Another Crew Skills question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

WaywardChild #1 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 04:11

Captain

• Players
  • 38131 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Relating to Gunner and Driver skills,  I figure I stop and aim my shots 70-80-90% of the time. Very rarely do I auto aim, exceptions would be with Lights where locking on and circling tends to be a habit of mine. But still this is not my norm, even with the Lights. I also tend to always get Deadeye, Snap Shot and Smooth Ride as my main Crew skills. Since I'm stationary when firing 80% of the time, am I wasting Crew skill spots? Thanks for any thoughts.

SwollenOstrich #2 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 12:56

Captain

• Players
  • 24915 battles

Snap shot... always useful imo. Prevents gun bloom in turret rotation. Helps regardless of whether your tank is stopped or not.

Smooth ride ... more tank and play style situational. Light tanks absolutely. If you tend to do a lot of stopping in the other tank classes, then probably skip this one on those tanks.

Deadeye is nigh well worthless. A tiny increased *chance* of a crit hit. No.

Typical Gunner skills for me: BIA, snap shot, camo, repairs, firefighting (if tank i am running food)

Driver skills: BIA, smooth ride, camo, off road, repairs

(Usually skip camo on heavies, of course)

WaywardChild #3 Posted Aug 10 2019 - 15:24

Captain

• Players
  • 38131 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Thanks SwollenOstrich , I appreciate your thoughts. I wondered about Deadeye and Smooth Ride, I figure they only work in Auto Aim so not really useful. 

InfinityGamer #4 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 09:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34505 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

Snap Shot and Smooth Ride are always high up on the list for me, I have them on most of my tanks right after BIA and repairs/camo (depending on the tank). After that Deadeye can definitely be considered as a 4th/5th skill.

View PostWaywardChild, on Aug 11 2019 - 00:24, said:

I wondered about Deadeye and Smooth Ride, I figure they only work in Auto Aim so not really useful. 

Not sure where you got that idea. These skills are always active, whether or not auto-aim is active is irrelevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users