 2019 - 20:00, said:

OP, I have found no correlations between buying premium time and battle results (good or bad).

There is none.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #19 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostPanzerjager72, on Aug 07 2019 - 19:56, said:

My gaming experience has been crap since I logged on today.

1 Win and 6 straight losses because of WG's crap MM and crap RNG. 

I've been getting teams that just have been warm bodies. RNG has been making me bounce side shots that normally pen and shots on thin armored tanks bounce.

Partially MM, partially your play.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #20 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4207 battles
  • [IRE] IRE

View PostTiocfaidh_Arla, on Aug 17 2019 - 12:35, said:

Partially MM, partially your play.

People who say it is all you are just trolls and wrong. People who say it is all MM are sadly mistaken because they don't know any better. In landslide losses it is the team, i.e. MM. In close matches you have blame.

Edited by Tiocfaidh_Arla, Aug 17 2019 - 13:00.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users