My review review of the setter so far.

British light tanks

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

fierronights #1 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 01:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8709 battles
I’m not a forum person but here’s this. So for my play style this is how I play. I go into matches to mess someone up, most of the time it’s a one on one match, sometimes two to one then I’m on to fight again. This game to me is just shy of a mobile app if phones could do just a little more considering it’s mostly a point an click game and also considering it’s just tanks and nothing else that other pc games offer with today’s technology. Anyway, so I grinded towards the Setter. I thought it looked cool so for the past couple of days and over  two hundred matches using reserves and gold I finally got to the setter. The Crom is fun btw, it’s got the 1v1 brawler style I enjoy playing. 

Anyway, this thing is like setting the difficulty to hard on this arcade game with no bonuses for the next round if you win. ( ideas here... I digress) 

You know how arty stays in the back ? Well this tank is good for picking a bush and sitting in it like a machine you just turn on and leave there. You can do that while watching you tube or doing other things around the house. I usually cook or roll cigarettes since those take time in the day. It lets you play the game while doing other stuff that the game takes too much time away from when you have other responsibilities. The tank can’t do much else, so it’s foolish to expect much more from it. 

If you play this tank as you would any other tank such as shooting, evading or even going on the hunt with the intent to kill while spotting then you’d be in for a new venture. Using this tank in this fashion is a different type of game play. If this game had a hard setting, this would be it. It’s like ramping up the difficulty in nearly all aspects except you get no bonus in return. If anything it reminds me of playing a more realistic tank that’s been pulled from real life history and put into an arcade virtual reality world where it gets its [edited]handed to its crew often. Like a sort of hell for that crew in the tank to live day after day. 

Here’s a game I even came up for use with this tank. If your someone who doesn’t care who’s on your team and the drama and whatever else and just play the game for YOURSELF. Then I came up with a fun game to use for this tank. It’s called Nights Last Hope. You play this tank with the sixth perk, and you have to make it to the opponents arty without getting spotted once and destroy it. All other players on the field are threats and if on your team, they are there to talk trash about what your doing to keep you motivated Marine corps style. 

If your spotted you lose instantly, if you don’t kill the arty you lose. 

You’ll have to avoid all enemy detection metal gear solid style. You’ll have to do your own recon and then move to another location to kill while hidden. Everything on the board is moving Pac-Man style. If you win, you get 5k xp from me personally for giving a crapabout your life experience; using your amounted skill you’ve acquired through your entire life and applying it to the now. If your life matters and you win, Jk. 

In all seriousness though, it’s a challenging tank. Turn down the volume of the bs, get cross faded and put on some relaxing tunes and this is the slow paced, sneaky and hard tank to play with.

Edited by fierronights, Aug 14 2019 - 02:02.

non_creative_name #2 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 02:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10212 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Stoped reading at this is a point and click game. Would be if I wanted a 45 percent winrate. This game takes a lot more than shooting the red guys. Anyway someone else let me know the jist of this book.

24_inch_pythons #3 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 29410 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostCreeper_Peaper_Reeper, on Aug 13 2019 - 19:24, said:

someone else let me know the jist of this book.

The setter sucks

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 37524 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postfierronights, on Aug 13 2019 - 18:48, said:

I’m not a forum person but here’s this. So for my play style this is how I play. I go into matches to mess someone up, most of the time it’s a one on one match, sometimes two to one then I’m on to fight again. This game to me is just shy of a mobile app if phones could do just a little more considering it’s mostly a point an click game and also considering it’s just tanks and nothing else that other pc games offer with today’s technology. Anyway, so I grinded towards the Setter. I thought it looked cool so for the past couple of days and over  two hundred matches using reserves and gold I finally got to the setter. The Crom is fun btw, it’s got the 1v1 brawler style I enjoy playing. 

Anyway, this thing is like setting the difficulty to hard on this arcade game with no bonuses for the next round if you win. ( ideas here... I digress) 

You know how arty stays in the back ? Well this tank is good for picking a bush and sitting in it like a machine you just turn on and leave there. You can do that while watching you tube or doing other things around the house. I usually cook or roll cigarettes since those take time in the day. It lets you play the game while doing other stuff that the game takes too much time away from when you have other responsibilities. The tank can’t do much else, so it’s foolish to expect much more from it. 

If you play this tank as you would any other tank such as shooting, evading or even going on the hunt with the intent to kill while spotting then you’d be in for a new venture. Using this tank in this fashion is a different type of game play. If this game had a hard setting, this would be it. It’s like ramping up the difficulty in nearly all aspects except you get no bonus in return. If anything it reminds me of playing a more realistic tank that’s been pulled from real life history and put into an arcade virtual reality world where it gets its [edited]handed to its crew often. Like a sort of hell for that crew in the tank to live day after day. 

