Jump to content


How am I timing out of the queue?

bots queue

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

NoamChomsky #1 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 04:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29413 battles
  • 47
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013
How am I timing out of the queue when there are bots in the game?!?  It makes no sense to me.  This morning on the SA server, I played several games w/the bots.  Great!  Then I started timing out at tier 4, I think.  Why does the game NOT create bots to compensate for the long queue times instead of timing out??

I_QQ_4_U #2 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 05:05

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22963 battles
  • 7,058
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
Maybe there were no humans to put on the other team. If it's like WoWP they always have at least one player on each team, I suppose so you can't just farm the bots with impunity.

Michelin2433 #3 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 05:06

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 77 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    02-21-2019
crasy how so few ppl liek you

NoamChomsky #4 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 06:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29413 battles
  • 47
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Aug 13 2019 - 05:05, said:

Maybe there were no humans to put on the other team. If it's like WoWP they always have at least one player on each team, I suppose so you can't just farm the bots with impunity.

Makes sense.



jst2gr8 #5 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 12:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65180 battles
  • 1,160
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Seems lower tier games are getting harder to get into. I even noticed that yesterday when trying to complete a mission for the low tier tanks. Took forever to get into a match but when in an 8 or higher it would jump right in.

I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 14:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22963 battles
  • 7,058
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 13 2019 - 12:27, said:

Seems lower tier games are getting harder to get into. I even noticed that yesterday when trying to complete a mission for the low tier tanks. Took forever to get into a match but when in an 8 or higher it would jump right in.

 

 It's been lie that since I started. First day I gave up after 20 minutes.



24cups #7 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 14:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 24503 battles
  • 4,183
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
I tried tiers 1 and 2 using a Sheriff account to give some new players a chance at gold but couldn't get into a game. That was on the last sherriff weekend.

jamesdoz #8 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 15:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 39355 battles
  • 3,938
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    05-08-2012
I only play tier 4 once in a while, But when I do I do not have to wait more than 30 secs. I play at night est 10pm and on.

Kramah313 #9 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 15:38

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4826 battles
  • 252
  • Member since:
    01-26-2018
When I stared at the beginning of 2018 I don’t remember having a ton of trouble getting tier 1 and 2 games. There were probably more players then but I think a big part of it is that a large portion of tier 1 and 2 games took place on mittengard, where the teams could brawl it out for about 3 minutes and then it would be over because the map was so small, and then the queue would have those players dumped back in. I really enjoyed those crazy mittengard games at tier 1 and 2. I didn’t know what I was doing at all but it was fun. 

Omega_Weapon #10 Posted Aug 13 2019 - 16:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 53174 battles
  • 2,653
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostNoamChomsky, on Aug 12 2019 - 22:20, said:

How am I timing out of the queue when there are bots in the game?!?  It makes no sense to me.  This morning on the SA server, I played several games w/the bots.  Great!  Then I started timing out at tier 4, I think.  Why does the game NOT create bots to compensate for the long queue times instead of timing out??


There is a maximum of 7 bots per team. That means you need at least 6 human players to join (3 per side) for a small 10 vs 10 match. Haven't seen SA put together smaller matches than that.



NoamChomsky #11 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 04:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29413 battles
  • 47
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 13 2019 - 16:28, said:


There is a maximum of 7 bots per team. That means you need at least 6 human players to join (3 per side) for a small 10 vs 10 match. Haven't seen SA put together smaller matches than that.

I think that's the most likely culprit. Thanks.



SporkBoy #12 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 21:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 48403 battles
  • 2,839
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Bots aren't at every tier either, right?

RingoMcHarrison #13 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 21:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 36357 battles
  • 5,276
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostSporkBoy, on Aug 14 2019 - 17:41, said:

Bots aren't at every tier either, right?


 Just 5 or below as far as I know.



Boghie #14 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 22:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8502 battles
  • 1,149
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

Dude is on the SA server - as he stated.  There are about 1500 on-line during peak hours.

 

It is hard to get into Tier I games on NA.  I hard grind lines - I really don't use FreeXP.  I mean, you get through Tiers I and II in about three/four games anyway...  On NA, Tiers II and especially III are easy to get into - and, Tier IV is fast.



Flarvin #15 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 22:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 54607 battles
  • 16,914
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View Post24cups, on Aug 13 2019 - 08:49, said:

I tried tiers 1 and 2 using a Sheriff account to give some new players a chance at gold but couldn't get into a game. That was on the last sherriff weekend.

 

I am glad to see you looking out for new players. Good job.

 

I know the gold would have truly helped me, when I first started. 







Also tagged with bots, queue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users