AFK Bot Botting

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #21 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 76840 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

smellycolornumber (a pseudonymn) was a pretty infamous botter.  it took 3 separate account wipes with battle counts well over 100k before he was perma-banned...

dozens and dozens of reports, and even replays were submitted...

knowing this, it's no wonder when one can find folks with literally tens of thousands of battles with sub 100 wn8, damage ratio's under 0.2 and win rates in the low 40s or even lower. 

the main rules wargaming is worried about for "quality of play" are physics abuse, collusion in their campaign events. and abusive chat. 

and the chat enforcement isn't even consistent, or uniformly applied.  I tilt.  a lot, and have been fairly toxic at times.  I have been warned (deserved) and I have had one chat ban.  I am again self policing and have chat turned off over 90% of the time in the past couple of weeks.  I know folks that willingly admit that they are as bad as poshy ever was, and have never been warned or chat banned...

Asassian7 #22 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 25494 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 11 2019 - 23:04, said:

i love how you try to present a false argument by bunching in 10 offenses in attempt to make it sound as if you actually got bots taken out

btw, did you finally clear out the little girl dolls from your desk? its creepy and unbecoming of somebody beyond the age of 5

Firstly, what?

Secondly, wat?

AllieOop2 #23 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 20:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 11 2019 - 20:45, said:

Firstly, what?

Secondly, wat?

I think he is referring to your Anime picture an the popular opinion "adults" that have a thing for Anime.

But your previous statements ( Anime picture aside) frankly I do not buy it. It has been shown many times to get a person banned for botting is virtually impossible.

shaggy996 #24 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 22:27

Captain

• Players
  • 47737 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

Update on this. I tracked how many games he had and he has another 20 games today. So WG with a relay and multiple reports did nothing. Nothing at all.

Stop giving this company your money. They dont care if someone AFKs through games as long as they get money. They havent seen a dime of  mine because of things like this and the pay to win of better prem tanks than spec line tanks. 

Edited by shaggy996, Aug 11 2019 - 22:28.

ddraig_goch_ #25 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 22:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6256 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 11 2019 - 07:31, said:

because im not a delusional bootlicker. ive been around this companys block a few times

you shouldnt lie to the random people who might believe you. stickigreen took literally years to ban and only because the whole game spammed the company about him.including on their live twitch streams.....

apathy.. "The world will never change -- I'm just a victim" 

If you are unwilling to do anything about it. Quit you crying. Just because you don't think they listen to complaints, doesn't make it true of false. and if it takes years, then that's proof that i can work. Geez

Deputy276 #26 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

People seem to have gotten confused and started including CHEATING comments into what was NOT a cheating instance posted by the OP. Sitting and doing nothing is NOT cheating. Yes, it is a reportable offence. But it is NOT CHEATING. So let's get the cheating comments out of this thread. 

Someone sitting and doing nothing, or APPARENTLY doing nothing, is as difficult to prove as someone accused of intentionally drowning himself. It would have to be the SAME person doing the SAME activity over and over again for WG to even begin to look at it. For all WG knows, the guy might be "passive scouting". No law says you can't do that in any vehicle. Or he might have been having connection problems and this was just a feeble attempt at a joke. You just don't know...and neither does WG.

Does WG care about that type of activity? Think about this...how many posts and claims do you see on the forum of WOT going belly-up because of lack of players? Pretty much every week we have threads like that. IF it is true that they are actually losing the players made in these threads (and I don't believe for a minute it is true), what do you think the chances are of WG being quick to hit the ban button? Hmmm? Use some common sense. WG is going to give every player multiple chances long before they are going to hit the ban button. The exception would be if someone did something really stupid and then posted it on YouTube. And as far as I'm concerned, they deserve whatever they get for BEING that stupid.

Edited by Deputy276, Aug 11 2019 - 22:54.

