Remove pushing of friendly tanks or bring back team damage

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Facepalm_Instructions #1 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 14722 battles

Since the removal of team damage there is always 1 [edited]on every team that is there ONLY to push friendly tanks and it's always a low tier tomato player doing it. You guys need to police your game better.

YOU GUYS CARE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?? IM TIRED OF FIGHTING MY OWN TEAMMATES FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

PuddleSplasher #2 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 38899 battles

Posted Image

UvBeenTrumped #3 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:24

Captain

• Players
  • 64514 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Kind of like the baddie that just trolled you? I know what you are saying but if you think of it, those baddies were pushing even with team damage. Then you would get a warning because you shot them twice or maybe even got an hour time out because you totally lost your cool. I too hate how this game has gotten but then I don't worry too much about the trolls of the game.

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 38389 battles

View PostFacepalm_Instructions, on Aug 18 2019 - 12:11, said:

Since the removal of team damage there is always 1 [edited]on every team that is there ONLY to push friendly tanks and it's always a low tier tomato player doing it. You guys need to police your game better.

YOU GUYS CARE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?? IM TIRED OF FIGHTING MY OWN TEAMMATES FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

We, the players, won't/can't do anything about it. But, if you submit the replay to CS, I'm pretty sure the powers that can do something will do something.

And, as far as fighting your teammates, that's on you. Whenever I get one of those trolls, I just take my hand off the keyboard. I let them push me wherever they feel the need. Once they realize that you're not going to play THEIR game with them, they tend to leave you alone.

EWzwrw66 #5 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 48 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Aug 18 2019 - 13:36, said:

We, the players, won't/can't do anything about it. But, if you submit the replay to CS, I'm pretty sure the powers that can do something will do something.

And, as far as fighting your teammates, that's on you. Whenever I get one of those trolls, I just take my hand off the keyboard. I let them push me wherever they feel the need. Once they realize that you're not going to play THEIR game with them, they tend to leave you alone.

No they won't do anything because there is no way they can effectively punish the sheer number of infractions, team dmg was the effective tool to stop griefing and wot has taken that away, theirs already a noticeable decrease in quality of game play.

EWzwrw66 #6 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 13:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
You folks are acting like it will just be the "trolls" of the game, pushing your teammates, camping behind them, blocking enemy so only you can hit it, not spotting etc will be what everyone does now, wot is not going to improve with removal of team dmg

Edited by EWzwrw66, Aug 18 2019 - 13:44.

Kliphie #7 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:05

Major

• Players
  • 32679 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Second point of datum;  I've played 70 games since 1.6 came out.  I've been intentionally pushed out or impeded from retreat 0 times in those 70 games.  

Mancu #8 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:07

Major

• Players
  • 21375 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostKliphie, on Aug 18 2019 - 09:05, said:

Second point of datum;  I've played 70 games since 1.6 came out.  I've been intentionally pushed out or impeded from retreat 0 times in those 70 games.  

0 times for me as well. I don't think I've even seen it happen to a team-mate either.

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 38389 battles

View PostEWzwrw66, on Aug 18 2019 - 12:39, said:

No they won't do anything because there is no way they can effectively punish the sheer number of infractions, team dmg was the effective tool to stop griefing and wot has taken that away, theirs already a noticeable decrease in quality of game play.

Yet,

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/610131-month-long-ban-a-bit-severe/page__p__12225765__hl__+banned#entry12225765

Granted, it wasn't for pushing other players, but the concept's the same. Someone had to report the player for an infraction that "auto-whatever" systems can not monitor. 

Even when we still had team damage, players would still push others. The "auto-team damage" system wouldn't necessarily catch that as it was possible to push others without doing any damage. So, the only recourse players had was to submit tickets for Physics Abuse. 

Also, watch the video in this WG article:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/videos/team-damage-video-0819/

They clearly state to report players that "abuse physics" by pushing other players.

You may want to also read the information about the "STRIKE POLICY". It explains why you may still see the same "troll" during the week. But, if they continue with their actions, you'll start seeing less and less of them. Of course, this is ONLY if you report them.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 71936 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Well at least OP's post fits his handle.

