* * * * - 1 votes

Update 1.6 Feedback Request

update 1.6 1.6 feedback

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.6 (64 members have cast votes)

Which features are you enjoying/looking forward to in update 1.6?

1. Customization options (12 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

2. British LT (7 votes [8.64%])

Percentage of vote: 8.64%

3. Revised SPG Missions (16 votes [19.75%])

Percentage of vote: 19.75%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (19 votes [23.46%])

Percentage of vote: 23.46%

5. I'm looking forward to ALL of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (1 vote [1.23%])

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (19 votes [23.46%])

Percentage of vote: 23.46%

7. I don't care, I'm just here to play Tanks (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (7 votes [8.64%])

Percentage of vote: 8.64%

Which features are you NOT enjoying/looking forward to in update 1.6?

1. Customization options (14 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

2. British LT (35 votes [38.04%])

Percentage of vote: 38.04%

3. Revised SPG Missions (5 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (22 votes [23.91%])

Percentage of vote: 23.91%

5. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (3 votes [3.26%])

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (8 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

7. I don't care, I'm just here to play Tanks (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (5 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DomoSapien #1 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 19:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14746 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, please leave your feedback for update 1.6 below.

To read about out all the new features in 1.6,  check out the article or watch the video below!

Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 08 2019 - 19:44.

omi5cron #2 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 23495 battles
hmmm ... no option for removal of codes? oh wait...that never happened...

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 19:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 25861 battles
How about an option to remove dog tags and the garage party.

Playz4Free #4 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1664 battles
I liked the dog tags (I know they are part of the fest and not 1.6 in particular) thought I think they are more practical in Frontline where there is respawning and the chance that you will run into the same person multiple times in a match versus the one and done of randoms. Also a nemesis bonus or something would be cool in Frontline for getting revenge on the guy (or gal) who killed you.

PTwr #5 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 45434 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

I'd give opinion of dog tags, but profanity is against forum rules. Thankfully modders already devised adblock for that UX disaster. 

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 13889 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

1. Customization options-- Now I can do up my tank like a  custom 1978 Ford Econoline van with a kitschy mural. Wow.

2. British lights-- everyone who has tried them, especially your own CC's, say they stink.

3. Revised SPG Missions-- being months late is nothing to be proud of.

4. Removed friendly fire-- we'll just have to see how it works out. 

I realize I'm being a bit of a pill, but this update lacks excitement.  New map would have been exciting, a new light that could fight wheelies,  or buffs to the tanks that time forgot -- but this is meh.  

Probably the British lights are the biggest disappointment here. Once the word got out that they were laughably bad people stopped caring.

Edited by YANKEE137, Aug 08 2019 - 20:22.

ShutUp_Karl #7 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38141 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

the Customization is nice... but why after all this time since it was introduced tier 7's and 9's are still left out?  I get the fact that tier 6,8 &10's are primarily used for skirmishes & clan wars. And Clans may want to have the SAME decals to promote unity... nevertheless, it would be nice to make the Mauschen look like a rolling bulletin board too... JUST SAYIN'!

SlappedbyRommel #8 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 21:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9573 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
I do not like the dog tags even though you can get stuff which is fine for some but I wish there was an option to turn it off. I am interested in tanks not the gimmicks they represent. Other items seem to be fine I have no interest in British light tanks but it would be good if you brought the German tanks lines up to par with the Russians.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 71973 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostYANKEE137, on Aug 08 2019 - 15:18, said:

1. Customization options-- Now I can do up my tank like a  custom 1978 Ford Econoline van with a kitschy mural. Wow.

2. British lights-- everyone who has tried them, especially your own CC's, say they stink.

3. Revised SPG Missions-- being months late is nothing to be proud of.

4. Removed friendly fire-- we'll just have to see how it works out. 

I realize I'm being a bit of a pill, but this update lacks excitement.  New map would have been exciting, a new light that could fight wheelies,  or buffs to the tanks that time forgot -- but this is meh.  

Probably the British lights are the biggest disappointment here. Once the word got out that they were laughably bad people stopped caring.

Spoiler

Sturm_Teufel #10 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 48120 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
I hate the fracking dog tags in my face when I die. And I don't like the idea of my dog tag in someone else's face either. It makes the game look like a COD or HALO tea-bag fest and everyone's a bragging D-bag. Give us an option to NOT see other's or have ours shoved in everyone's nose.

cloudwalkr #11 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 22:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

Why do we have to rely on a mod creator to turn off dog tags?  Why can't WG give us that option from the start?

also, we want more maps, not new crap tank lines or dog tags in our face.  Maybe return Frontline xp requirements back to original levels that everyone were happy about? Stop artificially inflating xp requirements in order to fleece your customers with boosters down the road when they are time invested?

Edited by cloudwalkr, Aug 08 2019 - 22:06.

RHeadshot #12 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 22:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5471 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 08 2019 - 22:02, said:

Why do we have to rely on a mod creator to turn off dog tags?  Why can't WG give us that option from the start?

also, we want more maps, not new crap tank lines or dog tags in our face.  Maybe return Frontline xp requirements back to original levels that everyone were happy about? Stop artificially inflating xp requirements in order to fleece your customers with boosters down the road when they are time invested?

Because nobody at WG who is making decisions about the game actually play it enough to know how bad their decision making is.

