No Team Damage = Troll Heaven

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Big_Nasty_Ceech #1 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16455 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Teammates simply drive right in front of your shots now without a care in the world.  Real cool wargaming, way to delete a realistic and very much needed aspect to the game.  #FAILGAMING

WaywardChild #2 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:28

Captain

• Players
  • 38167 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
I agree that this wasn't a good move on WGs part.

RealBattousai #3 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:30

Captain

• Players
  • 42869 battles
  • [TIDDY] TIDDY
The one tool we had to stop trolls in game is gone, I've seen two instances in just one night already of bad trolling since there is no way to stop the trolls now (both have been reported to WG with replays, but who knows what that does) in one game an E100 just went around pushing people off cliffs and generally getting in the way of everyone while taunting people in chat. Stop catering to snowflakes WG.

RHeadshot #4 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5478 battles
This is what happens when people who don't play the game make decisions about it.

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 31612 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

I posted 5 times about the removal of team damage/killing being a bad thing. No one listened or supported my position.

Mojo_Riesing #6 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:39

Captain

• Players
  • 19943 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I can appreciate that some folks will miss Team Damage, but the convoluted rationales for keeping it are just beyond belief. Are we supposed to actually believe that not being able to SHOOT, with damage, another player who...offends you...is the ONLY way to resolve trolling?  Setting aside both Team Damage and TK'ing can get YOU in trouble as well there is the clear empirical evidence that TROLLING has been going on for as long as the game has been around.  If inflicting team damage is a trolling disincentive it wasn't working very well.

I think eliminating it's a good thing, but i'm still looking to hear a rational reason to keep it. I don't think there are any...other than "tradition".

the_dude_76 #7 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 34066 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostRealBattousai, on Aug 11 2019 - 09:30, said:

The one tool we had to stop trolls in game is gone, I've seen two instances in just one night already of bad trolling since there is no way to stop the trolls now (both have been reported to WG with replays, but who knows what that does) in one game an E100 just went around pushing people off cliffs and generally getting in the way of everyone while taunting people in chat. Stop catering to snowflakes WG.

Pushing people off of cliffs still causes team damage, there is no way he got away with doing it more than once...

Gothraul #8 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
All of this is on top of a red tide no less and the amount of pushing has increased big time when it was already pretty bad when team damage was still enabled. I wouldn't be surprised that something happens with in the next couple of weeks that will discourage pushing and escape blocking just to get it under control. 

Big_Nasty_Ceech #9 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16455 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:39, said:

I can appreciate that some folks will miss Team Damage, but the convoluted rationales for keeping it are just beyond belief. Are we supposed to actually believe that not being able to SHOOT, with damage, another player who...offends you...is the ONLY way to resolve trolling?  Setting aside both Team Damage and TK'ing can get YOU in trouble as well there is the clear empirical evidence that TROLLING has been going on for as long as the game has been around.  If inflicting team damage is a trolling disincentive it wasn't working very well.

I think eliminating it's a good thing, but i'm still looking to hear a rational reason to keep it. I don't think there are any...other than "tradition".

My rationale wasn't convoluted and had nothing to do with tradition.  No team damage has a serious impact to the game and the way it's played.  You can offer your response to my original post and I'm willing to consider it, but dismissing my point calling it a "convoluted rationale" is complete nonsense. 

RHeadshot #10 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5478 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:39, said:

What do you suggest people do to trolls, then, given WG refuses to do a damn thing about it?  Because, as of now, the moment someone trolls me, I leave the game.  So which would you rather have from a teammate:  someone who shoots a troll once or twice, or someone who just leaves altogether?

Bottom line is this is a problem exacerbated by WG's brutal failure in enforcing its rules.

Blocksupstudios #11 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12731 battles
removing team damage feels blessed and cursed at the same time. the blessed is that your arty can't damage you anymore and take 1/3 of your health, while the cursed are all the trolls who take advantage of lack of team damage

venom286 #12 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 42872 battles
yep but it feels good knowing people cant damage you cuts down on some of the trolling but I could see where it could be useful for having team damage  but I can take it or leave it 

Edited by venom286, Aug 11 2019 - 17:35.

YANKEE137 #13 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 13893 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I haven't noticed- not challenging you though, but kinda wondering if the trolls just target the better players. The people I see complaining here on the forums tend to be at the high end of the spectrum.  You can't really hurt my stats but you sure as heck can mess up life for a blue/purple guy. 

