WG can you stop adding auto loaders, autoreloaders every patch ffs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

aRandomSloth #1 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 04:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5266 battles
No I'm not calling the skoda op, no I'm not calling the emil or pantera op  but the amount of autoloaders/reloaders being added into this game is becoming stupid. Not every tank needs one and really it's just lazy development on your own end, the game is quickly becoming slap a auto loader on it and sell it.

I_QQ_4_U #2 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 05:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 22510 battles

They don't. How many have the added in the last year? Two? The IS-3A and T27.

Oh yeah, the Emil 51 too. They've added a lot more single shot tanks.

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, Aug 16 2019 - 05:11.

MajorRenegade #3 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 05:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

just wait till they add St-II or Kv-6 into the game

btw, this is a leaked image of St-II from last month

Spoiler

Edited by MajorRenegade, Aug 16 2019 - 05:19.

tanopasman62 #4 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 05:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 20946 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostMajorRenegade, on Aug 16 2019 - 05:12, said:

Spoiler

These pics saved me a visit to ****hub, thanks.

MagillaGuerilla #5 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 11:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 25857 battles
The FPS kids have taken over in Minsk. It can only get worse.

crasta #6 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 12:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7539 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Aug 16 2019 - 05:12, said:

Spoiler

That thing looks awesome.

I makes me think about cold mornings and duck hunting with a double barrel 10 gauge. :)

ThePigSheFlies #7 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 12:47

Major

• Players
  • 74371 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I can't wait for the wheeled 279(W-A-H).  Double rows of wheels so it doesn't slow down when it gets hit, and it gets an auto reloading 183 from the old Object 261 with AP, and if you enter siege mode it can also fire indirectly like arty!

Only available via special clan wars campaigns to those that drive an Object 260 in a battle...  Coming Soon™ to tier 8...

TankFullOfBourbon #8 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 30265 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostaRandomSloth, on Aug 16 2019 - 04:59, said:

No I'm not calling the skoda op, no I'm not calling the emil or pantera op  but the amount of autoloaders/reloaders being added into this game is becoming stupid. Not every tank needs one and really it's just lazy development on your own end, the game is quickly becoming slap a auto loader on it and sell it.

The Manticore doesn't have an autoloader. None of the british craptanks do.

AndrewSledge #9 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 13:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 36138 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
What we need next is an autoloading howitzer to finish off 3 arty in one clip...

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

In general, I enjoy playing the autoloader/re-loader tanks. In particular, the Spaghetti-o and 40 ton and 13 57.  I don't see an insurmountable issue with these tanks.  They're fun to play, and I have no serious problem playing against them either.

Zeds_Tank #11 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
And yet, still no new arty....
Show the players some love, WG
Tier VIII premium arty now for great fun & profits
auto-loading plz.

DaDoomTurtle #12 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15257 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View PostZeds_Tank, on Aug 16 2019 - 09:34, said:

And yet, still no new arty....
Show the players some love, WG
Tier VIII premium arty now for great fun & profits
auto-loading plz.

That's some dangerous trolling you're doing right there buddy... :ohmy:

OLDIRTYBOMBER #13 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11428 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

Stop adding tanks and fix the game. I know WG love recycling game resources to sell 'new' tanks because it requires little effort but even the whales are starting to catch on.

If WG tanks required the same effort as something like developing a new moba character you would only see a single new tank every few years.

Do something to improve your existing game please :hiding:

Trauglodyte #14 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 16:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 23109 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostaRandomSloth, on Aug 16 2019 - 04:59, said:

I don't necessarily mind auto-loaders/reloaders.  What I mind is the fact that they're broken*, in terms of offensive output, and that the MM doesn't correctly pair up auto-loaders/reloaders on teams.  Nothing sucks more than having one side get all of them, other than one side getting all of them and them being in the hands of good players.

*NOTE:  I'm not saying that auto-loaders/reloaders are broken.  Rather, I'm saying that, given the low health levels in this game, auto-loaders/reloaders scale at a greater level, as the game goes on.  Furthermore, auto-loaders/reloaders, get the same pen and alpha as their single-shot peers.  And, while people counter-argue that they get limited by reload time, it isn't like said tanks get tossed into the penalty box, being incapable of doing anything, while they're reloading.  I just think that the time, between shots, needs to be elongated and/or the aim time and "firing" soft stats need to be increased, to artificially slow down the time between shots.  Then, you just shorten the clip reload time and no balancing effects occur.  In short, it is a bad thing when a tier 10 tank can clip tier 8 and tier 9 peer tanks (hello B-C 25t).

