Jump to content


Idea to re-balance PREMIUM shells


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium shells (23 members have cast votes)

Make premium shells do 15-25% less damage per shot and keep current pen?

  1. Yes (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.74%

  2. No (15 votes [65.22%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 65.22%

  3. Sounds good but maybe (3 votes [13.04%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

The_NEGOTIATOR96 #1 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18372 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013
So when i last played the common test it was kinda moronic how Wargaming decided the best plan of action wast to just buff tank Hit Points and Standard Shell damage, which is just not a smart move but keeping premium shells doing same damage per hit and pen when the opposite needed to take effect so you still had use of premium shells but it didnt do that same damage to that of regular shells so BL9 390/390 average and pen 223/230 or 250 and the standard shells did 420 which was game breaking and should not have been a good idea. So TL;DR reduce damage on premium shells, no need for HP buff on tanks and standard shell damage.

UvBeenTrumped #2 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 64521 battles
  • 1,016
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
The perfect re-balance is for people to stop whining about it. There is nothing wrong with the way things are. Even if they did re-balance premium ammo people would find something else to whine about. 

The_NEGOTIATOR96 #3 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 12:57

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18372 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Aug 17 2019 - 05:39, said:

The perfect re-balance is for people to stop whining about it. There is nothing wrong with the way things are. Even if they did re-balance premium ammo people would find something else to whine about. 

You aren't wrong in correctly saying that if that was to be implemented someone else would find another thing to complain about but realistically it would make it so if you are in a superheavy tank or a heavy tank, you feel like a HEAVY or SUPER HEAVY tank, thus making it so if im sitting at a corner it would force you or someone else to flank and either die by the team or flank n spank.



PTwr #4 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 13:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 45434 battles
  • 10,452
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

You miss crucial information.

1. Nerfing prem ammo will require nerf of premium tanks munition, and nerfing goods purchased with money is legal can of worms and PR nightmare. Thats why WG decided to not go with it. 

2. Buffing HP and damage of standard shells is meant to have same net effect as nerfing prem dmg. Do not look at absolute dmg and hp, but at percentage. WG appears to try to keep relative damage/hp of standard rounds at same level so nothing will really change for them, but sprem spam will get indirectly nerfed by power creep. 

 

Expected net result: sprem nerfed, WG can tell us "we buffed your prem tank hp/dmg! Enjoy!". 

 



The_NEGOTIATOR96 #5 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 13:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18372 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostPTwr, on Aug 17 2019 - 06:13, said:

You miss crucial information.

1. Nerfing prem ammo will require nerf of premium tanks munition, and nerfing goods purchased with money is legal can of worms and PR nightmare. Thats why WG decided to not go with it. 

2. Buffing HP and damage of standard shells is meant to have same net effect as nerfing prem dmg. Do not look at absolute dmg and hp, but at percentage. WG appears to try to keep relative damage/hp of standard rounds at same level so nothing will really change for them, but sprem spam will get indirectly nerfed by power creep. 

 

Expected net result: sprem nerfed, WG can tell us "we buffed your prem tank hp/dmg! Enjoy!". 

 

Now I do see how that will happen but then there is a way to really negate that as in some premium tanks through time had the standard shells buffed to a decent point so they were Random battle competitive but thats why i went as low as 15% for premium shells so that it more encourages flank n spanking on heavy/superheavy tanks or heavily armored mediums. Hell even if the percentage was dropped to probably 12 or 10% and it would be as bad.



Omega_Weapon #6 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 14:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 52931 battles
  • 2,607
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostThe_NEGOTIATOR96, on Aug 17 2019 - 06:57, said:

You aren't wrong in correctly saying that if that was to be implemented someone else would find another thing to complain about but realistically it would make it so if you are in a superheavy tank or a heavy tank, you feel like a HEAVY or SUPER HEAVY tank, thus making it so if im sitting at a corner it would force you or someone else to flank and either die by the team or flank n spank.


Corridor maps that currently protect heavies from being flanked would have to be reworked to be more open before that has a chance of working.



The_NEGOTIATOR96 #7 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 14:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18372 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 17 2019 - 07:01, said:


Corridor maps that currently protect heavies from being flanked would have to be reworked to be more open before that has a chance of working.

Now it would require a lot of reworking but the full on city maps that are there they wouldnt need to be reworked because for the most part it is easy to flank on those maps, the half city half open maps might need reworks and open maps no not really.



Mojo_Riesing #8 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 15:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19943 battles
  • 1,445
  • [ACATS] ACATS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

Premium shells do not need to be "nerfed".  The reasons folks USE them is what needs to be addressed.  Map design and mostly size that favors heavies, 3/5/7 matchmaking, OP/over-armored reward and Premium tanks are huge parts of the issue along with changes in player behavior.  Another part is the nature of the neglected Tier X class.