Alpharius_____ #27 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21774 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
Half of the playerbase is not much better than bots, and another 40% only have a vague understanding of map reading and game mechanics, so worrying about bots and afkers is basically a waste of energy.

shaggy996 #28 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:13

Captain

• Players
  • 47737 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostDeputy276, on Aug 11 2019 - 13:52, said:

People seem to have gotten confused and started including CHEATING comments into what was NOT a cheating instance posted by the OP. Sitting and doing nothing is NOT cheating. Yes, it is a reportable offence. But it is NOT CHEATING. So let's get the cheating comments out of this thread. 

Someone sitting and doing nothing, or APPARENTLY doing nothing, is as difficult to prove as someone accused of intentionally drowning himself. It would have to be the SAME person doing the SAME activity over and over again for WG to even begin to look at it. For all WG knows, the guy might be "passive scouting". No law says you can't do that in any vehicle. Or he might have been having connection problems and this was just a feeble attempt at a joke. You just don't know...and neither does WG.

Does WG care about that type of activity? Think about this...how many posts and claims do you see on the forum of WOT going belly-up because of lack of players? Pretty much every week we have threads like that. IF it is true that they are actually losing the players made in these threads (and I don't believe for a minute it is true), what do you think the chances are of WG being quick to hit the ban button? Hmmm? Use some common sense. WG is going to give every player multiple chances long before they are going to hit the ban button. The exception would be if someone did something really stupid and then posted it on YouTube. And as far as I'm concerned, they deserve whatever they get for BEING that stupid.

You might watch the replay before you post what he might have been doing. He even says at the start hes not going to waste coin on the team. 

Flarvin #29 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 54829 battles

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Aug 11 2019 - 17:06, said:

Half of the playerbase is not much better than bots, and another 40% only have a vague understanding of map reading and game mechanics, so worrying about bots and afkers is basically a waste of energy.

And 95% of this post is hyperbolic tripe. lol

CaptainBussey #30 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5540 battles
  • [ROLF] ROLF

I'm definitely not defending Wargaming but I will say this.

You have so many players constantly reporting people for not playing the way people want them to play. A lot of times the players doing the reporting are correct that the player in question is not playing to a certain standard, but that doesn't mean you can report them.

I even saw a player report another player for not going the way that heavies go on a certain map. Then had the audacity to say in the ingame chat that he was reporting the player for not going the right way.

Did he go the "right way"? No he didn't but I'm not sure being bad or not knowing the game is a reportable offense.

That is one of the reasons I was leaning toward being in favor of doing away with team damage. 

If the community reported players when violators NEEDED to be reported Wargaming would not have an excuse to act on them.

I'm not saying they would, just that their excuse would diminish.

Edited by CaptainBussey, Aug 11 2019 - 23:16.

Asassian7 #31 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 25494 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostAllieOop2, on Aug 12 2019 - 07:59, said:

I think he is referring to your Anime picture an the popular opinion "adults" that have a thing for Anime.

But your previous statements ( Anime picture aside) frankly I do not buy it. It has been shown many times to get a person banned for botting is virtually impossible.

Oh I knew it was the anime. I dont care about that. People like that are idiots anyway for hating on a medium they've never even seen.

As for the actual botting. Its true. The first person I reported for botting had his account reset within a few days of my report, though this was in like 2012 sometime. Ive also seen a number of AFKers/botters/griefers I have reported get permabanned. (Granted there was one serial griefer who was stream sniping myself and JunkersHiryu for quite a while that took a very large amount of complaining before he was permabanned, but he was)

Im not sure if this still works, but you can see if a person has been banned on the clan portal, if you go and type in their name it'll show if they're banned or not. At least, it did. I hope it still does. I even got an ex clanmate (who was a total pile of scum and ended up getting kicked from the clan) banned for a week or so because he didnt like me and griefed/TKd me a few times. 

Hellsfog #32 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles

View Postshaggy996, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:27, said:

Update on this. I tracked how many games he had and he has another 20 games today. So WG with a relay and multiple reports did nothing. Nothing at all.

Stop giving this company your money. They dont care if someone AFKs through games as long as they get money. They havent seen a dime of  mine because of things like this and the pay to win of better prem tanks than spec line tanks. 

