Grand battle, game crashed twice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DrWho_ #1 Posted Aug 11 2019 - 20:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 27318 battles

For the first time in ages I got a Grand Battle just now but the game crashed twice in the short time it took us to lose.

I've got a fairly stable computer/installation here and I hardly ever experience crashes when playing regular randoms so getting 2 in quick succession seems a bit odd and at least one person said the same in game chat, could have been more than one of course but I was out of the game most of the time ...

Yes I run plain XVM, no other mods

Anyone else experiencing this ?

omi5cron #2 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 10:48

Major

• Players
  • 24712 battles

grand battles have that large map,and lots more tanks to render.were the crashes at points in the match when MANY more tanks became visible...needed rendering? it is possible that your system can handle regular sized matches,but possibly "freaks" when its asked to SUDDENLY work more.it may be that your system is "borderline" adequate....you did say "hardly ever" and "fairly stable".

i suspect something in your system. the other player may also have a borderline-stable unit.

i cant remember what this game has the greater effect on....CPU? i know others have that answer. could it be not enough actual memory? anyway...that is just a guess.good luck!

The_Next_Penetration #3 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 14:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49978 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
I had the exact same thing. Grand battle crashed twice in the same match. Never crashed in a grand battle before. Something with the new patch

FrontenacDuVandoo #4 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 17:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18577 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

If you're able to run Frontline without issue then it could be something specific to the map rather than your computer.

Personally I have issues with Mines. My screen displays some checkered black square on some frames, and it usually leads to a crash. I think there's something in or around the hill that conflicts with my setup.

I tried looking into it for a while, but then we got the ability to block maps and I just solved it that way.

I think Support can provide an app that will collect data to try to figure out crashes. But that implies being able to get the map, can't remember if we can do team training on GB maps.

DrWho_ #5 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 21:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 27318 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Aug 12 2019 - 10:48, said:

grand battles have that large map,and lots more tanks to render.were the crashes at points in the match when MANY more tanks became visible...needed rendering? it is possible that your system can handle regular sized matches,but possibly "freaks" when its asked to SUDDENLY work more.it may be that your system is "borderline" adequate....you did say "hardly ever" and "fairly stable".

i suspect something in your system. the other player may also have a borderline-stable unit.

i cant remember what this game has the greater effect on....CPU? i know others have that answer. could it be not enough actual memory? anyway...that is just a guess.good luck!

When I say "fairly stable" it's because of my background in IT in a previous life and it takes a lot for me to say that a computer is "rock stable" :)

16 GB of memory and a decent video card,I built the computer about 2.5 years old and I bought every part in it new at the time except the video card which was fairly new

It hardly ever crashes any program but WoT does once every .... 500 games or so ? but I've ever had the game crash twice in one battle before. Can't even remember it crashing twice in one day even so I was just curious if anyone else was seeing the same and if not it would have been time to start some serious troubleshooting but seeing as there was another in the game I was in and another here in this thread reporting similar stuff I'll just uncheck the Grand Battle option and leave it at that

Thx for pitching in guys

Edited by DrWho_, Aug 12 2019 - 21:35.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users