Skill's opinion on Arta lol (Must watch)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

JesusDrivesMyTank #1 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 22:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37081 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

Last half of video is epic disembowelment of arty and arty players

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #2 Posted Aug 15 2019 - 23:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30460 battles

I have much better videos of me disembowling non arty players while eating guacamole toast. 

I even got a couple of shiny medals for expertly dispensing of some noobs that thought they could actually push a flank on my watch.

Click click! :medal:

thandiflight #3 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 86237 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
What does Skill or others think would happen in this game without arty? World of heavy tanks sitting in hull-down positions and being impenetrable. E3, Object 268 v4? Would this be fun? How much fun would mediums be to play on corridor maps trying to trade with heavies or OP armoured TDs? How useful would lights even be in the game? I would agree however that since the changes to arty 3 arty per side is as toxic as 5 per side was. Limit to 2 or maybe even one and then maybe it will be better. There will still be those who rage against arty - but will find something else to rage against if arty was removed. Would wheelies be next? Let's take all the fun out. Oh, and give Arty its AP or HEAT shells back - then although the could pen you for serious damaged, you could equally bounce the shell and they will then have their long reload before they try again.

An_old_slow_guy #4 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 62367 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Skill is a low skill player who doesn't play arty much, so his opinion is pretty worthless. That the OP quotes him as authority on the arty topic pretty much says the same about him.

thandiflight #5 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 86237 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Aug 15 2019 - 23:36, said:

Skill is a low skill player who doesn't play arty much, so his opinion is pretty worthless. That the OP quotes him as authority on the arty topic pretty much says the same about him.

Kappa. On the EU where everybody knows him he gets focussed by arty (QB does too but he deserves it lol). He also complains about RNG. Could you imagine what would happen if RNG was reduced to 10% and arty still focussed him? What would he blame then? Swings and roundabouts. I wish I was as good as Skill. Bet you do too.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 71941 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Denial__ #7 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4605 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

Edited by Denial__, Aug 16 2019 - 01:49.

Runcible #8 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31464 battles
I knew that youtuber celebrity streamers didn't wear pants...i knew it!

Crypticshock #9 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 01:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19321 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

Block Quote

What does Skill or others think would happen in this game without arty? World of heavy tanks sitting in hull-down positions and being impenetrable. E3, Object 268 v4?

Uhm. Ah. Ugh. I understand the T110E3 but I am not getting the Obj 268 v4. There are far better examples for hulldown tanks than the Obj 268v4 that would get cupola sniped.

People would just shift to bringing less Standard and more HE.

On the rare game when you have 0 arty - are there issues with a tank staying in a hulldown position for the entire game? This is where I have an issue with Wargamings game design and philosophy. Each map is designed with all classes in mind; so they have to design areas where it is harder to get artillery shots, good ridgeline for -8 and better tanks etc. Every facet about a map is designed to have all of the classes on the map, right?

Then why would WG want to keep a limitation where there are games where there is no arty? If a map could be broken/abused by a tank without arty - then the obvious solution is to make sure arty is always on the map.

Thus reducing arty to 2 or 1 will make it so arty is in almost every game, if not every game. Then the map is having all classes represented ;)

...or we can keep having 0 arty games going against the design of the map...

TastyPastry #10 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 02:08

Captain

• Players
  • 29292 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postthandiflight, on Aug 15 2019 - 19:10, said:

What does Skill or others think would happen in this game without arty? World of heavy tanks sitting in hull-down positions and being impenetrable. E3, Object 268 v4? Would this be fun? How much fun would mediums be to play on corridor maps trying to trade with heavies or OP armoured TDs? How useful would lights even be in the game? I would agree however that since the changes to arty 3 arty per side is as toxic as 5 per side was. Limit to 2 or maybe even one and then maybe it will be better. There will still be those who rage against arty - but will find something else to rage against if arty was removed. Would wheelies be next? Let's take all the fun out. Oh, and give Arty its AP or HEAT shells back - then although the could pen you for serious damaged, you could equally bounce the shell and they will then have their long reload before they try again.

When's the last time you saw an arty dig out a TD or a heavy tank? Arty players are too busy shooting light tanks to be bothered to dig tanks out.

How do those tanks get dug out? They get rushed, flanked, and destroyed. 

alphadogg64 #11 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles
i dont like skill but i like arty less

Avalon304 #12 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Postthandiflight, on Aug 15 2019 - 16:10, said:

I mean... the game would be way better without arty. Because arty already doesnt focus the hull down tanks anyway.... theyre too busy trying to shoot the EBRs yoloing around the battlefield or smacking mediums for 600 damage. Mediums wouldnt be forced into the corridors (which exist on all maps) that you hate because right now the corridors are the only places with viable arty cover for the most part.