Here’s a game I even came up for use with this tank. If your someone who doesn’t care who’s on your team and the drama and whatever else and just play the game for YOURSELF. Then I came up with a fun game to use for this tank. It’s called Nights Last Hope. You play this tank with the sixth perk, and you have to make it to the opponents arty without getting spotted once and destroy it. All other players on the field are threats and if on your team, they are there to talk trash about what your doing to keep you motivated Marine corps style. 

If your spotted you lose instantly, if you don’t kill the arty you lose. 

You’ll have to avoid all enemy detection metal gear solid style. You’ll have to do your own recon and then move to another location to kill while hidden. Everything on the board is moving Pac-Man style. If you win, you get 5k xp from me personally for giving a crapabout your life experience; using your amounted skill you’ve acquired through your entire life and applying it to the now. If your life matters and you win, Jk. 

In all seriousness though, it’s a challenging tank. Turn down the volume of the bs, get cross faded and put on some relaxing tunes and this is the slow paced, sneaky and hard tank to play with.

fierronights #5 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 03:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8709 battles

View PostCreeper_Peaper_Reeper, on Aug 14 2019 - 02:24, said:

Stoped reading at this is a point and click game. Would be if I wanted a 45 percent winrate. This game takes a lot more than shooting the red guys. Anyway someone else let me know the jist of this book.

I don’t care about stats and numbers and blah blah. I play a game based on the experience I have and like to return to. Stats your looking at mean nothing for my play style I enjoy. I’m showing a side of play style this tank has to offer. It’s challenging, on random matches who cares about bob and joe. It’s just your personal experience because you’ll prolly never even see bob and joe ever again. So for this tank, it’s challenging, any mistake and your done, you can’t fight more than an ant bite but you can hide, linger and creep. It’s a different play style, one some may enjoy the challenge with. If you see a wounded tank you can even strike but it’s not a chest to chest fighter. Or a fast moving scout that can defend itself. It’s a machine that if spotted will be destroyed without consequences to the other team. 

Edited by fierronights, Aug 14 2019 - 03:30.

non_creative_name #6 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 03:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10212 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postfierronights, on Aug 13 2019 - 21:11, said:

I don’t care about stats and numbers and blah blah. I play a game based on the experience I have and like to return to. Stats your looking at mean nothing for my play style I enjoy. I’m showing a side of play style this tank has to offer. It’s challenging, on random matches who cares about bob and joe. It’s just your personal experience because you’ll prolly never even see bob and joe ever again. So for this tank, it’s challenging, any mistake and your done, you can’t fight more than an ant bite but you can hide, linger and creep. It’s a different play style, one some may enjoy the challenge with. If you see a wounded tank you can even strike but it’s not a chest to chest fighter. Or a fast moving scout that can defend itself. It’s a machine that if spotted will be destroyed without consequences to the other team. 

I will say it again..... What did he say. I refuse to lose brain cells. Let me guess...... I am bad for trying and you play for fun. Look nothing personal I suck at BDO and other mmorpg games but I still try and look for a challenge.

thandiflight #7 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 04:18

Major

• Players
  • 86237 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
There is a reason it is called the "Setter": Setter is a breed of large dog. This thing is a dog. More to the point it is the thing that comes out of a dog from the opposite end to which the bark comes out. The same could be said for the rest of the line.

fierronights #8 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 04:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8709 battles

It ups the challenge of gameplay on a live online game. Any guys that cry on forums and pm drama complain are unattractive btw. I get it’s the forum norm for guys to bring out the overly dramatic girly in themselves which is why I stay out of it. Anyway the tank is fun, it’s a new game play. Just offering info on it for those looking for a non brawler play style for their personal experience when they log on. And a thought for a personal goal when playing the tank. Before I got the tank, I saw a few vids and even post of people complaining about it. For those expecting a tank with a big gun you can drive around and have shots bounce off you while you one shot others without a scratch, that’s not going to happen. 

You can play this game on random matches however you like. This game is designed fair. You will lose and win some no matter how you play because its fair and everyone at the end of the day is a winner. Thats the game as is on random battle matches on your own. If you think its not and your shots miss and such all of a sudden because its your fault your perfectly aimed shot still wasn't good enough then your head is in a hole. For everytime you win someone has to lose, i will always be around 50% win rate as long as the word balance and fair and such and such remain. 

Numbers will mean something under these conditions. The same team faces the same opponents in the same tanks over several matches on various maps. Outside of that, the word random in random game mode means all calculated outcomes and opinions are that, random and meaningless when judging the consecutive picture. Take a moment and step back, really use your brain and see the game for its face value or players when you criticize with numbers. Me personally, ill get into something and get out when bored. Same as this game, later this year or next ill get into something ill throw money at and have fun with till im bored and ill be on to something new doing the same. This is just one of many things ill spend time on over my years. Its nothing to fret over and i dont give a crap about numbers for the short time ill be into this game while i wait for another game atm to come out. 