VooDooKobra #14 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 9889 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostBig_Nasty_Ceech, on Aug 11 2019 - 08:22, said:

Teammates simply drive right in front of your shots now without a care in the world.  Real cool wargaming, way to delete a realistic and very much needed aspect to the game.  #FAILGAMING

so no real difference than before

team damage in not a needed aspect of any game, you want proof why?  look at the posts  complaining its not fair i turned blue because i shot a guy that got in my way, its not fair he pushed me and i had to shoot him.  watch any of kellermans videos.  this garbage is needed in the game?  give me a break.  the only reasoning i can see from the posts is to shoot trolls, which has had zero effect on trolls when we had team damage.  people forget there was never a self defense mechanic in this game.   Team damage adds nothing to the game which is why games with larger playerbases than ours either never put it in or get rid of it.  

View PostRealBattousai, on Aug 11 2019 - 08:30, said:

do you have a replay of this?  pushing people off clifs supposedly can turn a player blue and they lose their immunity to friendly fire, i will have to find it but i believe there is a post where a guy does turn blue drowning a team mate

Edited by VooDooKobra, Aug 11 2019 - 17:58.

Big_Nasty_Ceech #15 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 18:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16455 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostVooDooKobra, on Aug 11 2019 - 17:58, said:

so no real difference than before

team damage in not a needed aspect of any game, you want proof why?  look at the posts  complaining its not fair i turned blue because i shot a guy that got in my way, its not fair he pushed me and i had to shoot him.  watch any of kellermans videos.  this garbage is needed in the game?  give me a break.  the only reasoning i can see from the posts is to shoot trolls, which has had zero effect on trolls when we had team damage.  people forget there was never a self defense mechanic in this game.   Team damage adds nothing to the game which is why games with larger playerbases than ours either never put it in or get rid of it.  

You're ignoring my intended point to push your narrative.  Yes, it is different than before.  People with a brain were cautious driving in front of teammates.  That caution is no longer needed because no damage is assessed, which is a very significant difference.  This was happening throughout my gaming session today.  Furthermore, people are carelessly launching rounds around (and into) teammates in addition to driving in their path of fire without any recourse.  You can say whatever you want about other games unrelated to WoT with unsupported statements.  A lack of team damage detracts from realism and promotes trolling behavior (even if the negative behavior isn't fully intended).

WhineMaker #16 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 38039 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Having the ability to make my teammates look absolutely STUNNING, without retribution = PRICELESS :girl:

THANX WG for removing team damage!!!

Markd73 #17 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 11 2019 - 16:09, said:

What do you suggest people do to trolls, then, given WG refuses to do a damn thing about it?  Because, as of now, the moment someone trolls me, I leave the game.  So which would you rather have from a teammate:  someone who shoots a troll once or twice, or someone who just leaves altogether?

Bottom line is this is a problem exacerbated by WG's brutal failure in enforcing its rules.

So you are advocating for breaking the EULA by leaving, in order to protest people breaking the EULA.

Totally legit 

/s

UvBeenTrumped #18 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 19:46

Captain

• Players
  • 64521 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

Just out of curiosity, why or what makes people think that WG employees don't play this game? I know a couple of people that have their own company making or designing games and they play them all the time. They were actually asked by WG to help them with a lot of the programming but they declined. The owner of said company moved to Russia 2 years ago to work with a video game developer. He plays his games all the time. 

But I do think WG messed up in a big way taking the team damage away. Now it seems too much like a kids game.

Edited by UvBeenTrumped, Aug 11 2019 - 19:47.

RHeadshot #19 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 19:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5478 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 11 2019 - 19:22, said:

So you are advocating for breaking the EULA by leaving, in order to protest people breaking the EULA.

Totally legit

/s

Yep.  If WG would punish the trolls, then I'd have a way to deal with them.  As is, it's either put up with their crap or leave.  I leave.

But I'm pretty sure WG has told people to just walk away from the computer for a bit and the trolls will then leave you alone, so basically I'm doing what WG suggested since they're too spineless to stop the trolls.

Edited by RHeadshot, Aug 11 2019 - 19:53.

RHeadshot #20 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 19:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5478 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 11 2019 - 19:46, said:

Just out of curiosity, why or what makes people think that WG employees don't play this game? I know a couple of people that have their own company making or designing games and they play them all the time. They were actually asked by WG to help them with a lot of the programming but they declined. The owner of said company moved to Russia 2 years ago to work with a video game developer. He plays his games all the time.

But I do think WG messed up in a big way taking the team damage away. Now it seems too much like a kids game.

Because the people representing WG who post typically have less than 5k battles in 5 years.  That's not playing their game.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users