Jump to content


No Team Damage = Troll Heaven


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

BadCorps #41 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 02:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11926 battles
  • 400
  • Member since:
    07-22-2017
How much happier would you be if you drove into a friendly FV4005's line of fire right as he fired. You'd be all "Dumb ****ing **** you ****ing shot me you ****er". Or if you accidentally shot a friendly and got yourself a blue highlight or maybe a ban?

perfectbuddha #42 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 07:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 91083 battles
  • 29
  • [BBICT] BBICT
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View Postleeuniverse, on Aug 12 2019 - 07:34, said:

Let's be real...  The ONLY reason you all want team damage is so you can shoot your teammates when you don't like what they are doing.

 

It serves no purpose other than causing grief, even if accidental.  PERIOD.

Thus, good riddance.

 

I've been using the mod forever, and haven't missed a thing.

While it still allowed for accidents, not really much difference.

 

You all should look at it positively, now you can do "trick shots".

I disagree, team damage is an important part of the game.  Since the change I have seen arty completely pummel me and other tanks while I’m face hugging an enemy tank.  I get completely wiped out and he takes zero damage.  Not realistic at all.  Same thing with the uber TDs that shoot HE or HESH, no splash damage. Really takes away very realistic components of the game.  They had mechanisms in place and I thought they worked fine.  You lost credits and were banned if serious enough.  If that wasn’t enough take away the xp earned in that battle.  I have played a lot of games and a vast majority of the team damage I’ve seen was due to accidents or ill taken shots.  Yes, there are those who do it on purpose (and I am guilty of that at times) but to sacrifice the level of realism because of it is a nail in the coffin of what was once an awesome game.



perfectbuddha #43 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 07:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 91083 battles
  • 29
  • [BBICT] BBICT
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View PostAZandEL, on Aug 14 2019 - 00:41, said:


Wait - what? Doesn't work on arty right? Otherwise I could lob shells into a fraces and only damage the red tanks and not my own. What about HE splash from non-arty? I don't really want to try this in game.

No damage to green players at all, just stun.  I have been absolutely pummeled by arty while face hugging an enemy and he takes zero damage.  Very disappointing.



goldenwest #44 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 18:04

    Private

  • Players
  • 68993 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
Every day now when i play arty I get rammed and pushed around for zero reason other now they can. Today I just got blocked backing up and was killed. Team damage kept the trolls in check , now its open season for them. Instant retribution was a successful control, now , no check on the trolls other than an impotent warning of possible future sanctions. I've surfed for over 30 years, the fear of instant  justice for transgressors keeps the line up fairly civil among what is mostly young males.

rogueluke #45 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:04

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18044 battles
  • 80
  • [MAG7] MAG7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View PostBig_Nasty_Ceech, on Aug 11 2019 - 17:51, said:


You're ignoring my intended point to push your narrative.  Yes, it is different than before.  People with a brain were cautious driving in front of teammates.  That caution is no longer needed because no damage is assessed, which is a very significant difference.  This was happening throughout my gaming session today.  Furthermore, people are carelessly launching rounds around (and into) teammates in addition to driving in their path of fire without any recourse.  You can say whatever you want about other games unrelated to WoT with unsupported statements.  A lack of team damage detracts from realism and promotes trolling behavior (even if the negative behavior isn't fully intended).

Realism?  

it is a arcade version of tanks where you can shoot the same spot non stop and kill a tank.

 



rogueluke #46 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:09

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18044 battles
  • 80
  • [MAG7] MAG7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View Postgoldenwest, on Aug 17 2019 - 17:04, said:

Every day now when i play arty I get rammed and pushed around for zero reason other now they can. Today I just got blocked backing up and was killed. Team damage kept the trolls in check , now its open season for them. Instant retribution was a successful control, now , no check on the trolls other than an impotent warning of possible future sanctions. I've surfed for over 30 years, the fear of instant  justice for transgressors keeps the line up fairly civil among what is mostly young males.

that is physics abuse and you are supposed to report them to support with a film.

Problem is WG used a 5 strike your banned view so it takes multiple reports for them to get any punishment.

 



nuclearguy931 #47 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 81670 battles
  • 10,852
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostRealBattousai, on Aug 11 2019 - 10:30, said:

The one tool we had to stop trolls in game is gone, I've seen two instances in just one night already of bad trolling since there is no way to stop the trolls now (both have been reported to WG with replays, but who knows what that does) in one game an E100 just went around pushing people off cliffs and generally getting in the way of everyone while taunting people in chat. Stop catering to snowflakes WG.


Report that for physics abuse and they will deal with it. Already seen a few posts now about players getting banned.



OlTanker #48 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 16:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21452 battles
  • 437
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016
Yup it is a significant issue. There are folks who are so selfish and insecure that they feel the need to spoil the game for their team. Had three players with obvious new accounts (all less than 150 battle each and player names that were more than obvious as to intent) platooned together to push allied players out into enemy fire zones. All three working to do so on one other player. So what if wot bans those accounts, they will just make another and keep on doing it because that is how they want to have fun. I mentioned it on a Veteran gaming page and another Vet had the same experience with the same 3 players the day before.

