• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 20:22

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3678 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Attention Tankers!

With the introduction to the New Personal Reserves, the grind is, well...less of a grind!  Still a grind? Yes. However the reserves do double your Frontline XP which is nice and yes, you can earn these before the next episode.  Additionally, the respawn is 10 seconds instead of 30 (for real this time).  Here's a video that goes into more detail:

Frontline Schedule:

Episode 7:

Begins August 19, 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET

Ends August 26, 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET

Episode 8: 

Begins September 16, 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET 

Ends September 23 at 04:00 PT | 06:00 CT | 07:00 ET

For more in-depth descriptions and details, check out our portal article linked below:

Boost Your Progress in Frontline Episode 7!

GLHF!

cloudwalkr #2 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 20:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

Or instead of fleecing us with boosters, you guys could just return FL xp requirements BACK TO ORIGINAL LEVELS and it would be "comfortable".  Crazy idea, I know.

EA levels of nonsense.

also why was the ranked thread closed?

Playz4Free #3 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 20:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1664 battles

Will there be other ways to earn the boosters that are cluster run? I'm under the impression that the ten offered are part of a WG global idea.

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 20:35, said:

Or instead of fleecing us with boosters, you guys could just return FL xp requirements BACK TO ORIGINAL LEVELS and it would be "comfortable".  Crazy idea, I know.

EA levels of nonsense.

also why was the ranked thread closed?

You don't have to buy boosters and tbh one prestige in a week isn't terrible to do under the current setup.

cloudwalkr #4 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 20:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

View PostPlayz4Free, on Aug 09 2019 - 20:42, said:

Will there be other ways to earn the boosters that are cluster run? I'm under the impression that the ten offered are part of a WG global idea.

You don't have to buy boosters and tbh one prestige in a week isn't terrible to do under the current setup.

Oh, I won't... and I'm high skilled enough that ranking isn't a problem.  None of that changes the fact WG are arbitrarily inflating xp reqs for the sole per pose of getting avg, below avg players time invested to the point they will feel forced to buy these booster in order to not feel like they wasted their time.

its psychological manipulation and it's bs.

i hope others see my point.

Insanefriend #5 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 20:55

Captain

• Players
  • 45838 battles
Can we need to get some codes to get boosters for frontlines?  I mean we have codes for everything else.........  Might as well have codes for this as well.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 21:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Aug 09 2019 - 20:55, said:

Can we need to get some codes to get boosters for frontlines?  I mean we have codes for everything else.........  Might as well have codes for this as well.

Its a bad idea, I'm sure they'll go with it.

MagillaGuerilla #7 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 21:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 25857 battles
It took me from February to July to get through prestige level 1. That was so painful with all the clown cars, I think I'll pass.

pickpocket293 #8 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 21:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34417 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 13:55, said:

Oh, I won't... and I'm high skilled enough that ranking isn't a problem.  None of that changes the fact WG are arbitrarily inflating xp reqs for the sole per pose of getting avg, below avg players time invested to the point they will feel forced to buy these booster in order to not feel like they wasted their time.

Sunk cost fallacy is real, and it's disappointing to see WG going this route. Rather than sensibly set the XP requirements, they instead set them arbitrarily high and then SELL you a way to get the XP down to a reasonable level. Great.

Playz4Free #9 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 22:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1664 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 20:55, said:

The prizing was better are you shocked that it takes more effort to get better stuff? That said even a below average player or a bad player should manage to get at least one tank in the end and even if they don't they still get gold. People have a hard time accepting that they could just play till they are having no fun, rinse and repeat this philosophy for all ten episodes, and collect what they get at the end. It's not all or nothing.

If people want everything, but don't want to put out the time then it will cost something. With the fact they are handing out a decent amount of free ones which should be enough to get most people through a prestige I don't take an issue with it. With the default difficulty being low enough, I don't take issue with this as being some type of pay wall to get things.

Gravitymint #10 Posted Aug 09 2019 - 23:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5651 battles
  • [REDU] REDU
oh sweet another opportunity for Wargaming to reach into it playerbases wallets... how nice!

MMI_SPI #11 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 01:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23065 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

More Pay2Progress, call me surprised!!:sceptic:

View PostPlayz4Free, on Aug 09 2019 - 16:21, said:

The prizing was better are you shocked that it takes more effort to get better stuff? That said even a below average player or a bad player should manage to get at least one tank in the end and even if they don't they still get gold. People have a hard time accepting that they could just play till they are having no fun, rinse and repeat this philosophy for all ten episodes, and collect what they get at the end. It's not all or nothing.

If people want everything, but don't want to put out the time then it will cost something. With the fact they are handing out a decent amount of free ones which should be enough to get most people through a prestige I don't take an issue with it. With the default difficulty being low enough, I don't take issue with this as being some type of pay wall to get things.

