Have you ever taken a long term break from the game?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

SawUcomin #41 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 16 2019 - 14:56, said:

I'm a Shill working for Wot!

Once again you spew a diatribe of garbage no one wants to hear!

You are nothing more than a Wot shill who receives compensation for spreading your "glass is always full" and Wot can never do wrong with anything they have touched!

You do nothing but seal club at tier 5 and under and have no comprehension of the problems those that play at tier 8 and above (the majority of the games played) experience.

You are one of the reasons that players quit and or have reduced the amount of their daily and weekly play time

You cause new and inexperienced players to give up because you seal club them to keep your stats buoyed up

You also fail to acknowledge, in the forums, the problems that so many have issues with and that does nothing to sway WG and/or help them to realize that they have a problem.

In fact, you make it worse by painting a false picture of the state of many issues, probably for your own gain or because you are probably a plant by WG enlisted solely  for the purpose of making others that are unaware and newer to the game think its all roses, chocolate ice cream, cake and candy!

Your value to these forums and this game is akin to the gum under a school desks after summers break.

Edited by SawUcomin, Aug 16 2019 - 23:05.

StoneTitan #42 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 22:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles
Took a break for a year or two once and am in middle of a 3-6 month hiatus right now.  I'll be back for the Holiday stuff.

Astralite #43 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:05

Captain

• Players
  • 26040 battles
I take breaks every time the mind numbingly stupid playerbase gets to be too much for me. Usually I'll stop playing for 6-8 months at a time just to regenerate my sanity. 

Trakks #44 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3815 battles
I've taken a few breaks of a year or more. That's why I don't have nearly the number of games played that you would expect from someone who has been playing since 2011.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #45 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8787 battles

I took a 2 month break while i was putting together a better PC, only thing i'm disappointing about missing was the missions for a free TOG II.

Yeah, that's it, i wouldn't even be playing right now if it wasn't for the events and missions going on (Festival and Tank Rewards) probably going to stay off for a few days after completing those or at least until the next episode of Frontline starts.

There's literally no reason to reason to play the game any other time imo, WoT is close to the bottom of enjoyable games to pass the time lol, even grinding with Premium is sometimes not enough to get me to play cause you still need a win to use X3 XP bonus.

ShadowDancer27 #46 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 31142 battles
Two years.  Birth of my daughter.  Wife is a little put out I started again.

Shortcult #47 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:55

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

On break now.  Misclicked on the favorites list and WoT forums popped up.  So why not a stroll down memory lane?  

Oh look, arty post at the top.

Wait, I don't see a...oh there's an MM post.

Balance, check.

No reason to return yet.  

hairychicken #48 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 01:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16590 battles
Been on about a 4 year break. Been playing for a few weeks on and off , mostly off, ready for another 4  year break.

virus_SHAME #49 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 8140 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
I just came back from like a 2 year break.  I'm really bad at the game, way worse than I was before.  Randoms seem less fun these days, but I'll stay for Frontlines.

VooDooKobra #50 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 10083 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostSawUcomin, on Aug 16 2019 - 13:06, said:

Once again you spew a diatribe of garbage no one wants to hear!

You are nothing more than a Wot shill who receives compensation for spreading your "glass is always full" and Wot can never do wrong with anything they have touched!

You do nothing but seal club at tier 5 and under and have no comprehension of the problems those that play at tier 8 and above (the majority of the games played) experience.

You are one of the reasons that players quit and or have reduced the amount of their daily and weekly play time

You cause new and inexperienced players to give up because you seal club them to keep your stats buoyed up

You also fail to acknowledge, in the forums, the problems that so many have issues with and that does nothing to sway WG and/or help them to realize that they have a problem.

In fact, you make it worse by painting a false picture of the state of many issues, probably for your own gain or because you are probably a plant by WG enlisted solely  for the purpose of making others that are unaware and newer to the game think its all roses, chocolate ice cream, cake and candy!

Your value to these forums and this game is akin to the gum under a school desks after summers break.

although oddly enough i somehow believe him when he says he never takes breaks from wot

Saffron_Blaze #51 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 07:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25782 battles

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Aug 16 2019 - 13:06, said:

OP, you may wish to reconsider; for the past month or so, my W/R has gone from bad to complete shinola and I too spoke of uninstaling the game. Again.