AndrewSledge #13 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 22:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 36161 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
Regarding the British light tanks, nothing about them makes sense. They are worse in every way compared to other light tanks in the tech tree. If you truly think lights are overperforming as a class, why not nerf all of them across all nations? If they are considered balanced, why are the British light tanks so much worse? I love playing a passive scout, but playing them so far has been an exercise in frustration. Too slow to get to passive spotting locations or to escape them, too low view range to be useful when you're there. I just don't understand.

Buttknuckle #14 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 51284 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

Cant say I was looking forward to anything in this patch.

1. Customization options-- Ambivalent. I guess some people might be into it but I'm fine with the "historical" camos and the ability to not see the non-historical one. Really not into pimping my ride.

2. British lights-- Stats and reviews make these look bad, but the crew layout alone killed my interest in this line. Seriously, 2 crew tank at tier 10?

3. Revised SPG Missions-- Whatever. Arty missions were already the easiest of the bunch. But anything that helps those that play arty only for missions get them done and remove another arty from the queue is a positive.

4. Removed friendly fire-- Still think this is an unnecessary dumbing down of the game.

JTM78 #15 Posted Aug 08 2019 - 23:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23644 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
SPG missions need reworked since 9.18, good work.
British Lights, I am not touching that garbage with a 10 foot pole!
Removing friendly fire is great. Good work on that one.

tod914 #16 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 64380 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Aug 08 2019 - 17:02, said:

Cant say I was looking forward to anything in this patch.

1. Customization options-- Ambivalent. I guess some people might be into it but I'm fine with the "historical" camos and the ability to not see the non-historical one. Really not into pimping my ride.

2. British lights-- Stats and reviews make these look bad, but the crew layout alone killed my interest in this line. Seriously, 2 crew tank at tier 10?

3. Revised SPG Missions-- Whatever. Arty missions were already the easiest of the bunch. But anything that helps those that play arty only for missions get them done and remove another arty from the queue is a positive.

4. Removed friendly fire-- Still think this is an unnecessary dumbing down of the game.

Really poorly thought out distribution of crew skills/perks for the Manticore.  It should of been three crew members, not two.   Not to mention the tanks are lackluster at best.  Hardly worth the effort of grinding them.

Ditto on the team damage removal.  Not needed.  Team arty is still toxic.  Only 1/2 a fix for that?  Suppose you like to keep the player base frustrated.  The fix should of been to penalize arty more for team damage.  Once they start turning blue, then they'll think about their shots a bit better.  Well, maybe not.  We're talking arty.

Edited by tod914, Aug 09 2019 - 14:33.

Mikosah #17 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

I actually like the idea of friendly-fire being disabled. There, I said it. Friendly-fire never did anything for us. It doesn't even make sense that there's now a crowd on these forums who suddenly believe that the ability to kill your own teammates was the magic glue that held this game together. Or that they can no longer brag to their friends about playing a 'tactical' game because of this change. To them I say that if your definition of having to play 'tactically' depends on the ability to kill your own team, then frankly you have no business using that word.

The one other thing worth mentioning are the British Lights. By light tank standards they're unimpressive. By the standards of their tiers in general, they're absolutely terrible. I really would be happier if the meta favored scouting tactics so that light tanks would be very strong even as they are, but sadly that isn't the case. The real work gets done in the corridors, where you don't need scouts. If you want these to be better spotters than the typical medium, then they need more view range than the typical medium. If you want these to be snipers, then they need to be at least half decent at sniping (not that it would do much good anyway, another tactic incompatible with the corridor meta). If you want them to be flankers, then they need to actually pose a threat when they get on someone's flank.

Ephemeral_Dreams #18 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 17:14

Private

• Players
  • 9593 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-
How do I disable dog tags?  I cannot find that option in the settings.

Plays_With_Matches #19 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 29714 battles
  • [K-H] K-H
No tier 6 British light... No high tier premium British light for crew training... Top tier British light with only 2 crew members requiring the commander to be god like to cover all three positions (command, gunner, radio man).... Even the ELC EVEN 90 has a 3 man crew. Surely the Brit's can suck it up and squeeze in an extra crewman.

RHeadshot #20 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 19:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5471 battles

View PostMikosah, on Aug 09 2019 - 14:33, said:

I actually like the idea of friendly-fire being disabled. There, I said it. Friendly-fire never did anything for us. It doesn't even make sense that there's now a crowd on these forums who suddenly believe that the ability to kill your own teammates was the magic glue that held this game together. Or that they can no longer brag to their friends about playing a 'tactical' game because of this change. To them I say that if your definition of having to play 'tactically' depends on the ability to kill your own team, then frankly you have no business using that word.

The one other thing worth mentioning are the British Lights. By light tank standards they're unimpressive. By the standards of their tiers in general, they're absolutely terrible. I really would be happier if the meta favored scouting tactics so that light tanks would be very strong even as they are, but sadly that isn't the case. The real work gets done in the corridors, where you don't need scouts. If you want these to be better spotters than the typical medium, then they need more view range than the typical medium. If you want these to be snipers, then they need to be at least half decent at sniping (not that it would do much good anyway, another tactic incompatible with the corridor meta). If you want them to be flankers, then they need to actually pose a threat when they get on someone's flank.

I will immediately leave every game a start getting trolled in, because there is absolutely nothing I can do back to the player.

Also tagged with update 1.6, 1.6, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users