how bad are British LT's? welp, I found a hilarious new item to add to the list...

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

JollyGrim #1 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 06:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36649 battles

item #50,423 of things that make the British LT's bad  -  the inability to knock down a destructible fence.......but wait there's more!...

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyGiftedDogePraiseIt

:facepalm:

Zuikakoo #2 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 08:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21763 battles
... that's pathetic.... WG either fix these things or get rid of them.   Or give them special matchmaking that UK lights can only get teamed up against UK lights.   An LHMTV to an LT-432 is a child to a Green Beret, they should not be treated as equals and matched as equals.

leeuniverse #3 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 08:29

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
hee hee

leadtag101 #4 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 10:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18290 battles

Well my LHMTV got high centered on a horse turd!

The things suck a$$!

I refuse to go any further till WG fixes these British Lts

Atragon #5 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 10:52

Major

• Players
  • 43448 battles
I used to say this game is programmed by kids living in their mom's basement. But they can program better than this.

24cups #6 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:04

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Before they came out all the reviews said that they sucked.
Now people grind them and come here to complain that,  guess what, they suck.

Just don't play them. Maybe WG will get the message.

Guido1212 #7 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:31

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81360 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
They don’t suck, not nearly as bad as people are flapping their gums about.

It’s a self licking ice cream cone now though.  This whole place believes it.

That’s too bad because they are balanced and interesting.

It’s a very good thing they weren’t released OP/flavor of the month.

Unfortunately with the ridiculous reaction from the influencers and the community guess what the next release will be?  Probably back to the OP flavor of the month.

24cups #8 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:34

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 06:31, 

Unfortunately with the ridiculous reaction from the influencers and the community guess what the next release will be? Probably back to the OP flavor of the month.

That's pretty much a guarantee.  

thorus08 #9 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28996 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 06:31, said:

I don't find them interesting at all(just my opinion).  While I'm glad they didn't release an OP line, they at least could have made them unique in some way.  As it stands, most of the line's characteristics are similar at best or worse in important ways to the tier equivalent counterparts.  Some sort of unique ability/feature would have at least made them interesting.  I'm not surprised with the route they chose after seeing the division of opinions regarding a recent release of wheeled vehicles though.

Take the amx elc bis, it's not great or powerful in it's current state, but it's fun to play once in awhile.  Similarly, the tog.  It's not a good tank, but it can still be fun to play(hah Jingles just spoke about the same thing while I'm listening to MwJ in the background so I guess that's credit to him).  Fun doesn't have to be OP.

Guido1212 #10 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:47

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81360 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post24cups, on Aug 12 2019 - 11:34, said:

That's pretty much a guarantee.  

Yes, and it’s frustrating.  There are dozens if not hundreds of posts and videos bemoaning the latest OP tank release.  

WG attempts to take a more measured approach by releasing more reasonably balanced tanks and people lose their collective stuff.

i suspect there will be a slight buff, but the idea that they are simply terrible is well overblown.

24cups #11 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:52

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 06:47, said:

Yes, and it’s frustrating.  There are dozens if not hundreds of posts and videos bemoaning the latest OP tank release.  

WG attempts to take a more measured approach by releasing more reasonably balanced tanks and people lose their collective stuff.

i suspect there will be a slight buff, but the idea that they are simply terrible is well overblown.

Remember the Maurbrecher  ? 

Guido1212 #12 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 12:55

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81360 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post24cups, on Aug 12 2019 - 11:52, said:

Remember the Maurbrecher  ? 

There are always exceptions.  I haven’t looked at the stats on that lately.  Is it even the worst tier 8?

We both know the standard release is to make them OP or at least a couple in the line.

And truth be told the Msurbrecher is better to have in game than a bunch of Defender level tanks.

GuillotineSpirit #13 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 13:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17875 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 12:31, said:

It’s a self licking ice cream cone now though. This whole place believes it.

Unfortunately with the ridiculous reaction from the influencers and the community guess what the next release will be? Probably back to the OP flavor of the month.

No, almost but not quite the definition of a self licking ice cream cone - would have to be perpetrated by WG to qualify as self serving. As for the influencers, there is no bureaucracy or even organization there.

24cups #14 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 24430 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 06:55, said:

There are always exceptions.  I haven’t looked at the stats on that lately.  Is it even the worst tier 8?

We both know the standard release is to make them OP or at least a couple in the line.

And truth be told the Msurbrecher is better to have in game than a bunch of Defender level tanks.

My point is that the Maurbrecher was not OP at release and everyone cried how bad it was. 

It's actually not that bad, but compared to the rest of the premiums being released it looks terrible.  But that's how premiums used to be.  

