AFK Bot Botting

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

shaggy996 #1 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 06:41

Captain

• Players
  • 47397 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

Start of a game our top tier defender says hes not going to waste coin on the team shooting. He drives to the bottom corner and AFKs until the very end. We were wining even without him, but couldnt finish in time. If he had participated at all we would have won. The guy has 10k games at 40%, he obviously has done this for at least most of his 10k games and WG has done nothing. in game several of us asked for everyone to report him. I sent in a report with the replay after and told him. he laughed saying they dont care and would not do anything.

The sad part is I believe the same. WG doesnt care and wont touch him. They take out team damage and allow players like this to do what ever they want. If you dont care about a good clan why bother grinding wehn you can afk your way to tier 10.

This is just and example of players like this I see every night.  

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4986120#malinovka-shaggy996-m18_hellcat

WhineMaker #2 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 38340 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

So everyone has to play WoT as you require?

Seems legit... 

I guess I must have missed the memo where your requirements are being enforced by WG... :facepalm:

shaggy996 #3 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 06:58

Captain

• Players
  • 47397 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostWhineMaker, on Aug 10 2019 - 21:57, said:

I must have missed the memo... :facepalm:

AFK / Botting is specifically against the rules and the fact you would defend it speaks volumes. 

VooDooKobra #4 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 07:19

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postshaggy996, on Aug 10 2019 - 22:41, said:

Start of a game our top tier defender says hes not going to waste coin on the team shooting. He drives to the bottom corner and AFKs until the very end. We were wining even without him, but couldnt finish in time. If he had participated at all we would have won. The guy has 10k games at 40%, he obviously has done this for at least most of his 10k games and WG has done nothing. in game several of us asked for everyone to report him. I sent in a report with the replay after and told him. he laughed saying they dont care and would not do anything.

The sad part is I believe the same. WG doesnt care and wont touch him. They take out team damage and allow players like this to do what ever they want. If you dont care about a good clan why bother grinding wehn you can afk your way to tier 10.

did anyone report him and went in the replay?

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #5 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 07:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

There is no point doing anything. They will never act on it.

- if you send in a ticket without a replay that lasts the whole game, they will tell you it isnt enough. 

- if you send in a ticket with a replay that literally sits there and watches him for 15 minutes, they will tell you they do not take that as evidence and they have their own ways of detection (HAHA). aka pound salt.

you are just wasting your time. bots are the only thing filling the games at this point. if anything they want more of them

VooDooKobra #6 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 07:29

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 10 2019 - 23:24, said:

- if you send in a ticket without a replay that lasts the whole game, they will tell you it isnt enough. 

- if you send in a ticket with a replay that literally sits there and watches him for 15 minutes, they will tell you they do not take that as evidence and they have their own ways of detection (HAHA). aka pound salt.

you are just wasting your time. bots are the only thing filling the games at this point. if anything they want more of them

and how do you know they never do anything?   one ticket does nothing, you need more than one person to actually report it 

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #7 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 07:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Aug 11 2019 - 07:29, said:

and how do you know they never do anything?   one ticket does nothing, you need more than one person to actually report it 

because im not a delusional bootlicker. ive been around this companys block a few times

you shouldnt lie to the random people who might believe you. stickigreen took literally years to ban and only because the whole game spammed the company about him.including on their live twitch streams.....

VooDooKobra #8 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 07:51

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 10 2019 - 23:31, said:

because im not a delusional bootlicker. ive been around this companys block a few times

you shouldnt lie to the random people who might believe you. stickigreen took literally years to ban and only because the whole game spammed the company about him.including on their live twitch streams.....

ah yes instead of anything constructive you resort to namecalling,.  problem is you dont know what is done because they dont tell us, but its easier to assume nothing is actually done.  yep it took them a long time to get rid of a bot, so thats a good reason to just not do anything?   as for being around the block a few times there are those who have been around it a lot longer than you

as well assuming i am looking at the right guy i do not think the guy is botting its just that he is bad in most of his tanks.  he has a few tanks though he really struggles in that he has quite a few battles combined.  that could bring down a guys wr.  

