* * * * - 1 votes

Update 1.6 Feedback Request

update 1.6 1.6 feedback

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: 1.6 (66 members have cast votes)

Which features are you enjoying/looking forward to in update 1.6?

1. Customization options (13 votes [15.66%])

Percentage of vote: 15.66%

2. British LT (7 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

3. Revised SPG Missions (17 votes [20.48%])

Percentage of vote: 20.48%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (19 votes [22.89%])

Percentage of vote: 22.89%

5. I'm looking forward to ALL of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (1 vote [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (19 votes [22.89%])

Percentage of vote: 22.89%

7. I don't care, I'm just here to play Tanks (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (7 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Which features are you NOT enjoying/looking forward to in update 1.6?

1. Customization options (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

2. British LT (35 votes [37.23%])

Percentage of vote: 37.23%

3. Revised SPG Missions (5 votes [5.32%])

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

4. Removed Friendly Fire (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

5. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (3 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

6. I'm NOT looking forward to ANY of them (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

7. I don't care, I'm just here to play Tanks (please only select this option if you're going to pick it) (5 votes [5.32%])

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

perfectbuddha #21 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 93257 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

How are you going to deal with the unrealistic game play that no team damage created?  i have been in 2 games in which while in a heavy tank, i was face hugged by an enemy heavy tank and the enemy arty rained down shells on us until i was dead.  the enemy tank was stunned, but took NO damage.  same thing has happened with HE shells from the super TDs, normally friendlies would take splash damage but now they do not.  

i have run into a lot of people trolling in games now, They purposely pull in front of your position because you are farming damage and they want in.  a person doing that deserves a friendly reminder to not be a troll and i completely accept the loss of credits for it.  there are also a lot of people that will randomly fire at you during battle.  this is distracting in that you have to take your attention from what you were aiming at and check to make sure an enemy hasn't flanked you.  very annoying.  

you had mechanisms in place to deal with team damage that worked.  i do not understand what the reasoning was to remove it. 

GorGor_ #22 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 03:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 45224 battles
How about an option to remove dog tags

Almighty_Johnson #23 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 14:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 27624 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I am glad we removed friendly fire as a way to try and mitigate some of the toxicity in game.  Bravo, there

I'm beyond disappointed in the new light tanks.  I'm aghast at how terrible they are and shocked beyond words at how the Devs could think they were playable and ready for release.

Seriously?  Especially after all the hype, but even more so after every single CC who reviewed them illustrated how miserable they are.

Take the Setter as the prime example and since it's the first tank you get.  Put the stats of that Tier 7 tank up next to the stats for the Tier 4 Covenanter.....   The Covenanter is a better tank.  What, the Absolute Frack?

I can't grind this line.  It's bad enough I free XP'd all the Setter's modules.  I feel cheated.

Asiaticus #24 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 17:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5333 battles
  • [NBL] NBL
  • Customization: don't care, prefer historical cammo.
  • British LTs: don't plan to play them, seems like they need a serious buff (good job not power creeping lights with a new line, though).
  • SPG missions: don't care, don't play arty, would prefer it removed from the game.
  • Removed friendly fire: I remember when this happened in Blitz. It made the game less toxic and also less interesting. Players will do more pushing and blocking, so the game will become toxic in a different way. I'm neutral on it.
  • Dog tags: don't like them, want an option to not see them when I die or show them when I score a kill.

Overall, this update rates a definite "meh."

Edited by Asiaticus, Aug 10 2019 - 17:49.

FrozenKemp #25 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 54167 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Customization: please give us more historical decals and emblems and extend the decal system to tier 7s.

British lights: I'm giving them a try, more than most players, but they're not great. Mainly I think they need more ammunition and a shorter reload.  Considering the FV 4005 went from 12 to 20 rounds (66% increase), the number of rounds on the Manticore should be able to go up to 24 or 26, frankly.

Dog tags: actually I like these. They are a bit in-your-face but if there way to implement this in a more subtle way it would be a good way to customize one's account to indicate what you like. 