DaDoomTurtle #15 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15257 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View PostTrauglodyte, on Aug 16 2019 - 10:24, said:

I don't necessarily mind auto-loaders/reloaders.  What I mind is the fact that they're broken*, in terms of offensive output, and that the MM doesn't correctly pair up auto-loaders/reloaders on teams.  Nothing sucks more than having one side get all of them, other than one side getting all of them and them being in the hands of good players.

*NOTE:  I'm not saying that auto-loaders/reloaders are broken.  Rather, I'm saying that, given the low health levels in this game, auto-loaders/reloaders scale at a greater level, as the game goes on.  Furthermore, auto-loaders/reloaders, get the same pen and alpha as their single-shot peers.  And, while people counter-argue that they get limited by reload time, it isn't like said tanks get tossed into the penalty box, being incapable of doing anything, while they're reloading.  I just think that the time, between shots, needs to be elongated and/or the aim time and "firing" soft stats need to be increased, to artificially slow down the time between shots.  Then, you just shorten the clip reload time and no balancing effects occur.  In short, it is a bad thing when a tier 10 tank can clip tier 8 and tier 9 peer tanks (hello B-C 25t).

I was going to leave it to be, but you brought Batchat 25t up. Bad example. I'm looking at your profile right now and I see that you haven't even touched a Batchat, and have no experience with autoloaders. The only thing close to an autoloader that you have played is the EBR FL 10, which has a two-shot clip and is a wheeled vehicle, which sets it far from true autoloaders. Therefore, your opinion on such matters is less credible. I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, but your perception of how to play something like the Batchat is probably distorted from lack of actual experience. I'm not going to delve into the debate of whether autoloaders are good for the game or not. I'm only addressing the fact that you used the Batchat as your example.

As a player with over 300 games in the Bat and 2 MoEs, I think it would be fair to say that I'm a decent Batchat player. Every experienced driver of the Bat will tell you that the tank suffers from anemic gun handling. When fully aimed, the shots have a tendency to deviate far from the target. Even the best of Batchat drivers will know that realistically, penetrating a full clip is infrequent. Because of the trollishly awkward handling,  That's why you have to use your mobility to close the range, which also puts you at higher risk of taking damage, especially since you're in such a fragile vehicle. It's 1950 potential damage, but you're not accounting for the fact that realistically, you won't be able to do that much in most scenarios. That's why Batchat has such a high skill cap. It's a fragile tank that forces you to close the distance to increase the chance that you can fully pen your clip, and requires you to take calculated risks.

The base reload time of the Bat's clip is just over 39 seconds, which leaves you quite vulnerable, but you think that point is null because they can run away. I'd like to remind you that the game is filled with corridor maps, which combined with the current meta places the Bat in a bad spot. Now let's take a look at the intra-clip reload, because you said prolonging it would help balance the tank. The Batchat has a 2.73 second intraclip reload, which is the longest of Tier X autoloading meds, requiring you to expose your tank for about 11 seconds in order to dump your full clip. To be more specific, it's 10.92 seconds for 1950 potential, with the worst gun handling of Tier X autoloading meds. For comparison, the TVP T50/51 has a 1.5 second intra-clip reload, allowing it to dump 1280 potential damage in 4.5 seconds. The Batchat literally has the longest clip unload speed and worst soft stats in it's class, all in exchange for burst damage that can be hard to utilize for your average player, and you chose it, of all tanks, to mark as "imbalanced?" It's sacrificed everything for mobility, camo, and burst damage. There's a reason it's remained practically untouched throughout all of these patches and balance changes. It's one of the best balanced tanks in the game. If you don't believe my statistics, look on tanks.gg. Compare and see for yourself. If anything, Bat is getting bullied out of the current meta.

I think it's extremely foolish for the average player to make a remark like that about a mechanic that they have never used and a tank that they have never played. Just because one happened to clip you out from full HP doesn't mean it's imbalanced. A Foch 155 can single clip many tanks of equal or lower tiers, and it's regarded as one of the biggest turds of its tier. Also, if you allowed a Batchat to dump and pen a full clip on you, you're doing something wrong. Penning a full clip in a Bat takes a combination of skill, luck, and patience. You had to have made a serious misplay to find yourself alone against a Bat. The whole point of the burst damage and mobility that the Batchat sacrifices everything for is to isolate and assassinate. Maybe this rant made sense to you, or maybe you think this is plain stupid. Whatever you wish to think is your opinion, but I strongly advise that you drive a Batchat 25t yourself, or at the very least ask skilled, experienced players for their opinions on it. Maybe then you'll see the light. Good luck, and have fun. :bush:

spud_tuber #16 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 58392 battles
He's not saying it is OP, he is saying that the auto loading mechanic is broken, in the same way many say arty or high alpha TDs are broken.   IE, the effects on the flow of battle and the percieved reduction in fun from being hit/clipped by them are both negatives for the game.

