9 replies to this topic

FighterAce #1 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

...but we have not.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/east-west-server-merge/

08.16.17:

Will accounts be transferred or duplicated to another server?
We will share more information soon on our transfer programs, but all transfers will be one-way to the destination with no account duplication. Your entire account will be moved as part of the transfer and this is a one-way ticket. You may only return to North American servers through starting an entirely new account. Our immediate focus is on our players who are closer to a regional server they are currently not using. For example, players in Australia or New Zealand may want to transfer to the APAC server; or players who live in EU countries might want to join the much closer EU server.

08.18.17:

Will accounts be transferred or duplicated to another server?
First we will focus on Australia, New Zealand, and Asia looking at players who are physically close to a different server cluster, who now may have too much latency when connected to NA. This will not happen overnight, as some of you have heard from our Customer Service representatives. We promise to take every request seriously — we want to make it happen. Second, we will look at players in EU, Africa, and other remote parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing no matter the server, so please bear with us.

As of 08.16.2019. there have been 3 transfer windows from NA to APAC and 0 (zero) from NA to EU. As if making people wait for 2 years is not bad enough, WGNA support is sending automated replies as if the server merge and APAC transfers never happened.

Block Quote

Ticket #1240600

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
Account Support
Yo....
5 Months since last update on forums....
when are we gonna get any updates regarding the NA migration?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Mason

Hi Hemorrhoids,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

We got your inquiry about the NA to ASIA server transfer. No worries, rest assured that we will do our best to assist you.

After reviewing our resources. Unfortunately, we would like to inform you that the server transfer has already concluded. We would also like to inform you that we have sent follow up emails regarding the transfer and failure to response or follow the instructions on the said email will result for the account not to be transferred.

What we can suggest for now is for you to keep an eye out on our News & Updates for any announcement.

Please feel free to visit this link for any further inquiries you may have: Frequently Asked Questions

We do apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to see you back on the battleifeld, Commander.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Eric Mason
Wargaming America Support

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements.https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hemorrhoids

NA To EU not to Asia...

Mel Figureoa

Hi Hemorrhoids,

Thank you for getting back on us! We're glad to hear again from you.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer your account to another server. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

You are more than welcome to play on the EU server if the preferences suit your location.

You can download the EU game client here:
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/update/

In regards to the NA server , you are free to play there as well if you choose, but at this point in time we are unable to transfer accounts across servers, and we do not link accounts or any of there content or progression across multiple servers.

We look forward on seeing you in the battlefield.

Keep the tanks rolling!

Best Regards,

Mel Figureoa

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements.https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Hemorrhoids

What are some additional details about the server transfer?

First we're focused on Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and looking at players who are physically close to a different server cluster, who now may have too much latency to NA. This will not happen overnight as it is very technically challenging, as some of you have heard already from our responses from CS. We promise to track every request and take it seriously and want to make it happen. Secondly, we will be looking at folks in EU, Africa, and other far flung parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing with us no matter the server, so please bear with us.

"Secondly, we will be looking at folks in EU, Africa, and other far flung parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA"

http://forum.worldof...rver-merge-faq/

You guys said it, you guys make it happen.

Ray Adams

Hi there Hemorrhoids,

Thank you for getting back to us about this matter.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer your account to another server. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.

You are more than welcome to play on the EU server if the preferences suit your location.

You can download the EU game client here:
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/update/

In regards to the NA server , you are free to play there as well if you choose, but at this point in time we are unable to transfer accounts across servers, and we do not link accounts or any of there content or progression across multiple servers.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Ray Adams

Take your false promises and choke on them Wargaming.

Markd73 #2 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that they can change the terms of services anytime they want.

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/end-user-licence-agreement/

If my hazy recollection is accurate then Caveat Emptor

Ken_McGuire #3 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:05

Captain

• Players
  • 31937 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 16 2019 - 09:53, said:

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that they can change the terms of services anytime they want.

My amateur understanding is that this is true. But as a free to play game, their economic interest is in having lots of the people trusting them as honoring promises enough to pay money for something.

dave_292 #4 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29181 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
 WOT never said it was going to be a free for all server transfer. They contacted the players and made offers to them. I got and offer to transfer but the ping would have been worse.

PAP0 #5 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 17:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18267 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 16 2019 - 06:53, said:

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/end-user-licence-agreement/

If my hazy recollection is accurate then Caveat Emptor

Still a bit trashy of them to make that big of a promise and go back on it though.  Just because they can go back on it, doesn't mean their PR will stay because of it.

Markd73 #6 Posted Aug 16 2019 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View PostPAP0, on Aug 16 2019 - 16:16, said:

Still a bit trashy of them to make that big of a promise and go back on it though.  Just because they can go back on it, doesn't mean their PR will stay because of it.

Then I would vote with your wallet, or your feet I suppose.

Mck #7 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 18:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 24616 battles

I've contacted CS recently about this, in relation to a recent-ish AMA (from over a month ago):

Block Quote

CLOSED

HI Mck,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support.

We understand you have a few questions so allow me to answer them:

1. We are aware of this and we should be adding further categories for ticketing in the future.

2. While this is true, we are yet to announce when a server migration will become available. We have no current news from the development team as to when this will be implemented. We'll post information about this when it's ready.

We hope this answers your questions and should you have any further clarifications, feel free to get back to us again.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

1) There's no "custom" option for support tickets, so I'm writing this in the closest category I can find.

2) The main question: 
In a recent AMA, a WG Employee said that account migration between servers is a feature on demand. Proof: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/c09l4j/ask_your_questions_to_the_wot_developers_until/er86hi4/ 
Is that true? Am I able to migrate my NA account to the EU server right now in some way? If so, how? If not, are you able to tell me when such a feature will become available?

Important part in bold black. There's still some hope left. At least it wasn't the standard copy/paste answer from the FAQ.

Edited by Mck, Aug 18 2019 - 18:32.

ExploratorOne #8 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 22:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16099 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
It was stated last year that there would not be server changes due to technical issues and that they were no longer working on it - that was in Warships.  Sorry, but I don't have the time or energy to search for it, but it stuck in my mind when I read it.  Note that I have no intention of switching servers.

Edited by ExploratorOne, Aug 18 2019 - 22:07.

barjo_1 #9 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 12:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 44913 battles

View Postdave_292, on Aug 16 2019 - 16:15, said:

WOT never said it was going to be a free for all server transfer. They contacted the players and made offers to them. I got and offer to transfer but the ping would have been worse.

Did you get an offer to transfer from NA to EU?

Tokolosk #10 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 10:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12677 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

I am getting so fed up with having around 300 ping and packet losses going up to the NA server - it makes playing extremely hard.

I would be prepared to lose stats, medals and hell, even have to sell my tanks/modules at cost and buy them back on EU.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users