FrozenKemp #26 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 54167 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
PS British light tanks: WAY TOO EASY TO TIP OVER. 

Carde #27 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 21:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60582 battles

This patch is solely here to make Wargaming money.  Everything is monetized.  The British Light tanks suck, and we have told Wargaming they sucked since they hit supertest.  I dont want to suggest that i simply used easy to ignore invective.  I personally went through the stats, the layout, armor, mobility, gunhandling, shell velocity, camo, view range, shell count, crew layout...and measured them as inferior to the worst light tanks and i plastered the forums with this in addition to pleading with the CCers to do the same, in addition to providing pages of cogent feedback in the feedback reports...all in an effort to prevent the disaster that this company rolled out like they dont even care. 

It is insulting that we have no competition for the Russian light tanks or the ebrs, and it is mind boggling and a total bungle that Wargaming elected to use this terrible line of British Lights in lieu of British Wheeled vehicles, which are easy to implement and enormously available in history to choose examples from.  

So you want feedback?  Just remember you invited me here for this:

1. Start by reading the feedback we already gave you before the tanks went live.

2. There is exactly zero disagreement that tier 8-10 light tanks are dominated by overarmored russian light tanks and wheeled vehicles. So lets have balance and OPTIONS with other lines so i can show up for clan wars in something NOT RUSSIAN and NOT WHEELED.

3. Everyone hates wheeled vehicles, they have ruined light tanks for everyone.  We now realize Wargaming wont change them and actually just BUFFED them.  So, produce more wheeled vehicles from British or American line?  How is this hard to understand?  Do NOT release Russian wheeled vehicles first... Do not tell me you are busy "collecting data" on wheeled vehicles and cant release other lines.  You are clearly not collecting meaningful data.  

4. This patch underscored how terrible every nonrussian light tank is.  They need to be fixed immediately, not in 2 years. Now.  Rhmpzerwagon sucks, Sheridan sucks,  we deserve better.

5. Tankrewards top tier reward...is terrible.  Also...m3Lee blueprints?  Do you hate us?

If the devs are so disconnected from this game to figure out light tanks, start here: Give the British FAST shells and accurate guns with good ammo that includes HESH.  Slow velocity ammo is useless, as is a derpy gun when its on a tank that is so feeble and defenseless.   Give them 40 rounds and if you are confused where to store them then try putting them in the magic void space that ebrs and t100lts and lt432s carry their shells in.   Since its British, you can put the shells in the TARDIS for all i care. 

If you cant figure this out, then a personnel change needs to happen to break up the groupthink.  

And before you edit me or ban me, just remember that you invited me here for feedback and clearly pissed the entire community off for the exact things I have been harping about for months.

C7Angela #28 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 31275 battles
  • [LYB] LYB

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 08 2019 - 18:43, said:

Tankers, please leave your feedback for update 1.6 below.

To read about out all the new features in 1.6,  check out the article or watch the video below!

Please Please Please buff the british light tank!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't make sense to generate these trash tank. I would rather believe that your technician simply type in the wrong number for the alpha damage in their code.

Mr_Nothing #29 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 11:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25110 battles

Whats the point of having the british light tanks if they are little more then cannon fodder?

View PostButtknuckle, on Aug 08 2019 - 22:02, said:

4. Removed friendly fire-- Still think this is an unnecessary dumbing down of the game.

so team killing trolls is smart? its not a sim game

Edited by Mr_Nothing, Aug 11 2019 - 11:29.

C7Angela #30 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 17:36

Private

• Players
  • 31275 battles
  • [LYB] LYB
And you should modify the feature of WoT premium account as well. Right now, the five times daily bonus x3 XP bonus can't fully become crew XP after one vehicle is fully researched and the accelerate crew XP choice is clicked. This is not reasonable, I can easily accumulate 100k+ XP, which waiting for transferring to free XP on those premium tanks or tanks I have fully researched by using the daily x3 bonus. However, I don't need too much free XP! You should give us the option to choose just like give us the option to accelerate crew training!

