Boost Your Progress in Frontline Episode 7

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

cloudwalkr #21 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

View PostNatcat1, on Aug 10 2019 - 16:14, said:

WG is  killing the game with codes  for every thing from x2 weekends etc.. that causal player  may not enter ( has to search correct webpage for few min every time  before they login for a day).

yeah the codes are a bunch of crap.  I put my first code in yesterday, so I've missed out on anything else that took codes.  I don't follow their discord, don't watch twitch 24/7 and don't watch WG twitch at all when I do watch twitch.

im here to blow tanks up, not spend my time on other sites finding codes or searching wherever for them.  My time is valuable to me and when I'm in the mood to play tanks, I want to play tanks.

not a fan of codes.

the_dude_76 #22 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 33778 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 10 2019 - 10:23, said:

if they were really worried about driving off their players then which idea do you think would bring them back A) baiting with a few free boosters, then selling them once people are seeing how much better their progress is going...or B) simply lowering xp reqs back to original levels and saying "we heard you (our players) and have reduced xp for FL.  Which one of those is more player/customer friendly?

they aren't doing this because they see people leaving.  

Your ur attitude is the reason MTX's and shady/predatory sales practices have become so prevalent in gaming today.

You think this is shady and predatory?? ROTFLMAO!! They'd have made more money selling these things right from the start so why wait?? And then there is also the fact that they are limiting the number you can buy, this also flies in the face of your conspiracy theory.  No one has ever said "we're going to con people out of their money... but only a little bit of it"

Ok, so here's a question then- Why do you support a company that you believe engages in "shady and predatory" practices?? Before you blame me for anything maybe you should stop and look in the mirror...

Block Quote

Again, my complaint isn't really geared towards myself or players at or above my level.  We make general or at the very least major almost every match.  My complaint is geared towards avg, below avg players and for the betterment of this game.  What do you think is going to happen if WG sell these boosters (and they will sell them)?  Every event from now on will be designed to get people time invested and then sold the finish line.  It's not healthy.

Oh how magnanimous of you to look out for us weak minded simpletons who are so stupid that we get conned out of our money by the simplest of means.

You take yourself, and this game, way too seriously...

RHeadshot #23 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 20:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles

View PostGravitymint, on Aug 09 2019 - 23:36, said:

oh sweet another opportunity for Wargaming to reach into it playerbases wallets... how nice!

stop giving them money.  they haven't had anyone decent for years.

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Aug 10 2019 - 18:52, said:

You really are a dck.  Is it really so hard for you to believe people think of others?  Don't bother answering.

also, it's better to stay and voice concerns rather than just up and completely leave, although I don't support financially.  I do still enjoy playing tanks and blowing stuff up.  Also, love how you put words in my mouth.  It's interesting how you choose to describe yourself, and attempt to lump others in there, as stupid.  Your words. 

You seem like like a great person to hang with.

the_dude_76 #25 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 00:07

Major

• Players
  • 33778 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 11 2019 - 13:51, said:

You really are a dck. 

LOL!! Sure, but no more so than you! I can admit it but can you??

Block Quote

Is it really so hard for you to believe people think of others?

Not hard to believe at all, it just seems less sincere when they're looking down on those "others" at the same time. Pretty sure you could "look out for others" without letting all of those others know how much better you are than them at the same time...

Block Quote

Your words. 

Yes I said what you implied. Because if this was some underhanded ploy by WG you'd have to be an idiot to fall for it.

Now why don't you address my points, they could have made more money selling these from the start... Do doubt that?? Limiting the amount you can spend to less than 13 bucks can hardly be considered a cash grab... Do you deny that??

And finally, why do you support a company that you believe engages in "shady and predatory" practices?? Don't bother with the "I don't spend any money", if you're here you're helping keep this game, and the "predatory" company that makes it, alive...

spud_tuber #26 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 57777 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Aug 10 2019 - 09:51, said:

A- They aren't "reaching into" anything, you get to choose whether or not you open your wallet

B- Businesses go into business to make money, that's kind of the point...

