WGC launcher all black with "TEST" word in top left corner

4 replies to this topic

Abdouch #1 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 11:30

Private

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C

wot launcher problem.png

hey guys im having this problem with wgc launcher when i open it is all black and there is no buttons , it started after game center update i managed to work across it by starting wot.exe from game directory but now it requires an update and the wgc launcher still having the same issue . is there any solution or a way to repair it without downloading  wot again because my internet conenction is slow it will take a whole day to download. thank you

Projectile_Misfired #2 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 14:04

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

If that happened to me, first thing I would do would be to restart my computer.

If that didn't fix it, submit a ticket to Customer Support. Granted, they may tell you that you need to uninstall/reinstall. But they may also know why you're getting that and how to fix it.

But, once you do get it resolved, I would suggest you do what I do. I keep an 'extra' copy of the game as backup(just copy the entire WoT folder to a different location outside the "Games" folder). That way, if the instance that I typically play does something like that, I can always just delete that instance and copy the back-up to its location (this is usually quicker than downloading it). 

Two things you should do if you do this. First, after creating your copy, you should link the Game Center to it (mine marks it as "World of Tanks (2)").

And, second, whenever there's an update/patch, make sure you switch over to copy and update it. That way, it's fully updated and ready to play. It does suck for the major updates as they sometimes take a bit longer, but I think it's a fair trade-off. 

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 71522 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP I don't use the WGC, but I'm sure it has an integrity check.  It'll check for and replace missing/corrupt files.

I'd try running that before I reinstalled or anything.

And of course try safe mode if you run mods to confirm it's not a mod conflict.

Good luck.

Abdouch #4 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 17:37

Private

• Players
  • 11164 battles
  • [GZ_C] GZ_C
thank you guys for your suggestions , i found a fix myself i deleted the wgc from the control panel and redownload a new one from wot website and installed it and it worked like a charm

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Aug 14 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

View PostAbdouch, on Aug 14 2019 - 16:37, said:

thank you guys for your suggestions , i found a fix myself i deleted the wgc from the control panel and redownload a new one from wot website and installed it and it worked like a charm

+1 for reporting your fix. Hopefully, others may remember this when it happens to them.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users