NOT better than tech tree tanks.  

JollyGrim #15 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 13:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36649 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 05:31, said:

View PostGuido1212, on Aug 12 2019 - 05:47, said:

Yes and no, Guido.  They are most definitely "bad."  However, the most important component/variable/metric has been and always will be the decision making of the user behind the keyboard.  If the user understands the limitations of the tank and plays accordingly, they can still affect the outcome of the game no matter what tank they're in.

WG seems to know they're bad, but they're also trying to combat the idea of power creep.  While I'm okay with a less than stellar line being introduced, I do think they went a little too far on the less than stellar part.  There is practically no redeeming quality with these tanks.  Only the comparison of a large data set will prove the point, but I believe they could have balanced these just a tad before introduction.  

I do agree that I would much rather see this than a bunch of Defender level - or LT-432 level - OP nonsense.  Do this with the next Russian released tank or tank line and I'll be impressed.

ThePigSheFlies #16 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 14:01

Major

• Players
  • 74352 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I would legit rather active scout in an e25 fail tooned to tier 9 than play the setter.  I tooned up with Taugrim for a couple over the weekend while he was playing it.  ugh.

and there's no denying the tier 10 problem.  it may make an interesting diversion for a CC using his sheriff account where a 2 man crew perk/skill isn't an issue, but as for me (a huge fan of LTs) the honest fact of the matter is that the only way I can see even considering the line is if I suddenly end up with a HUGE influx of british blue print sections, and/or those specific for the line.

Veracks #17 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 14:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22389 battles
  • [SU] SU

They're not balanced. They're pathetically underpowered. Why in the fudge would I drive one of these things when the RU/wheelie lines exist? Both lines absolutely dominate and make these tanks absolutely irrelevant. The worst part is how the Manticore doesn't even have spectacular camo. Its camo is more or less identical to the T100 and EBR 105. Its gun is also miles worse than both of them. Don't even get me started on its mobility either.

Trauglodyte #18 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 14:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 23109 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postthorus08, on Aug 12 2019 - 12:40, said:

I don't find them interesting at all(just my opinion).  While I'm glad they didn't release an OP line, they at least could have made them unique in some way.  As it stands, most of the line's characteristics are similar at best or worse in important ways to the tier equivalent counterparts.  Some sort of unique ability/feature would have at least made them interesting.  I'm not surprised with the route they chose after seeing the division of opinions regarding a recent release of wheeled vehicles though.

Take the amx elc bis, it's not great or powerful in it's current state, but it's fun to play once in awhile.  Similarly, the tog.  It's not a good tank, but it can still be fun to play(hah Jingles just spoke about the same thing while I'm listening to MwJ in the background so I guess that's credit to him).  Fun doesn't have to be OP.

I haven't played them and didn't test them.  But, I think the overarching problem to them boils down to what Tru said, the other night.  To the player base, Light tanks are, for the most part, damage based machines.  There are plain few Light tanks that are actually pushed towards the less damage/more passive scouting role.  Because of this, people look at the tanks and bemoan everything that is wrong with them.  In truth, while they need some positive adjustments, I am a firm believer that the real issues, with the British Light Tanks, is a combination of poorly designed and very small maps AND the lack of available tools to actually scout, since we all know that camo, especially bush camo, trumps vision.  In the case of the Brit Lights, I like the combination of camo rating and design intent.  But, Lights still need to be able to utilize their guns and their guns are, in terms of DPM, severely lacking.  IF they had been the logical single-shot version of the ELC EVEN 90, they'd be fantastic.  Just need to get the gun rate up a bit...

....and then WG needs to figure the f out how to design maps.  4serius!!!

EDIT:  I wonder if WG should just give all of the Brit Lights a standard free 8-10 rounds of HE.  Would help with the ammo concerns and would keep it in line with how Brits ran their ammo usage.

Edited by Trauglodyte, Aug 12 2019 - 14:45.

FearTheBadger #19 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 15:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17150 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R

Now playing the Setter, don't have a lot of games in it yet but I like.  Maybe its because I don't expect to much from it.  I play it like a second level scout and more so like a support tank.  I have upgraded to the big tracks, turret and big gun.  I started a new crew in it since by the time you get to tier 10 which is only a two person crew.  your commander has to have a crap load of skills.

Anyway that's my opinion:)

The_Next_Penetration #20 Posted Aug 12 2019 - 16:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48431 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
I'd rather them be released under powered and buffed later after real world conditions are measured than do what they did with the ebrs. Release them in stupid mode and have to take forever to nerf them or in case of the premium one, never be able to nerf them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users