The debate isn't over whether businesses should try to make money,  the debate is about whether the methods they're using are ethical or not,  which is admittedly a subjective question.  

tod914 #27 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 64246 battles
Thanks for the FL reserve missions Jam.  Should take some of the stink out of grinding.  :medal:

botthammer #28 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 22:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 16553 battles
  • [425] 425
It's fine.  Stone average players like me are lucky to get captain.  That's OK.  Have not played FL in over 3 months.  They can choose to run it any way they want.  I can choose to seal club at tiers 2 and 3 and play arty at six.  No problem.........

Strick9 #29 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 01:10

Private

• Players
  • 19059 battles
5 years ago I had no problem 'opening my wallet' to pay and actually enjoyed the game at that time.... I have played Frontline ONCE, never loaded again... And have not opened my wallet in 3 years, stopped asking for WOT gift cards from friends and family for holidays. So yes, Wargaming, you [edited] up and chased away a paying customer.... Get it back to just a fun game to play, tell the whiners to F-off and rake in the cash again. I (and many others) do not mind paying for a game, but am really tired of whiners ruling. And yes, I am sure there will be some [edited]millennial who will call me on whining, but really, STFU and play FFS....... Carry on! (think this will actually get posted? I think not!).

Stevenwt #30 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 02:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 14:35, said:

Or instead of fleecing us with boosters, you guys could just return FL xp requirements BACK TO ORIGINAL LEVELS and it would be "comfortable".  Crazy idea, I know.

EA levels of nonsense.

also why was the ranked thread closed?

your forgetting Wargaming's mantra, 

Its not their money its ours, we just have to acquire it from them.

Seriously this has been going on with game companies now for freaking years. they go in and add ways to inconvenience the game player in order for them to make more money out of you. Games like Fallout add in item degradation because "immersion" and then they make the mechanics to deal with it more and more annoying so they can add in things known as repair kits(24 will cost you 10 USD)  to fix weapons and gear that will usually degrade enough that you have to repair at least one item every day, and from my personal experience you have to repair an item every hour or less, and they swear its not pay to win, but they did honestly describe it as a way to get around having to scrounge for materials... And then they sell you one use "scrap kits" that magicly scrap all the junk in your inventory and send it to your workshop because harvesting materials is inconvenient.

They also put in code hooks for Food storage units that reduce or eliminate food decay that they will sell you when they get around to it.

and they still have the code hooks for lunch boxes in game. so there still hoping they can cram a form of lootbox into the game,

MakersMike #31 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 12:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3618 battles

How can we complain?  For doing Four very easy missions, we all get 10 reserves for free.  Apparently, the average duration of a Frontline battle is 24 minutes.  So for each reserve we'll get at least 3 battles.  30 battles total where our points double.  

ALL 30 TIERS FOR ONE PRESTIGE LEVEL = 30,500 POINTS   So let's assume you average:  *Battle numbers rounded up...

• Captain, 600 points, 51 battles to finish - With reserves 26 battles
  • Major, 900 points, 34 battles to finish - With reserves 17 battles
  • General, 1200 points, 26 battles to finish.  With reserves 13 battles (I know no one will average General, just putting it in so you  can find a happy medium if you fall in between these numbers)

Bottom line is that you save a huge amount of time, and if you suck like me and get a lot of captains and some majors and a general rarely, you'll be cruising through the levels as if you were getting General every time.  Sounds good to me.  

Edited by MakersMike, Aug 19 2019 - 12:35.

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #32 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 13:04

Major

• Players
  • 41383 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postcloudwalkr, on Aug 09 2019 - 13:55, said:

Oh, I won't... and I'm high skilled enough that ranking isn't a problem.  None of that changes the fact WG are arbitrarily inflating xp reqs for the sole per pose of getting avg, below avg players time invested to the point they will feel forced to buy these booster in order to not feel like they wasted their time.

its psychological manipulation and it's bs.

i hope others see my point.

its also a f2p game.. the only people butt hurt are those that are bad at the game / spend the most money because they feel it will make them better, flash ahead 4 years...and they are still bad, and still paying WG..

OraBera #33 Posted Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21715 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

I had thought that boosters were good as long as you started the next game before it expired.

I started Frontline with 10 minutes left on my Frontline booster, made General (all hail me) but the there was no 100% bonus to the Frontline experience at the end.

KaiserViticus #34 Posted Today, 06:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34795 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I just love how being at prestige 8 when the episode started I lose out on 160 tickets...expected it  when I heard about event. Yet I still dreamed it would be retroactive.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users