This game isnt star citizen, there are no votes from wg asking what people who fund their staff what they want. The most this game will come out with is another tank and then guess what else next. Another tank. Thats it. Stats vs stats in a game that pairs stats to match stats and you see it on your screen displayed with a pixel tank. Maybe one day if they can afford it, merge servers and have grand scale wars of hundreds of players on massive, massive maps with warships that actually drop off the tanks and have the planes and all that going on and you spend real life time experience playing such a war like environment with team mates. But this game is not that, they dont talk about ever being more like that and the technology is just barely getting there anyway ( thanks to star citizen ). Even if it did, this game as of now is just shy of a mobile app in its current state. Stats vs stats to come out even eventually for any bob and joe to pick up and play for a bit while taking a crap. 

Edited by fierronights, Aug 14 2019 - 05:46.

tod914 #9 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 64377 battles

Tough crowd.

Spoiler

fierronights #10 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 05:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8709 battles

i know you guys like to be [edited]on here but look. Its a fun tank, its as close as you can get to adjusting personal difficulty match to match so its very cool in that way. No other lines offer that kinda of instant challenge that i know of. The Tiger maybe, but this line ( i only know the setter so far ) this is the hard setting line. If you like something new and challenging for your own experience, this is it. Its very fun and welcoming. When you manage the unintended personal missions like i mentioned with it, it pays off in sheer enjoyment because it was a challenge. 

This tank isnt crap, its a challenging tank to play. Its nice to have a challenge thats new. Its new in the way its not going to a corner driving, shooting then going back and forth trading shots or going up the same hill again you did last time you where on the map or going back to the same bush you where at 30 min ago thinking maybe this time youll get a shot and you have a super team. This isnt that same old boring over and over and over crap. This is actually a real tank that gets you thinking while others are dancing the same dance to yesterdays tune. 

With the current state of match making compiling competing teams so balanced and equal, its very clever for WG to come up with a way for players to actually now be able to choose the level of difficulty of game play based on tank selection. I think this was unintentional, but im not a wg staff member. Either way, some of the greatest things have come out from mistakes taking place. 

Out of all the tanks i have played, this one is the one i play carefully with and pay more attention to the flow of the game with. All other tanks are the same thing because your always paired with an equally competitive team with mm. Except those random ones you get sometimes where everyone decides to kick [edited]from the start and no one camps or the ones your team gets slaughtered from the start. The maps are so super small, and you can play as many matches as you want so its very easy for it all to feel the same very quickly without a tank like this. 

I started grinding this tank and now its line because of the upcoming event for front line. Iv never played it and im looking forward to big maps. I look forward to playing such a big map that no matter how many times i play im always finding a new something. Thats whats exciting to me about it, so im not looking for a tank to brawl with and rush through the map with. Id like to slow pace it, see whats around me, take in the environment, and be more aware of the things that are going on and strategize with it. The fast paced crap is for tiny maps. 

Just imagine, your on a map, teams all over the place. You cant communicate with someone because they are out of radio range. You dont know if they have been killed or not, you need a recon and a radio man inbetween recon and yourself to find out and reach you over comm. Its a risky move just for info but you need to see why whatever isnt done yet or risk a whole new tactic for your team to follow. I know this game isnt that kinda level with the mostly point and click skill needed but a big map is as close as this game is getting to it. 

anyway, hi and bye. See you on the hill. 

Edited by fierronights, Aug 14 2019 - 07:13.

Peak_Bagger #11 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 07:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19623 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Looks like you've found a challenging tank that you enjoy, fierronights. Good on ya, and happy tanking!

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 27281 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Aug 13 2019 - 22:45, said:

Looks like you've found a challenging tank that you enjoy, fierronights. Good on ya, and happy tanking!

:honoring:

Trakks #13 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 10:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3791 battles
If you worked your way up the tech tree to the Setter, then you are not a newcomer and this post should be somewhere else. Also, please turn off your caps lock. 

Roggg2 #14 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 13:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 21875 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postfierronights, on Aug 13 2019 - 23:55, said:

This tank isnt crap, its a challenging tank to play. 

This tank is challenging to play because it's crap.  There are many tanks in this game that are challenging, but if you can rise to the occasion, then they offer some higher capability or rewarding game play.  This tank is flat out uncompetitive in every role that is practical for a light tank.  It's essentially a very bad medium.  You can play it well by accepting the challenge, but no matter how well you play in it, you could have done as well or better in a different tank.  

I dont think it's bad that WG launched the line underpowered.  I probably prefer that to the other way...launching every new line as over-powered and then nerfing later on.  But lets call it what it is.  This tank is bad.  It makes tanking hard because it is bad.  Full stop.

Also tagged with British light tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users