LHMTV Review

lhmtv review Lhmtv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fierronights #1 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 17:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8742 battles

Lhmtv so far. Again like the Setter, it’s like changing the game difficulty setting using a tank on an online game, a design and idea I enjoy because it does exactly that, an option we typically didn’t have aside from mm. I posted this because before I did the grind I liked the tank and just saw bad reviews and people comparing numbers and blah blah numbers. I’d suspect all of them to select easy mode for any games they play if given a choice. 

So here’s the game. Stronger faster opponents that can spot you early in the match while having a reload, aim, gun elevation and speed penalties in comparison. No bonus effect I know of for playing this tank. The sixth sense sound is usually the last thing you hear before being killed, it’s unfortunate the perk gives no indication of when your no longer spotted or a proximity meter while tanks creep up before your seen which would be nice as you’ll get spotted often at the minimum distance and one shotted before taking that revealing shot first. 

Like the setter, the difficulty is increased on the field but with more speed you can reach further bushes you couldn’t with the setter during movement. 

The game play for this is moving to one spot and the next using terrain and cover. Once your spotted you’ll need to hide immediately. The armor is practically made of fiber glass, you cannot do much damage but you can reach out and poke another tank if you get bored or damage a very weakened one. The aiming, reload, and time taken to get the Camo net on are all moments of time where you have to be on alert for shells headed your direction. This thing needs to be played like a fox. You’ll need to know in advance where your going to move if your spotted and watch the map closely. There is Zero bonus I know of for playing this tank. Other than reduced team moral if you like to troll teams who are very serious players and you show up with this tank. Jk 

I put 3 female crew members I had to help with perks and stats and also because with this tanks crew you’ll be spending allot of time in the bush. This thing reminds me of playing Doom. This tank ups the difficulty so it actually feels like a challenge. When the heat is on it’s ON. Any mistakes is can quickly lead to instant death. You have to stay on the move to spot around obstacles, unlike the setter, opponents can now spot you better and will often fire blindly into hiding locations once spotted. Unlike doom there are no power ups on the map so taking a hit to stay hidden is a risk if your just starting the match. Higher tier tanks move around more with more armor and spotting can be more challenging if you rely on your team to destroy them quickly before being spotted. 

Moving to a far position on the map is a bad move, typically faster tanks will already be at particular locations spotting while enemy tanks are still in groups and able to shoot you all at once. 

Moving from bush to bush far from tree lines will usually have you spotted by invisible tank destroyers. While crippled even with binocs you won’t be able to spot them and won’t be able to relay any reliable information to the team other than general direction on a map when dead. 

Sharing a bush is an issue as usually your allies are spotted while firing and general fire in their direction can hit you sometimes if sharing adjacent cover locations even if undetected. An SPG round is also a threat when being in close proximity to team mates who are spotted. This is mostly a solo in the field tank. 

If your near more than one enemy tank while spotted, you’ll have less frustration just walking away from the computer and waiting for the next match instead of fighting. The slow get away speed, reload and damage of the gun will have you doing just as much effect in such a situation but with less frustration if you just walk away to get another beer. If your commander is killed, it’s best to just suicide and wait for the next match instead of wasting a med kit as the HP of the tank is usually below 50% and already crippled requiring a repair kit as well. This tank will eat through consumables and premium ammo with near no long term benefits an would be a poor investment match to match.  

The gun elevation is also limited and further cripples the already small gun, you’ll be spending allot of time in the bush at funny angles due to terrain. So you’ll have to adjust to shoot your load often. If you see a heavily weakened tank, most often you’ll have to choose to take the shot or do nothing as moving into position to allow the required gun elevation will sometimes reveal your position along with the slow aim time penalties it’s best in most cases to do nothing. 

The gun is almost useless in the sense that it has limitations with gun elevation in many of the bushes while using terrain. Many many times it will prevent you from being able to take a shot without first revealing your position and resetting the aim time. This tank relies heavily on hiding in bushes which happen to be on uneven terrain. 

Increases the difficulty for solo play. 

I don’t use consumables, most of the time if anything on the tank is damaged, the hp is already below 50%. This is mostly a tank to play it seems for personal challenge without being able to reliably contribute to a team where damage output and tank durability as a spotter in its role is expected. 

It’s best to think of this as a tank that doesn’t have any armament or countermeasures, not that countermeasures are even a thing this game could provide in random matches such as smoke screens and mines or flairs for night maps.  

If the maps where more creative than a 1995 style game then sand storms, heavy fog, blizzards and dark rainy nights with thunder storms would allow this tank to have some moving cover and advantages considering this tank relies heavily on its environment. As it stands, all maps are mostly in daylight moving bush to bush in the open with this tank. 

Perhaps when WG obtains some new game designers, visionaries and modern computer game design ideas. We could look forward to what this tank has to offer in the future. And I will continue to support the game if they have those ambitions for their future as a company. 

I hope to give better insight as to how this tank plays out. I’m not interested in going over numbers and more numbers and comparisons more so then sharing my experience with the tank and how iv managed to not die quickly in it while getting just enough xp to eventually upgrade modules over the course of a month or two if I only played for an hour or so each day. 

Over all it’s a cool looking tank. If you like a personal challenge and your teams fine with not having fire support and just a spotter then this tank works out great and can be very fun. 

jamesdoz #2 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 39615 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
TL DR, But I got as far as six sense, Your answer is, 10 seconds after the light bulb goes off, That is how long you wait to be absolutely sure your not spotted anymore, and after you go dark, Do not poke out of the same place you did the last time. Keep them guessing 

PuddleSplasher #3 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 39665 battles
@ Fierr: Why are you typing in such a large font? Are you blind?

Edited by PuddleSplasher, Aug 15 2019 - 19:26.

RC_1140 #4 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 64715 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postjamesdoz, on Aug 15 2019 - 09:46, said:

TL DR, But I got as far as six sense, Your answer is, 10 seconds after the light bulb goes off, That is how long you wait to be absolutely sure your not spotted anymore, and after you go dark, Do not poke out of the same place you did the last time. Keep them guessing 

If you really want to be safe wait 12-14 seconds. Designated target skill makes you stay lit an extra 2 seconds and the directive does the same. Pretty much all my lights (and quite a few other tanks) have DE and some of my lights use the directive since they gave out so many. 

jamesdoz #5 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 39615 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 15 2019 - 13:34, said:

If you really want to be safe wait 12-14 seconds. Designated target skill makes you stay lit an extra 2 seconds and the directive does the same. Pretty much all my lights (and quite a few other tanks) have DE and some of my lights use the directive since they gave out so many. 

That is a perk I have never used, but I will try the directive since I have at least 25  that I got for free,

Good Idea Thanks    :bush:

Also tagged with lhmtv review, Lhmtv

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users