But i have been assured, by the many helpful souls populating these wonderful forums, that the game is fine and working as intended, and that I am the problem, not the game. Then they all start rambling into a sort of diatribe about large numbers and stuff. By "all" I really mean "ALL". It's amazing how in unison they all think; it's almost like they're all robots.

(Wait!! Could it be that the forums are full of bots typing to me just like in the game? Horrors!)

To be honest, I expected to get many comments like that. That the drop in win rate performance was all me and not the game. I am certain it is the game and the change they made was recent. The fact there hasn't been any such comments leads me to believe others are also feeling the impact of whatever change was made. Having an off day is not unusual, but a week of unrelenting losses in matches whose outcome was rather apparent 30 seconds in has not been part of my WG gaming experience, and certainly not one I will accept.

UnturnedLeaf #52 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 11:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31092 battles

View PostSaffron_Blaze, on Aug 19 2019 - 00:33, said:

To be honest, I expected to get many comments like that. That the drop in win rate performance was all me and not the game. I am certain it is the game and the change they made was recent. The fact there hasn't been any such comments leads me to believe others are also feeling the impact of whatever change was made. Having an off day is not unusual, but a week of unrelenting losses in matches whose outcome was rather apparent 30 seconds in has not been part of my WG gaming experience, and certainly not one I will accept.

whoosh!!!......

Where_TF_Are_My_Pants #53 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 03:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 963 battles

I took a few huge breaks and am thinking about coming back. I played since just outa beta when 5 tier spread was a thing and got so aggravated i eventually rage quitted. Then i cannibalized that account when WoWP still lived cuz i loved that one. Was simple and arcadey but stupidly fun and as close to a pure skill game as i could get. Then WG killed so i rerolled WoT but life and rural lack of internet happened and i quit for a few more years.

Ill prolly be a potato for a while i get back into the groove. Well that and my occasional bout of 2000 ping but heh at least i can kill stuff occasionally

Played a buncha other tank games too but for some reason WoT just calls me back now and then. Maybe its cuz i like squishies *shrugs* lol

Edited by Where_TF_Are_My_Pants, Aug 20 2019 - 03:32.

CardboardJedi #54 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 04:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13505 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR
ive taken several multi month breaks since 2012. currently im just not motivated to play much outside of FL week. one job seems enuf these days

RacWisco #55 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 13:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 76107 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS
I am going to finish this Season of FL then break until Christmas. 

FluffyFox #56 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 15:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5547 battles
  • [-TOF-] -TOF-
Yup. Multiple year or more breaks. That's why I have so little games played, I think I took a 2-2 1/2 year break shortly after starting because I got to the VK3001P at the time and it was so bad it made me rage and stop playing. When I came back a ton of things changed and I just started playing premiums to rack up free exp to get my Maus. Then took another year or two break and started playing on and off, I can really only go a few games a day before the BS gets to me and I just alt-F4. Now I pretty much only play when my friend on discord asks me to and we usually only go around 5-10 games before we both get pissed off from various shenanigans like RNG and arty then log off.

gen_penguin #57 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13179 battles
I have taken time off every year since I started playing, either too busy with work and life or being frustrated by the amount of losses. Breaks was anywhere between 2 months and 4 months at a time. Sometimes I might play one game a week or two weeks during that time.

Saffron_Blaze #58 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25782 battles

View PostUnturnedLeaf, on Aug 19 2019 - 11:53, said:

whoosh!!!......

Perhaps, but that little graphic in my signature shows my issue quite clearly.

ProfessionalFinn #59 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 26628 battles
I took 3 straight weeks off from WoT this July.  Feels so good to have a life for 21 days.

Saffron_Blaze #60 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 03:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25782 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:25, said:

I took 3 straight weeks off from WoT this July.  Feels so good to have a life for 21 days.

It is one thing to take time off to get back to the land of the living, quite another to take time off because the game has destroyed any love you had for it with non-random bogus MM or the like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users