Edited by VooDooKobra, Aug 11 2019 - 08:05.

jimmy_dice711 #9 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 08:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27089 battles
  • [GRSR] GRSR
But hey? If BOT's & Cheating> that goes back in 2012-13,  when (WG knew & EVERYONE that was cheating) swore "it couldn't happen or be done on a server side game"... cough..
But, since 2014-19 WG now admits/proudly post's (while patting them self on the back) Pffft!!
Now>> while WG "bans a handful out of the 1000's" who THEY know cheats, but will 100% only still perm (chat ban) anyone who calls out these weak cheat frauds for "hurting their feelings" otherwise known as "swearing" at them?? Ha!!
I don't even want to begin to break down this double sided excuse from WG:

Is it possible to Hack the game?

It is not possible to Hack the game, AKA: reload twice as fast or see twice as far.

World of Tanks is running on a server-based infrastructure. This means that each and every single calculation is performed Server-Side. Your game client can only do what the Game Server allows it to do. (Buuuuuuuuuuut with that being said & posted here?) What we actually mean to say is this (in the fine print)

List of forbidden features:

• Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them.
  • Software that makes it easier to block an enemy’s shell by indicating their exact aiming point, for example, with a laser beam.
  • Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers.
  • Auto-aim or so-called aim-bots that provide more functionality than the aim lock in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on manoeuvring their tank.
  • Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables.
  • Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map.
  • Software that leaves ghosts of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, placed where they were last detected.
  • Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules.    <<(Ooooh Really?) But hey, as long as your perma-banning them nasty typing player's who get mad at the 1000's of new players who just joined & started playing in 2018-19 in this game, who somehow, still don't get caught "cheating" and still get (top stats & Ace M badges) in only 1-5 games?? I'm ok with it.... wink

VooDooKobra #10 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 08:20

Major

• Players
  • 10000 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postjimmy_dice711, on Aug 11 2019 - 00:06, said:

But hey? If BOT's & Cheating> that goes back in 2012-13,  when (WG knew & EVERYONE that was cheating) swore "it couldn't happen or be done on a server side game"... cough..
But, since 2014-19 WG now admits/proudly post's (while patting them self on the back) Pffft!!
Now>> while WG "bans a handful out of the 1000's" who THEY know cheats, but will 100% only still perm (chat ban) anyone who calls out these weak cheat frauds for "hurting their feelings" otherwise known as "swearing" at them?? Ha!!
I don't even want to begin to break down this double sided excuse from WG:

Is it possible to Hack the game?

It is not possible to Hack the game, AKA: reload twice as fast or see twice as far.

World of Tanks is running on a server-based infrastructure. This means that each and every single calculation is performed Server-Side. Your game client can only do what the Game Server allows it to do. (Buuuuuuuuuuut with that being said & posted here?) What we actually mean to say is this (in the fine print)

List of forbidden features:

• Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them.
  • Software that makes it easier to block an enemy’s shell by indicating their exact aiming point, for example, with a laser beam.
  • Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers.
  • Auto-aim or so-called aim-bots that provide more functionality than the aim lock in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on manoeuvring their tank.
  • Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables.
  • Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map.
  • Software that leaves ghosts of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, placed where they were last detected.
  • Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules.    <<(Ooooh Really?) But hey, as long as your perma-banning them nasty typing player's who get mad at the 1000's of new players who just joined & started playing in 2018-19 in this game, who somehow, still don't get caught "cheating" and still get (top stats & Ace M badges) in only 1-5 games?? I'm ok with it.... wink

or they could be rerolls and not cheaters.  just going to throw that out there as well your post of cheaters has nothing to really do with the topic at hand, we all know there are those who do not play by the rules thats nothing new

Trakks #11 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 10:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles

View Postshaggy996, on Aug 11 2019 - 05:41, said:

Players were deliberately going AFK already even before 1.6 dropped. It's not new. 

