• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #21 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30460 battles

View PostTinned_Fish, on Aug 15 2019 - 15:24, said:

Changing the Effects sliders does nothing

Did you try turning it off and then back on?

DrWho_ #22 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 23786 battles

View PostLOL_i_CLICKED_u, on Aug 15 2019 - 19:04, said:

Did you try turning it off and then back on?

g327 #23 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles
I have submitted a ticket to Customer Support. I will update this post with their answer.

RC_1140 #24 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 63963 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I have max settings and went into a training room to test this. Neither of us could see tracers when firing. So rip counter battery?

FunPolice_ #25 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 30662 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
Hope they fix soon.  Was enjoying being arty for friends working on 279e missions and counterbatting like crazy so they could play the game.

g327 #26 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 20:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

The following is the response I received from NA Customer Support:

Hi g327,

We're sorry to hear that you were unable to see your shell tracer when you used artillery tanks in your previous battles. Rest assured we will help you on this.

We haven't receive any information about changes on shell tracers or updates to it. It has not been removed and it should work in the game. There's a possibility that you will not be able to see it if your Graphic settings is low and we suggest that you change it to higher settings. 

We hope this clear things out. If you have other questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact us again.

Seize the day, Commander! 

++++++

I then responded to them saying that other players are posting on the NA Forum about the same issue, which proves to me that the cause of the problem lies somewhere other in my settings, which are set at ultra. 

I asked them to kick this matter to the appropriate staff to address/remedy. 

I will update this thread with their response when I receive it.

Edited by g327, Aug 15 2019 - 20:57.

FunPolice_ #27 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 30662 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postg327, on Aug 15 2019 - 14:57, said:

The following is the response I received from NA Customer Support:

Hi g327,

We're sorry to hear that you were unable to see your shell tracer when you used artillery tanks in your previous battles. Rest assured we will help you on this.

We haven't receive any information about changes on shell tracers or updates to it. It has not been removed and it should work in the game. There's a possibility that you will not be able to see it if your Graphic settings is low and we suggest that you change it to higher settings. 

We hope this clear things out. If you have other questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact us again.

Seize the day, Commander! 

++++++

I then responded to them saying that other players are posting on the NA Forum about the same issue, which proves to me that the cause of the problem lies somewhere other in my settings, which are set at ultra. 

I asked them to kick this matter to the appropriate staff to address/remedy. 

I will update this thread with their response when I receive it.

Customer support never knows whats going on for technical issues with the game.  This has enough visibility I'm sure devs are working on it but we're at their mercy to hotfix.  It is super easy to replicate/observe the issue though so hopefully sooner than later.

HottieHotPants #28 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 22:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9821 battles
Are tracers visible in replays?

g327 #29 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 22:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

View PostFunPolice_, on Aug 15 2019 - 15:51, said:

Customer support never knows whats going on for technical issues with the game.  This has enough visibility I'm sure devs are working on it but we're at their mercy to hotfixIt is super easy to replicate/observe the issue though so hopefully sooner than later.

One would think so!

I received another response to my response. Boiled down: CS wants me to download a WGCheck tool, run a diagnostic, and then report back to them.

My laptop does not have enough space to handle a download. BUT even if it did, what exactly would my specific report resolve? The issue is a global one, not an individual one.  

I suggested to CS that if they want info from that type of diagnostic, one of them can play arty on one of their office pc/laptop, see for themselves what it is that we all are talking about, and then run their own diagnostic. (reiterates what you said about the ease of replication)

I am completely illiterate about online game/program development and troubleshooting. I have absolutely no clue about anything related to that field; however, many of you guys out there do, and certainly WG employs experts who can identify and ultimately rectify the problem. Is it that difficult for them (whoever "them" is) to do that? 

g327 #30 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 22:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

View PostHottieHotPants, on Aug 15 2019 - 16:05, said:

Are tracers visible in replays?

Good question. I just checked. Nope. 

Edited by g327, Aug 15 2019 - 22:36.

Enzo_Amore #31 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 22:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2937 battles
  • [MUPS] MUPS

View Postg327, on Aug 15 2019 - 22:33, said:

Good question. I just checked. Nope. 

Yup this more and more leads me to think they are trying to get rid of Redball mods.

Typical WarGaming, not able to do proper anti cheat tech just change a part of the game that legit counter arty players use.  Low skilling the game one stealth nerf at a time.

