Entire Game Disappears after Launching

crash disappear launcher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cephalon #1 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 02:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 27871 battles

Prior to the 1.6 update the game would launch and then completely disappear until I found a fix in the forum which suggested creating a batch file with the following language:  (@echo off  start  D:/games/world_of_tanks/WorldOfTanks.exe -clientGraphicsAPI d3d9).   That worked great up until the 1.6 patch/update yesterday/today.   

Since that fix quit working today, after the update,  I tried updating my graphics card drivers.  That didn't work.  I also tried installing the Game Center and launching WOT from there, in different modes, and as administrator.   Nothing worked.   So, I ran the Game Center Integrity Check.  That didn't help either.   I also ran the WGCheck Report, which didn't help either.   I am at a complete loss as to what I should do.   Whatever I do the game disappears right after I launch it.

I should also note that if I try to run a replay  of a past game it disappears too.   

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?     

Alienware Laptop 

Windows 10

AMD Radeon HD8970M  (updated drivers today)

JESUS_RD #2 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 03:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 58 battles
  • [ARG-1] ARG-1
I had similar problem then I cleared game cache and deleted mods and game runs fine. also I think d3d9 is not working anymore but I cant confirm that so maybe you send a ticket.

cephalon #3 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 06:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 27871 battles
There are no MODS installed.   Not sure where the cache is located.    I don't see any cache file/folder in the WOT folder.    

cephalon #4 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 06:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 27871 battles
Actually, I spoke too soon.   I cleared the cache.

cephalon #5 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 11:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 27871 battles

So I have been dealing with tech support and they have no clue.   They have had me updating everything and it is still doing the exact same thing.   This is very frustrating.  The tech support people don't seem to know what the d3d9 language was accomplishing previously, but after the 1.6 update it no longer works.    Oh, and I have totally (manually) removed my graphics drivers (AMD) and installed new drivers;  updated Windows (they told me to update it and it was already up to date (and you'd think they'd know that since I sent them a WGCheck file)).   I also updated all the C++ bs and Flash, and Java, etc...    THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T DONE IS UPDATE THE GAME I AM PLAYING and I am just about ready to dump World of Tanks and move on to some other platform because I am sick of their unwillingness to resolve this.

cephalon #6 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 01:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 27871 battles

I can log into the game server if I boot into safe mode.    Not sure what to do next.   I did learn that the d3d9 language forced it to use DirectX version 9.   That no longer works though.

Also tagged with crash, disappear, launcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users