DaDoomTurtle #17 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 18:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15257 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postspud_tuber, on Aug 16 2019 - 11:59, said:

He's not saying it is OP, he is saying that the auto loading mechanic is broken, in the same way many say arty or high alpha TDs are broken. IE, the effects on the flow of battle and the percieved reduction in fun from being hit/clipped by them are both negatives for the game.

Even if that was his argument, the point I'm criticizing is that he decided to choose the Batchat 25t of all tanks... it literally has the most drawbacks, with the worst stats of the Tier X autoloading mediums in both of the categories that he thinks can help balance it: intra-clip reload and gun handling. He also has no experience in autoloaders... absolutely none. Trauglodyte has never tried one for himself, let alone, the Batchat, but he picks the Bat, the best balanced and hardest of them to play, as his example... I found that laughable, but decided it was a worthwhile teaching moment. He can believe what he wishes on autoloaders, but I wanted to point out that the Batchat is a bad example if he wants to prove that autoloaders are broken.

Now, with regards to artillery and high alpha TDs, these can sit back and drill you from across the map, taking off large chunks of hitpoints with ONE shot. The Batchat has to expose itself for 11 seconds if it wants to fully unload its clip, and likely has to be at mid to close range to have a solid chance at penetrating them. Two completely different things. As I said earlier, the Batchat is one of the hardest autoloaders for your average player to play because it has bad handling and such an awkward reload & unload. There's a reason it has such a high skill cap. Many of your average players have a hard time dealing with the many drawbacks.

Now if you want to look at something that is "broken," look at Progetto 46 and IS-3A, two autoreloaders. If you used the Progetto 46's gun as a singleshot, the gun would already be fairly good on a Tier VIII. However, it has a 3 shot clip with a 2 second intraclip reload, which allows it to dump 720 damage in 4 seconds at Tier VIII. Mind the 2 second aimtime and 0.32 dispersion. It also allows it to reload at all times, as opposed to autoloaders. The only major drawback is the fact that the deeper you going into your clip, the longer the reload per shell. In terms of the Progetto 46 however, it doesn't make much of a difference. The IS-3A has an autoreloading 122mm with 3 shells and a 3-second intraclip, allowing you to dump 1170 damage in 6 seconds. Not only that, immediately afterwards, you can fight as a standard, single-shot heavy. The gun handling on the IS-3A is bad, but it usually is able to get up close with its opponents in brawls, with the armour making exposure not as big of a problem.

It seems that I may not have made it clear enough, but my grudge with his post is that he chose the Batchat 25t, the autoloader that is considered one of the hardest to play because of its drawbacks, to use as the poster-child for autoloading guns being a broken mechanic. It literally has all of the limiting factors that he recommends WG "introduce," and the most drawbacks in its class. It's also aggravating since he clearly hasn't played the Bat, let alone any autoloader.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #18 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 23:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8199 battles

AMX 13 57 is really the one that's cancer.

View Posttanopasman62, on Aug 16 2019 - 05:27, said:

What the hell :D

el_01 #19 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 00:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I don't find autoloaders to be bad to counter. They're annoying to deal with bottom tier but then again so is every higher tier tank. 

I'm honestly not scared of 13 75s or B-C 12ts because their alpha is low, the damage per clip is low, and they usually bounce or miss 1 or 2 shots per clip. Lorraines and Spaghettos are different and more difficult to counter but you just retreat to allies and peek them when they're running away or reloading.

13 57s aren't bad to deal with either, the clip damage is still kind of low compared to what I'm currently playing (ARL 44) and the armour is frommage so I can just take a clip or a few shots from a 13 57 and then shoot on their reload. 

Also, most autoloaders have pretty massive drawbacks, other than the IS-3A and the Swedish heavies frontally they really don't have too much armour, a lot of lower tiered ones have potato pen or gun handling, and the light tanks don't really have clip-out potential so I don't see a problem in how they're balanced. IS-3A is a different beast.

Edited by el_01, Aug 17 2019 - 00:17.

BadCorps #20 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 07:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on Aug 15 2019 - 22:27, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! You'll put me out of a job!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users