13Jake55 #32 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20744 battles
No shoot and skoot now. Lol

slantytank #33 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32950 battles

View PostFunPolice_, on Aug 15 2019 - 12:51, said:

Customer support never knows whats going on for technical issues with the game.  This has enough visibility I'm sure devs are working on it but we're at their mercy to hotfix.  It is super easy to replicate/observe the issue though so hopefully sooner than later.

They are so hopelessly useless about real issues the game has but I bet any word they don't like here they will pounce on in two seconds and send me a nasty email to "warn" me.

Jasper_Seven #34 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23381 battles
just played a warm up game with arty... not only are the tracers missing, but in my 155 55 I had 4 pens and 10 splash damage for a total of 1000hp and lost like 9000 silver on the deal (in a defeat). 750 average damage my [edited].

Runcible #35 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31464 battles
Played last night...oddly,no tracer,but if i catch it at the right time,i can see the shell in flight...some rendering bug.

It'll get fixed soon enough.

g327 #36 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

Guys

i received another response, the third one. The rep stated that she plays arty, that she saw that tracers were missing; she adjusted her game settings and the tracers were back.

My settings are on “ultra”. Some posters have stated above that adjusting their settings did not work.

She restated that I should download the WGCheck tool bc it would identify and try to fix bad/corrupted files and that even if it was unsuccessful it would help them address the issue. She also stated that they want all players to do that.

I have no clue about such things so I don’t know if I’m being given good advice or not.

What do you all think?

Is it time for everyone to focus fire CS with tickets about this problem?

i just want to play. 

I play to have fun.

It is not fun to play w/out tracers.

I won’t play if it’s not fun.

If I don’t play, I won’t occasionally spend $

If I don’t spend $, WG doesn’t generate revenue.

I don’t get it.

Asid3001 #37 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38535 battles
I'm also missing tracers on rt, having tried all of the effects levels. 

g327 #38 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 04:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

View Postg327, on Aug 15 2019 - 19:39, said:

Guys

i received another response, the third one. The rep stated that she plays arty, that she saw that tracers were missing; she adjusted her game settings and the tracers were back.

My settings are on “ultra”. Some posters have stated above that adjusting their settings did not work.

She restated that I should download the WGCheck tool bc it would identify and try to fix bad/corrupted files and that even if it was unsuccessful it would help them address the issue. She also stated that they want all players to do that.

I have no clue about such things so I don’t know if I’m being given good advice or not.

What do you all think?

Is it time for everyone to focus fire CS with tickets about this problem?

i just want to play. 

I play to have fun.

It is not fun to play w/out tracers.

I won’t play if it’s not fun.

If I don’t play, I won’t occasionally spend $

If I don’t spend $, WG doesn’t generate revenue.

I don’t get it.

UPDATE:

Most recent response (WG CS third response):
"Regarding your question, the reason why it was available before is that there were additional changes that were made on the settings of the game.

On the question that you have about the people in the forums, there is a possibility that most of them have the same issue since there were changes in the settings in the game." 

I have no idea what any of the above means. I defer to you all for interpretation.

Now what? How do we get the problem rectified?

g327 #39 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 04:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

View Postg327, on Aug 15 2019 - 22:42, said:

UPDATE:

Most recent response (WG CS third response):
"Regarding your question, the reason why it was available before is that there were additional changes that were made on the settings of the game.

On the question that you have about the people in the forums, there is a possibility that most of them have the same issue since there were changes in the settings in the game." 

I have no idea what any of the above means. I defer to you all for interpretation.

Now what? How do we get the problem rectified?

My fourth communication was this:

Nothing is working. And none of the folks posting on the NA Forum are able to identify a remedy.

If the folks who are experiencing issues related to the changes made in the game settings that you mentioned, then it seems logical that the WG game programmers need to find the issue and fix it.

You stated that the issue affected you; it has to have affected them as well. They are the professional experts; they should be able to replicate the issue, identify it, and rectify it.

And note this: NOT ONE SINGLE person has posted that they still have tracers for an SPG shell after the update. 

DiGyMoN #40 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 11:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 12005 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T

Before making those decisions, I would prefer to give the option to activate it or not in the graphics panel.

not only the tracer of the artys but also of your allies and enemies.
The charm of the natural game is gone :(

Before

tracer

and after update

after

Edited by DiGyMoN, Aug 16 2019 - 13:32.

Also tagged with arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users