Edited by Trakks, Aug 11 2019 - 10:08.

shaggy996 #12 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 10:14

Captain

• Players
  • 47397 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostVooDooKobra, on Aug 10 2019 - 22:19, said:

did anyone report him and went in the replay?

At least 4 of us reported in game and I sent in a full replay and got the standard form letter reply. 

JakeTheMystic #13 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 10:50

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I had one earlier, 9k battles with a wn8 of 9. 9?!! You can get a wn8 of 100 just by driving forward and at least clicking every once and a while. 

Low and behold that guy was at the bottom with 0 damage and sat afk on the base the entire game. 

People have tried to bring names out on the forums of actual bots (with video evidence) and they just get strikes. At this point I just think WG is defending bots because they already have so many at lower tiers that they think its "helping" by making queue times shorter. 

TheManFromKekistan #14 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 11:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Aug 11 2019 - 04:50, said:

I had one earlier, 9k battles with a wn8 of 9. 9?!! You can get a wn8 of 100 just by driving forward and at least clicking every once and a while. 

Low and behold that guy was at the bottom with 0 damage and sat afk on the base the entire game. 

People have tried to bring names out on the forums of actual bots (with video evidence) and they just get strikes. At this point I just think WG is defending bots because they already have so many at lower tiers that they think its "helping" by making queue times shorter. 

How would anyone tell if it was wg bots if wg didn't put the :bot: tags on the name? :bajan:

Asassian7 #15 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 12:01

Major

• Players
  • 25484 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostWhineMaker, on Aug 11 2019 - 17:57, said:

Seems legit... 

I guess I must have missed the memo where your requirements are being enforced by WG... :facepalm:

Driving into a corner and going afk is very much against the rules not only as basically being a bot, but it is also greifing. There is no "this is just how they like to play" about it, that person isnt playing if they dont move from behind the cap the entire game and dont fire a shot.

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 11 2019 - 18:24, said:

Completely incorrect. I have personally reported a bunch of bots, afkers, and greifers/physics abusers and seen them banned. 

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #16 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 12:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 11 2019 - 12:01, said:

Driving into a corner and going afk is very much against the rules not only as basically being a bot, but it is also greifing. There is no "this is just how they like to play" about it, that person isnt playing if they dont move from behind the cap the entire game and dont fire a shot.

Completely incorrect. I have personally reported a bunch of bots, afkers, and greifers/physics abusers and seen them banned. 

i love how you try to present a false argument by bunching in 10 offenses in attempt to make it sound as if you actually got bots taken out

btw, did you finally clear out the little girl dolls from your desk? its creepy and unbecoming of somebody beyond the age of 5

Peter_Schiavo #17 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 13:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13502 battles
He was waggling his turret and finally started moving in the last minute, so he deliberately watched the whole game go by and did nothing to win.

TheHoneyBadger #18 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 13:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28395 battles

I'm an early morning player for the most part.  It has been my observation that those players who AFK'd  or botted for most of their matches are now prevalent in the higher tiers.  There is nothing more frustrating than having your top tier heavy sitting at flag or in a corner the whole match while the team gets slaughtered. 

A couple of weeks back I decided to play my MKA for the first time to get some of the lower tier tanks for the master gunner award and literally of 10 players 2 left the flag or even moved.  This is on the NA server.  After that, I actually switched to LATAM and I found playing against the WG bots to be more fun than dealing with 80% AFKers parked at the flag.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are creating accounts and botting up to a given tier and then selling said accounts on ebay.

As has been mentioned above, I think WG has been letting people get away with this to pump up the server population numbers and keep queue times as low as they can.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #19 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 13:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15007 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
OP, what is his win rate?  (see another of my threads :)  )

the_dude_76 #20 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 34194 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 11 2019 - 00:31, said:

Another genius who supports a company that they think is trash. If they suck so bad why are you still here?? Because it seems like something only an idiot would do...

Also tagged with AFK, Bot, Botting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users