 

A LOT of this debate is driven by players who favor heavy/super-heavy tanks at mostly the highest tiers who now are faced with credible opposition. They are a MINORITY of players, many if not most of them are driving Tier X vehicles which you could argue is a broken Tier.  I say "broken" because WG has built the game around reaching Tier X as the "ultimate" in the game and in fact has stumbled in finding things for them to do so even as they promote Tier VIII as a major level of the game.  I get it, you work your tail off to reach the "top" and then...now what?  Tier X players, not having much to do, filter down into Randoms where they outclass Tier VIII whose population in large part has paid REAL money to play.  Finding they are out classed Tier VIII have little option BUT to load Premium ammo even though the "cost" is horrendous.

 

The problems are bigger than just nerfing ammo.



Dab_3_For_Balance #9 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 15:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 47716 battles
  • 207
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    10-18-2012
The only thing that needs rebalancing is HE.

UvBeenTrumped #10 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 15:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 64521 battles
  • 1,016
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostThe_NEGOTIATOR96, on Aug 17 2019 - 06:07, said:

Now it would require a lot of reworking but the full on city maps that are there they wouldnt need to be reworked because for the most part it is easy to flank on those maps, the half city half open maps might need reworks and open maps no not really.

So you want to "rework" premium ammo and then have WG "rework" the entire game around that "rework"? Nah, it is fine how it is. 



iiNSaNiiTY #11 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 16:37

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18859 battles
  • 1,491
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
When the new goal of the game is to make tanks with broken armor such as defender or the 279e, do you think that nerfing the premiun ammo will be a good idea?

The Unicum will remain Unicums The only one affected will be the average player who does not know where to move and where to shoot.

Edited by iiNSaNiiTY, Aug 17 2019 - 16:38.


dave_292 #12 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 17:07

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 28508 battles
  • 493
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016

View PostPTwr, on Aug 17 2019 - 04:13, said:

You miss crucial information.

1. Nerfing prem ammo will require nerf of premium tanks munition, and nerfing goods purchased with money is legal can of worms and PR nightmare. Thats why WG decided to not go with it. 

2. Buffing HP and damage of standard shells is meant to have same net effect as nerfing prem dmg. Do not look at absolute dmg and hp, but at percentage. WG appears to try to keep relative damage/hp of standard rounds at same level so nothing will really change for them, but sprem spam will get indirectly nerfed by power creep. 

 

Expected net result: sprem nerfed, WG can tell us "we buffed your prem tank hp/dmg! Enjoy!". 

 


Premium shells are sold separately of the tanks. So to avoid legal issues all they have to do is stop selling Premium shells. Then introduce a new standard shell. As long as they refund the remaining premium shells purchased with gold or let people naturally runout of them it covers WOT. That is why they switched to selling premium shells for silver only.


Edited by dave_292, Aug 17 2019 - 17:08.


SawUcomin #13 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 18:31

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    05-27-2019

Whoever thinks WG will do didly about premium shells is in lala land!

 

Premium shells are designed to pen armor that non-premium cannot 75% of the time.

WG has designed armor and pen values based on the need to use premium shells and this is done SOLEY to encourage 

the need to buy premium tanks and premium accounts so that a player can earn enough credits to fund spamming these shells.

This is WoTs garbage way of forcing players to "get with the program" or die trying ( ie. have a hard time succeeding at the game)

This is how WG makes its money

Free to play but not free to succeed.

 


Edited by SawUcomin, Aug 17 2019 - 20:31.


PTwr #14 Posted Aug 17 2019 - 20:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 45434 battles
  • 10,452
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View Postdave_292, on Aug 17 2019 - 16:07, said:


Premium shells are sold separately of the tanks. So to avoid legal issues all they have to do is stop selling Premium shells. Then introduce a new standard shell. As long as they refund the remaining premium shells purchased with gold or let people naturally runout of them it covers WOT. That is why they switched to selling premium shells for silver only.

Its not about shells. Its about guns, which tend to be attached directly to tank ;)

Nerfing shells is same as nerfing gun. And nerfing gun is same as nerfing tank.



The_NEGOTIATOR96 #15 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 20:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18372 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013
Well even though its a few replies to this post i do see now that Its more the mentality behind using premium rounds as opposed to nerfing them. But if anything this post stays up just so i can see whom else would either agree/disagree/ or just think it sounds good but wont work, And I honestly thought that no one would really manage to change my mind, but I saw some of the replies, and hell replied to some of them, and tried at least giving some form of a reasonable argument making it a potential possibility to be considered. And I do agree the MM needs to be at least put back to the way it was before just for the simple fact that you at least had 5 of each tier it made it work.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users