With no arty players will actually be able to move around the map and not get punished for having the audacity to get spotted. You'll actually be able to rush and flank and dig out hull down tanks yourself rather than praying your clickers didnt huff paint for breakfast. With no arty the game is actually allowed to be fluid and evolve without the constant threat of the orbital death cannon bearing down on you the moment you expose your tank.

Honestly, as much as I hate wheeled vehicles, and think they too should be removed, if arty went away completely, I would learn to live with the clown cars. Because at the very least if they want to hurt me they have to risk themselves to do it. Arty is the single most broken, as a concept, class in this game. It plays by none of the rules any other class plays by and doesnt ever have to risk itself to get free damage. Low risk high reward mechanics are not good game design.

Youre smarter than this thandi...

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #13 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 06:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

dont need to watch that. i seen him plenty live. he isnt a cuck like orzanel and qb

he is a homie!

Runcible #14 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 12:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31464 battles
He had an okay game in the conq'...but its nothing like the old days.

No one seems to recall what the high tier arties were really capable of doing before the nerfs...in "old" arty,he would have had double that damage by splash alone.

Arty is definitly not what it was.

thorus08 #15 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 13:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29012 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Aug 15 2019 - 18:36, said:

Skill is a low skill player who doesn't play arty much, so his opinion is pretty worthless.

Low skill player?  Regardless of your opinion of the guy's personality, that's just not correct.  Also, I'm not sure why you would say his opinion(something subjective) is worthless because he doesn't play arty much.  Should the rest of us judge you and invalidate your opinion on something like light tanks because you don't play a large percentage of your games in them?  Seems fair and reasonable.  Even if you don't play them often, you do share the same game space as them.

View PostAn_old_slow_guy, on Aug 15 2019 - 18:36, said:

That the OP quotes him as authority on the arty topic pretty much says the same about him.

Actually, your statement says more about you.  The OP didn't quote him.  He linked a video and made a statement about it.  He didn't quote or state him as the authority.  Creating your own narrative in your head does not often equate to reality.

ArmorStorm #16 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 37524 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostTastyPastry, on Aug 15 2019 - 19:08, said:

When's the last time you saw an arty dig out a TD or a heavy tank? Arty players are too busy shooting light tanks to be bothered to dig tanks out.

How do those tanks get dug out? They get rushed, flanked, and destroyed. 

Last night actually.  Mind you I was surprised too. 

Says #17 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13910 battles

View Postthandiflight, on Aug 16 2019 - 00:10, said:

I'm 100% done with complaining about Arty.  I hate the mechanic but understand its going nowhere so I deal with it.  But I will point out that this is not true.  It is VERY RARE that an arty helps with a dude hull down for a variety of reasons.  Usually, we flank or overwhelm the folks that are hull down.  Sitting out in front of them trading shots or waiting on arty to take a few shots at them just isn't the way to go.

GeneralNog #18 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17149 battles
Want to. Not committing. Not watching. Watching over arty instead.

Arclyte #19 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17768 battles

I'm tired of this conversation. Arty is obviously a terrible game mechanic and videos like that prove it.

Show that to anyone that doesn't play WoT and they will laugh at it. The guy is literally reclining back while dragging his mouse across his knee / playing some iPhone game and doing 3k damage.

If you believe that arty in WoT is fine as it is, then frankly your opinion is just worthless. Much like a child that wants to eat nothing but candy, you should be ignored for your own good.

Also, to the point of hull down tanks dominating without arty: that can easily be fixed by redesigning the maps, such as not placing powerful hull down positions near major points of contact, making maps larger/reducing corridor meta so they can be flanked etc.

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #20 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30460 battles

View PostArclyte, on Aug 16 2019 - 15:34, said:

I'm tired of this conversation. Arty is obviously a terrible game mechanic and videos like that prove it.

Show that to anyone that doesn't play WoT and they will laugh at it. The guy is literally reclining back while dragging his mouse across his knee / playing some iPhone game and doing 3k damage.

If you believe that arty in WoT is fine as it is, then frankly your opinion is just worthless. Much like a child that wants to eat nothing but candy, you should be ignored for your own good.

Also, to the point of hull down tanks dominating without arty: that can easily be fixed by redesigning the maps, such as not placing powerful hull down positions near major points of contact, making maps larger/reducing corridor meta so they can be flanked etc.

I disagree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users