28 battle buddies.  OP must've got pushed around a lot prior to team damage being removed as well.

Vulcan_Spectre #11 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4253 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
The only downside to removing team pushing is you can't un flip a friend, so I want it so when you press a button no one on your team can push you, but it only works if they are touching you

Jer1413 #12 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 14:50

Captain

• Players
  • 47307 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostEWzwrw66, on Aug 18 2019 - 08:39, said:

Team damage was exactly what the trolls were trying to get you to do. How effective was it when you would get a time-out and they would just press battle and troll again?

Jryder #13 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

Shooting someone who was pushing me has never stopped the pushing and has only escalated the situation. I find the idea that eliminating FF has resulted in massive physics abuse to be questionable at best. It is far more likely that this pushing going on is actually players who want FF back and are trying to generate a false consensus with a fake rash of pushing.

In reality, the OP should thank WG for eliminating FF and saving him from his own worst impulses. Time to grow up and learn to reign in those emotions a bit.

AverageWannabe #14 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7317 battles
havent been pushed so far

Mojo_Riesing #15 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:21

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostFacepalm_Instructions, on Aug 18 2019 - 04:11, said:

I just don't see this, sounds like a personal problem on your end...like resorting to "yelling" in type with caps.

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Aug 18 2019 - 04:36, said:

What he said...and good advice.

View PostJryder, on Aug 18 2019 - 06:05, said:

Shooting someone who was pushing me has never stopped the pushing and has only escalated the situation. I find the idea that eliminating FF has resulted in massive physics abuse to be questionable at best. It is far more likely that this pushing going on is actually players who want FF back and are trying to generate a false consensus with a fake rash of pushing.

In reality, the OP should thank WG for eliminating FF and saving him from his own worst impulses. Time to grow up and learn to reign in those emotions a bit.

Exactly.  

WaywardChild #16 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:29

Captain

• Players
  • 38091 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Have not been pushed once. 

RHeadshot #17 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5451 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Aug 18 2019 - 14:28, said:

Yet,

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/610131-month-long-ban-a-bit-severe/page__p__12225765__hl__+banned#entry12225765

Granted, it wasn't for pushing other players, but the concept's the same. Someone had to report the player for an infraction that "auto-whatever" systems can not monitor.

Even when we still had team damage, players would still push others. The "auto-team damage" system wouldn't necessarily catch that as it was possible to push others without doing any damage. So, the only recourse players had was to submit tickets for Physics Abuse.

Also, watch the video in this WG article:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/videos/team-damage-video-0819/

They clearly state to report players that "abuse physics" by pushing other players.

You may want to also read the information about the "STRIKE POLICY". It explains why you may still see the same "troll" during the week. But, if they continue with their actions, you'll start seeing less and less of them. Of course, this is ONLY if you report them.

Except my experience is that WG isn't punishing players for physics abuse.

xrays_ #18 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 52105 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 18 2019 - 09:35, said:

No, your experience is simply that you don't know what sanctions have been applied. In my experience, I know that WG takes these submissions seriously, and they do issue sanctions appropriately. However, any submission must clearly show deliberate actions to push and/or block, not accidental bumps or other interactions that might irk you.

x.

buckschott #19 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 16:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18394 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

I've had people park behind me and shoot at nothing to get lit and then block me from backing up.  I've noticed sometimes that people are quicker to jump in front of you to take a shot at a tank you are fighting.  Not enough so I'd call it a huge issue, but still it's happening.

IMO the thing that has affected gameplay the most is that everyone just shoots into crowds of tanks now.  I know I take shots in tanks like the T30, KV2, and other derpy cannons that I'd never risk before because there's no reason not to. If the crosshair shows red tank, let it fly.  The adage that "you miss all the shots you don't take" has new meaning.

The downfall is that tanks that try to push are dying faster and games are snowballing into roflstomps more often.  As an average player that's only capable of the occasional carry, it's translating into more losses once the stomp begins.

ColonelShakes #20 Posted Aug 18 2019 - 16:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16267 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 18 2019 - 15:35, said:

You wouldn't know , they don't publish that information.  Nice lie attempt though.  Sounded totally legit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users