macos 10.15 rolling out soon, not compatible with W.O.T. (URGENT)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Crazy_Crusher #1 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 02:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6454 battles
  • [AAAF] AAAF

macos 10.15 is rolling out next month. This new update will take away 32-bit capabilities. The World of Tanks macos wrapper is currently 32-bit based. A 64-bit wrapper must be published by WarGaming immediately or a sizeable chunk of the World of Tanks community will kicked off the game. THIS IS URGENT. Many people like me love this game, and the idea that I may not be able this game anymore is extremely frightening.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY, WARGAMING!

dave_292 #2 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 04:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28474 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
 The HD version is 64 bit. then you can reduce in graphics and check standard for lower quality computers. It acts the same as a 32 bit. Windows 10 is 64 bit and wot is fine on it. You may end up having to use 2 operating systems on your apple. 

Edited by dave_292, Aug 12 2019 - 04:12.

xrays_ #3 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 52105 battles

Simple solution... Don't upgrade your OS! In the past 10 years, there hasn't been an OS from Apple that was mandatory, nor readily needed, to keep your day-to-day operations running. Sure, over time, you want to upgrade and keep somewhat current, but you really don't have to every single time the updates are released. Personally, I'm running 10.12, and there's nothing I can't run, despite being years behind the curve with the OS updates.

I get it, it's about time to move to 64-bit, but I doubt it's even remotely a priority, so you might consider making your own compensations to accommodate that fact.

Also, Apple provides BootCamp for those serious enough to want to play this game on their Mac computers - it's a better long-term solution anyway.

x.

___Jeffrey___ #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 20:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35043 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

View Postxrays_, on Aug 12 2019 - 04:31, said:

Simple solution... Don't upgrade your OS! In the past 10 years, there hasn't been an OS from Apple that was mandatory, nor readily needed, to keep your day-to-day operations running. Sure, over time, you want to upgrade and keep somewhat current, but you really don't have to every single time the updates are released. Personally, I'm running 10.12, and there's nothing I can't run, despite being years behind the curve with the OS updates.

I get it, it's about time to move to 64-bit, but I doubt it's even remotely a priority, so you might consider making your own compensations to accommodate that fact.

Also, Apple provides BootCamp for those serious enough to want to play this game on their Mac computers - it's a better long-term solution anyway.

x.

You actually do need the security updates. It would be very unwise not to keep your OS updated with the latest version, if it's connected to the internet (or is on a network or has bluetooth on, etc.)… 

I have been in contact with CodeWeavers. They are waiting for a 64-bit image from WoT to put in a wrapper. They already have WoWS in a 64-bit wrapper that is compatible with the latest Apple hardware and MacOS 10.15, so we're simply waiting on WG. 

Yes, I agree, BootCamp is the best solution. However, I don't play WoT professionally and I need my Mac to be a Mac not only between the occasional matches, but sometimes during, if something important comes up. I think that most of us that need the wrapper fall in this category (well, that and installing Windows on an iMac with no optical drive is a huge pain). 

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Aug 23 2019 - 01:04.

___Jeffrey___ #5 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 21:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35043 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

WG Support responds:

"Hi ___Jeffrey___, 

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support. 

I see that you want us to get a 64-bit World of Tanks image to CodeWeavers. Rest assured we will help you on this. 

We appreciate the suggestion you've given to us and our developers will surely be glad to hear about this. This will help us continue to improve the game and look for new concepts that will make the game more exciting. 

Most of the updates we have in the game came from our players and we always look forward to new suggestions, ideas and feedback. Your suggestion will help your fellow players in making the game more competitive and fun at the same time. We have now forwarded this to our developers and we suggest that you wait for any updates or announcements in the game by visiting our website. 

We hope this clear things out. If you have other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again or visit our FAQ page as you may find answers to your questions immediately. 

Seize the day, Commander! "

This may be the official "Blow Off" response, but they have always helped me and I will take them at their word…

Edited by ___Jeffrey___, Aug 21 2019 - 21:13.

___Jeffrey___ #6 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 21:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35043 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

Hi, all!

Okay, I've succeeded in completely confusing myself, resulting in a crash course of how these Windows wrappers/VMs are supposed to work, resulting in questions I can't answer. Here's a copy of the response I just sent to CodeWeavers Support. If anyone here knows how this works, please chime in as the more information we can supply the better our Support will be:

Hi, Ryan!

I have a couple of questions and I'm not sure that it's something you can even answer, but it occurred to me that you mentioned WoWS was now 64-bit. Then it occurred to me that I'm only downloading the GameCenter from the links you provided. Then it occurred to me that if GameCenter is then responsible for installing WoWS, then Wargaming.net Game Center (in the CodeWeavers wrapper) must be 64-bit. So I went into my System Report and sure enough it is:

Wargaming.net Game Center:

Version: 3.1.11

Obtained from: Identified Developer

Last Modified: 8/16/19, 9:56 AM

Kind: Intel

64-Bit (Intel): Yes

Signed by: Developer ID Application: WARGAMING Group Limited (9KMD79CS7L), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Get Info String: 3.1.11, Copyright © 2017 CodeWeavers, Inc.

So now I'm certain that I'm completely confused. When we go through Game Center and install WoT, is it going and grabbing the 32-bit version of the game and installing it with Game Center under this wrapper and that's where our conflict is coming from? As opposed to Game Center grabbing and installing the 64-bit version of WoWS? Because it seems that Game Center when it's communicating with WG knows it's 64-bit (as it reports), so it should be telling WG to install the 64-bit version of any game it's requesting? Or, conversely, it's downloading and installing to an ancillary wrapper for the game (since Game Center doesn't actually run the game itself, so it launches a new instance of the wrapper that you provide that's game-specific)? 

Any insight would be infinitely appreciated!

Thank you!

Crazy_Crusher #7 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 00:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6454 battles
  • [AAAF] AAAF
That's funny. I reached out to WarGaming about this problem, and they basically just said that they don't support Mac, and if I have a problem, that I should reach out to this forum or Codeweavers forum. Codeweavers forum ignored me so here I am.

___Jeffrey___ #8 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 00:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35043 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

CodeWeavers responds:

Jeffrey,

You are correct in that WGC is grabbing a 32-bit version of WOT because there is not a 64-bit available. Although WGC is indeed 64-bit, WOT will still run as a 32-bit where the memory issues are apparent. If you refer to the attachment, WOW's has the option to run 32-bit and 64-bit which the users can choose. Unfortunately, this is not the same for WOT as of yet.

Regards,
CodeWeavers Support.

So there we have it…

___Jeffrey___ #9 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 01:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35043 battles
  • [GRID] GRID

View PostCrazy_Crusher, on Aug 22 2019 - 00:19, said:

That's funny. I reached out to WarGaming about this problem, and they basically just said that they don't support Mac, and if I have a problem, that I should reach out to this forum or Codeweavers forum. Codeweavers forum ignored me so here I am.

I followed the suggestion to just contact CodeWeavers Support directly and they are awesome! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users