Doesn't take more effort, its blody time consuming, and the strategy behind all these poor decisions was without a doubt, the making of Marketing departement squeezing all the pennies they can. Yes, avg people can and will play until there is no more fun to had...But the relentless grinding for rank, the wheelies cancer, the tier8.5-9 tanks facing tech tree tanks, the forever and ever same map, the same or so outcome for every game(cap B->cap A->cap D->cap E->Turret 4->cap C->cap F->Turret 5->Turret 3). With all these factors, one can only squeeze a few minutes of fun before being pissed beyong hell.

Normal players, average players didnt asked for a second job. Cause it is a job, taking around 20+ hours per week for reaching a Prestige per week. If you spread the salt, its manageable, but both STA-2 and WZ-111 are subpar in todays MM, so not worth it. You will get a rusty bucket in the garage. Thats your reward!!!

Mermaid_Witch #12 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 12403 battles
I must say, I am impressed.  It only took Wargaming 6 months to realize something was wrong with the XP requirements for Frontlines.  Unfortunately, it's about 6 months too late for that large portion of their player base who have jobs that don't involve playing your game.  Now, if you could pay me a competitive salary to play your game, I'm sure I'd be able to get one of the reward tanks.  But since you are unwilling to do so, I guess I'll give Frontlines a pass for the rest of the year.  Because there's no point to subjecting myself to that piece of crap mode if I have no chance of getting anything out of it.  So you can take your "boosters" and shove them right up your exhaust pipe.

Mono #13 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 02:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37962 battles
  • [-HTD-] -HTD-
Spoiler

YANKEE137 #14 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 02:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Better late than never I guess.

mechanizedmarauder #15 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 03:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28737 battles

at the end of the day, I spend a lot of time entertained by the very detailed and complex game wg dials up for us. its got a some large faults, and clouds complaint about the psycology used is valid. but I see no reason to complain that the company im visiting each day is constantly offering to sell me things so they can keep the front door open so that I can come back tomorrow.

all in all, I never expected to find half the available boosters offered would be essentially free. im actually pretty impressed with this format.. people close can finish for free, and people farther away can decide if the effort and gold spent will be worth it.

as for rewards, I don't even understand mermaids thoughts. im not playing to get some intangible reward - the reward is the fun of driving the tank, not in what doodads u get..   -  more succinctly, im playing because I like blowing sh%t up!   -  seems like the original point to me...

speaking of rewards, I realized early on I wasn't likely to get past maybe the 111, if that, and nothing except the mystery tank really looked all that appealing anyway. didn't care. played anyway.

- 'cause...…….BOOM!   ...did I mention I like blowing sh%t up...

I will say, that while its really nice folks who make it to say -  the sta,, and don't want it, can now buy gold or bonds with their prestige points - but - 100 bonds is a little stingy for a prestige point. 1000 would seem a reward more appreciative of the time it takes to grind a prestige point.  at 6 prestige points that's 6000 bonds, enough for 1 or 2 pieces of equipment, and that's not going to make an account suddenly op...

Atragon #16 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 14:34

Major

• Players
  • 43448 battles

Natcat1 #17 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 16:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4174 battles
  • [YUSHA] YUSHA

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 21:03, said:

Its a bad idea, I'm sure they'll go with it.

WG is  killing the game with codes  for every thing from x2 weekends etc.. that causal player  may not enter ( has to search correct webpage for few min every time  before they login for a day).

the_dude_76 #18 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 34016 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 13:55, said:

Or they realized that most people were giving up on the game mode so they came up with an idea to get people back into it.

We tend to assume others would do the same things that we would do so your post says more about you than it does WG...

the_dude_76 #19 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 34016 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostGravitymint, on Aug 09 2019 - 16:36, said:

oh sweet another opportunity for Wargaming to reach into it playerbases wallets... how nice!

A- They aren't "reaching into" anything, you get to choose whether or not you open your wallet

B- Businesses go into business to make money, that's kind of the point...

cloudwalkr #20 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Aug 10 2019 - 16:47, said:

Or they realized that most people were giving up on the game mode so they came up with an idea to get people back into it.

We tend to assume others would do the same things that we would do so your post says more about you than it does WG...

if they were really worried about driving off their players then which idea do you think would bring them back A) baiting with a few free boosters, then selling them once people are seeing how much better their progress is going...or B) simply lowering xp reqs back to original levels and saying "we heard you (our players) and have reduced xp for FL.  Which one of those is more player/customer friendly?

they aren't doing this because they see people leaving.  

Your ur attitude is the reason MTX's and shady/predatory sales practices have become so prevalent in gaming today.

Again, my complaint isn't really geared towards myself or players at or above my level.  We make general or at the very least major almost every match.  My complaint is geared towards avg, below avg players and for the betterment of this game.  What do you think is going to happen if WG sell these boosters (and they will sell them)?  Every event from now on will be designed to get people time invested and then sold the finish line.  It's not healthy.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Aug 10 2019 - 17:30.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users