WoT has ruined Medium tank support

Medium snipers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

quigley43 #1 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 07:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 31603 battles
In my opinion, developers have ruined game play with the new medium tanks i.e.: the skoda 27 and the leopard line. Now almost all medium tanks sit back and play td snipers thinking they are supporting heavy tanks. Not only do heavy tanks need their view range, they also need their mobility to flank opponents. This usually does not happen until after the heavy tanks are destroyed and they have no other choice but to now move. I have no ideal what the answer is but playing a heavy with a significant reload time and limited view range is not enjoyable anymore.

Sam_Sanister #2 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 08:26

Captain

• Players
  • 27570 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

Laughs in KV-4 and Mauerbrecher

(though I guess the Mauerbrecher has 400 base VR so it's not blind

Selkmanam #3 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 14:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 15698 battles
  • [WILDH] WILDH
its an update an everyone are trying it, the skoda is paper so is no surprise it will camp behind, but even before the patch the only way to see teamplay is in clan battles, in random everyone is trying to get more xp and credits to upgrade his tank or to farm WN8/Credits

diego999 #4 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 14:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35918 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T
Meta seems to be evolving to camping TDs again. Impossible to flank when you're nailed by 3 arty and a Borsig/SU-130/Skorpion the moment you make a move a get spotted in the open.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #5 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 37049 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postquigley43, on Aug 17 2019 - 13:51, said:

In my opinion, developers have ruined game play with the new medium tanks i.e.: the skoda 27 and the leopard line. Now almost all medium tanks sit back and play td snipers thinking they are supporting heavy tanks. Not only do heavy tanks need their view range, they also need their mobility to flank opponents. This usually does not happen until after the heavy tanks are destroyed and they have no other choice but to now move. I have no ideal what the answer is but playing a heavy with a significant reload time and limited view range is not enjoyable anymore.

Many mediums would LOVE to flank, but look at what WG has done to the maps.....block more and more flanking areas off to protect the heavies.  How can meds flank when the make long building and/or put blocks in the way so the meds CAN'T flank. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users