VooDooKobra #49 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 00:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 9871 battles
  • 5,713
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postperfectbuddha, on Aug 14 2019 - 23:49, said:

I disagree, team damage is an important part of the game.  Since the change I have seen arty completely pummel me and other tanks while I’m face hugging an enemy tank.  I get completely wiped out and he takes zero damage.  Not realistic at all.  Same thing with the uber TDs that shoot HE or HESH, no splash damage. Really takes away very realistic components of the game.  They had mechanisms in place and I thought they worked fine.  You lost credits and were banned if serious enough.  If that wasn’t enough take away the xp earned in that battle.  I have played a lot of games and a vast majority of the team damage I’ve seen was due to accidents or ill taken shots.  Yes, there are those who do it on purpose (and I am guilty of that at times) but to sacrifice the level of realism because of it is a nail in the coffin of what was once an awesome game.

i disagree, while team damage may have made players be more cautious with the shots, there really is no positive use for team damage in this game.  just look at the number of its not fair i had to shoot him cause he was being mean posts there were.  people shoot a troll then wonder why they got a ban.  or the ones who accidentally shoot a player zooming in front and getting a time out.  each time they were met with "dont shoot the greens" but people did not learn and the behavior keps going.  



perfectbuddha #50 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 13:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 91083 battles
  • 29
  • [BBICT] BBICT
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

team damage is a realistic and necessary part of the game.  since it's removal i have been in numerous situations where i'm in close proximity to or face hugging enemy tanks only to have the enemy arty rain down on me, killing me while the enemy suffers NO damage.  same with HE splash from some of the tier 10 TDs.  it is not realistic at all and cheapens game play, less skill is needed when attacking higher tier tanks.  

 

WG had policies in place and consequences were handed out.  i'm unsure as to why they felt the need to change it?  i have seen an increase in toxic chat and ridiculous behavior in game since this change. 

 

over the past few years it seems like WG have gone for "flash" rather than substance, eg, paint you tank like a clown car, crew skins, dog tags.  not sure what age player base they are going for but as an older guy i would prefer substance over flash any day of the week.

 

 



HDB2000 #51 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 41349 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

I was generally a fan of team damage.    I think it served well as an equalizer within the team, and added an element of realism that required care/skill during play.

 

Under the old system, the worst trolling I observed was taking out own arty for laughs at outset of game, usually done by very skilled players. That was a problem that needed to be solved - maybe no team damage on arty would have solved it.

 

I'm kind of annoyed about teammates pulling in front of me without worrying about my shots, but it doesn't seem to happen too often.  Otherwise, I thought it had been a largely positive change.

 

But this morning I noticed something new - having high-WN8 skorp drivers nudging me out of shooting positions my UDES 03 arrived at first.  

 

It didn't look egregious, but it was intentional, unsportsmanlike, and put my play at a disadvantage.  My attempts to regain my position were futile in my underweight vehicle - and likely to get me reported for physics abuse.

 

Anyone else seeing TD play affected like this?

 

 



thelegionnaire1 #52 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 03:33

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4275 battles
  • 109
  • [-ABD-] -ABD-
  • Member since:
    11-04-2013

View PostHDB2000, on Aug 25 2019 - 16:34, said:

I was generally a fan of team damage.    I think it served well as an equalizer within the team, and added an element of realism that required care/skill during play.

 

Under the old system, the worst trolling I observed was taking out own arty for laughs at outset of game, usually done by very skilled players. That was a problem that needed to be solved - maybe no team damage on arty would have solved it.

 

I'm kind of annoyed about teammates pulling in front of me without worrying about my shots, but it doesn't seem to happen too often.  Otherwise, I thought it had been a largely positive change.

 

But this morning I noticed something new - having high-WN8 skorp drivers nudging me out of shooting positions my UDES 03 arrived at first.  

 

It didn't look egregious, but it was intentional, unsportsmanlike, and put my play at a disadvantage.  My attempts to regain my position were futile in my underweight vehicle - and likely to get me reported for physics abuse.

 

Anyone else seeing TD play affected like this?

 

 

sigh people pushed before team damage was removed.  its not like they took out team damage and suddenly people started pushing. hell most team damage was caused because someone was pushing  teammates to try and get them to shoot them and go blue. the other pop team damage troll was to  run a low damage gun and damage parts ie have fun playing the game with a broken gun damage engine and weakened tracks. because you could do module damage and avoided doing enough actual damage to go blue being a prick this way... i saw it quite a lot.

team damage really did not add anything positive to the game. the claim of you had to "aim" your shots is complete bunk as most team damage was done quite intentionally, and the times when its truly an accident were when they person pulled the trigger only to have the ally roll out in front of the shot out of nowhere again your can aim to the best of your ability but there is no way you can account for a jagoff derping into you line of fire as your firing. 


Edited by thelegionnaire1, Aug 27 2019 - 03:35.


HDB2000 #53 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 04:00

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 41349 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

I'm making precisely the point that it seems there is more pushing now, at least when I'm playing a smaller TD.  Just an impression from over the weekend while playing the UDES 03.   Small sample size, that's why I'm asking if others see it as worse.

 

On having an ally in your sights:

  • There are plenty of times I've had to hold back a shot to avoid the chance of hitting an ally, and the only consideration of that left now is whether the shot will hit my opponent or be blocked.  Not quite the same.
  • The behavior of intentionally pulling in front of a teammate's position to get a better shot is rewarded now, where before it wasn't intentionally done often for obvious reasons.  (This is really the same side effect as what I saw with pushing.)

 

I'm not recording this here to complain, just to give feedback on what the change might be introducing to game play.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users