I'm glad you reported him but I think expecting something to happen on the weekend is courting disappointment. Let's hope that early next week somebody at WG takes a look at this player and his history and bans him. It can take many, many reports. Too many reports in fact. Eventually, however, repeat offenders get banned. 

View PostWhineMaker, on Aug 11 2019 - 00:57, said:

So everyone has to play WoT as you require?

Seems legit... 

I guess I must have missed the memo where your requirements are being enforced by WG... :facepalm:

It seems you are actively trying to make a fool of yourself. You succeeded a couple of years ago so feel free to stop at any time. 

shaggy996 #33 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 23:51

Captain

• Players
  • 47737 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

View PostHellsfog, on Aug 11 2019 - 14:34, said:

I'm glad you reported him but I think expecting something to happen on the weekend is courting disappointment. Let's hope that early next week somebody at WG takes a look at this player and his history and bans him. It can take many, many reports. Too many reports in fact. Eventually, however, repeat offenders get banned. 

It seems you are actively trying to make a fool of yourself. You succeeded a couple of years ago so feel free to stop at any time. 

I was disappointed because they did respond to me that they reviewed it and took appropriate action. Obviously they didnt. 

ThePigSheFlies #34 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 76840 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostWraytl, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:36, said:

and if it takes years, then that's proof that i can work. Geez

reread that statement in the context of a typical game's life span, and then re-evaluate the efficacy of such a system.

then you understand why folks state that it doesn't work.  because effectively it does not. 

100,000+ battes for smellycolornumber (I'm pretty sure it was over 120k, but we'll use 100k as a safe number).  that's nearly 3 million player interactions ruined, because in addition to that bot ruining the games of his 14 allies, he makes an unengaging target to farm for the enemy as well.  

as for the original offender in this post.  I don't know what he does regularly.  I do know that I have been triggered and played 1000% higher than my usual aggro levels when I see just how passive a team is dispersing on a trash map.  And just like we're not allowed to tell the passives how to play, I am under no obligation to try hard either...

VooDooKobra #35 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 10034 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postshaggy996, on Aug 11 2019 - 15:51, said:

I was disappointed because they did respond to me that they reviewed it and took appropriate action. Obviously they didnt. 

what action were you hoping for though?  

if it was just him throwing a hissy fit one game he may have gotten just a warning.  since we are not in his other games we do not really know what he has or hasnt done in them, people are making assumptions based on a single game

Ape_Drape #36 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 00:53

Captain

• Players
  • 43783 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostVooDooKobra, on Aug 11 2019 - 08:20, said:

or they could be rerolls and not cheaters.  just going to throw that out there as well your post of cheaters has nothing to really do with the topic at hand, we all know there are those who do not play by the rules thats nothing new

It's funny...

Never seen a reroll not cheating video on youtube, but I have seen videos of everything he described.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #37 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 02:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Aug 11 2019 - 20:45, said:

Firstly, what?

Secondly, wat?

firstly, clearly called you out

secondly, did you or not. simple question 

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #38 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 02:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Aug 11 2019 - 14:39, said:

Another genius who supports a company that they think is trash. If they suck so bad why are you still here?? Because it seems like something only an idiot would do...

you are getting your dream [edited]  dont worry. soon it will be you and the other schills left. but since you dont play this much either, you will be circle jerking around here reminiscing of the old days when you had players to try to chase away

Edited by jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, Aug 12 2019 - 02:15.

Asassian7 #39 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 25494 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Aug 12 2019 - 13:12, said:

firstly, clearly called you out

secondly, did you or not. simple question 

You called me out for... What exactly?

Secondly, I dont know what you're on about nor what your point is.

VooDooKobra #40 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 10034 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostApe_Drape, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:53, said:

It's funny...

Never seen a reroll not cheating video on youtube, but I have seen videos of everything he described.

again though this has what to do with a bad playing being inactive in a battle

Also tagged with AFK, Bot, Botting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users