JRingo20 #31 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 31552 battles

Judging from the massive response, I would say

1.) Nobody cares

2.) Nobody reads the forum.

cloudwalkr #32 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 13:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56419 battles

So I'm regularly getting pushed out now and harassed in new ways due to no team dmg being a thing.

maybe fix some of the absolute trash maps in the game before you worry about another non issue.  Holy crap.

23X3 #33 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 05:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 31178 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
AMX50\100 about lower the reload time down some reload to long.

jikemenkins #34 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 20:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6389 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Aug 08 2019 - 13:56, said:

How about an option to remove dog tags and the garage party.

Yes! This! Please, I'd like to disable Dog Tags. Also, I'd like a Low-Render garage option please. 

Gryphon_ #35 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 05:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37991 battles

My feedback is that the introduction of the British LTs is pointless, as the introduction of wheeled vehicles in an earlier patch ruined the LT game.

Why? The best example is that the wheeled vehicles just yolo into all the 'scout' positions to drive out the scouts, and its pointless trying to kill them because they take crit hits not damage.

The wheeled vehicles need a serious nerf before there will be any significant interest in the British LTs.

x_caliber_9mm #36 Posted Oct 17 2019 - 20:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 46088 battles
  • [PATRI] PATRI

Here's my general feedback and suggestion for improving the gameplay. It's changed a lot since I first started playing WOT and not necessarily for the best.

- De-incentivize suicide: I've seen BOTs and last-man-standing suicides off cliffs or drowning in water. It hurts team dynamics, increases the chances for a loss, and doesn't penalize the player enough. Recommend if a player does this it keeps them "alive" but unable to do anything but spectate. Then they are stuck there until the other team kills them for real, or are the last player on their team alive. It would force them to be a deserter if they want to go back to the garage and that should be HEAVILY penalized.

- Bring back team damage, but lower the requirements for bans: Seen a lot of people abusing the no damage environment to bully people on their team...ie be annoying (push them on their sides, push them into enemy fire, block their escape routes, use alive friendlies for cover after getting spotted, etc). This is probably the #1 thing killing this game's fun right now compared to 5-6 years ago. Also, friendly fire happens in the real world, stop making this less realistic because of a few people who cannot aim.

- Reduce # of arty in game: 3x arty in a game with stun is absolutely painful (3x M44s with their accuracy and fast reload completely ruins the game dynamics). If you mix/match long reload arty then it might make sense, but it doesn't seem balanced anymore. I never thought the original arty setup was bad (long reload, low accuracy, high damage), in fact it was great for countering super heavies from camping. Agree that getting 1-shotted time-to-time was horrible, but that was also fairly realistic.

- Fix bush concealment issues: I've noticed there are a few maps with lines of bushes which hide you really well, but also stop you from spotting even with binocs. I've been prox spotted in scouts by heavies on several of those places instead of spotting them strolling up. Seems like a physics screw up..."look...a Maus just snuck up on a scout and spotted the scout at 40m...in an open field...in daylight"...cause that happens in real life.

- Last and weakest recommendation: Put a cap limit on what tier you can play based on your ability. Experience earned SHOULD be a good judge of people being ready for higher tiers, but there's too many bots now that put brand new players at tier 10. They ruin the game play for the team because they honestly have no idea how to play and while that's great for the enemy team it's horrible for your team. Imagine your 1/3 tier 10s in a game can't play for beans and dies in under a minute. Your team probably just lost all chances of a win. If I'm not mistaken, balance is what WOT has been trying to achieve from day 1? Here's part of the problem. It also removes temptation to use bots because they won't get you what you want.

My 2 cents.

9mm

l_chino_l #37 Posted Oct 25 2019 - 02:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 1886 battles
  • [AODC] AODC

I was attempting to find a general feedback place on this forum but was unable to find one so im going to post this here.

For crews sitting in the barracks can we get icons showing what skills they have and/or training and also a quick dismiss button with a confirmation after clicking. its a hassle to right click than dismiss and close the window on 20 different individual crews when cleaning out the barracks(i have collected alot of crews with no skills)

Also tagged with update 1.6, 1.6, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users