• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 05:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 32644 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

We all know that Wargaming struggles with making things simple (and their English ain't so good neither).  So when they have events like the Festival that requires watching videos, reading stuff, etc., I don't pay attention to it.  These dog tags keep appearing and I have over a hundred something of them now.  However, I don't know what I'm supposed to DO with them.  I heard people saying something like you need a bunch of them at the end (months from now), so I haven't done a thing with my own dog tags - because it requires USING the dog tags/tokens/whatever.

Can someone give me the skinny on what I'm supposed to DO with these right now, if anything?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

__WarChild__

Groogrux_Lite #2 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 05:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 28850 battles
My understanding is that you need to collect all the Dog Tag components (105 of them at 5 tokens per component when using random creation) in order to unlock a special store where you can buy some rare ish type things using your extra tokens. Click the Dog Tag in game and check the menu on left, the third icon down is a shopping cart that open the store and shows what will be available.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 72591 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

I quickly glanced the article when I checked the patch notes.  Most of this is from reading the dogtag screen options/tabs.

Click your Dogtag in garage then the tabs on the left side of the dogtag screen.

The second one down iirc (just closed the client, so can't check) will show you some rewards as you get components. The third per the earlier poster shows the shop and it's wares.   Also click all the tabs they'll give you a little insight.  The first tab is the default iirc.  And there's only four - again iirc.  Can't recall what the last one details.

When you get all the components which are crafted by using tickets the festival shop will open up for you. 

Use the lowest auto-generated crafting tool which costs five tickets each time you craft something.    It will eventually craft everything as there will be no duplicates and you'll get all the components a lot faster than choosing your own which costs more tickets.

AimElement #4 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 06:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2306 battles
  • [TRY] TRY
You need to collect all 105 components to unlock the shop at the end, where you will use all of your remaining tokens on cool stuff. The best known way to get all 105 components is to use all of your tokens on the Random option that cost 5 tokens. Hope that's helps.

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #5 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 06:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36757 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Complete all missions for Festival Tickets and unlock all possible dog tags using Random Component Generator.  Continue collecting Festival Tickets and at the end of the event use them to buy stuff from the festival store.  My priority in the store will be the camo sets then the boosters. 

appendage #6 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 06:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41432 battles
  • [SZ] SZ

Agreed just use random its the way to go. Wonka knows his sheet.

'ACTA NON VERBA'

;)

APPENDAGE

Buttknuckle #7 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 06:56

Major

• Players
  • 51836 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Here's my take:

Ignore until end of event.

Then click "random part" thing until you reach limit.

Use left over tickets for something useful (assumes something useful will eventually be added to the ticket shop).

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 07:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 32644 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostButtknuckle, on Aug 18 2019 - 23:56, said:

Here's my take:

Ignore until end of event.

Then click "random part" thing until you reach limit.

Use left over tickets for something useful (assumes something useful will eventually be added to the ticket shop).

Thank you to everyone who's chimed in so far.  I really have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds like the Holiday Decoder thing so I guess I need to understand this thing and read it.

I have been taking Buttknuckle's approach of ignoring until some later date.  I was just wondering if I needed to do something now to capitalize on it, and also whether I need to save stuff to the end or make nice looking dog tags for myself.

Christojojo #9 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 07:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34779 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postheavymetal1967, on Aug 19 2019 - 00:18, said:

I quickly glanced the article when I checked the patch notes.  Most of this is from reading the dogtag screen options/tabs.

Click your Dogtag in garage then the tabs on the left side of the dogtag screen.

The second one down iirc (just closed the client, so can't check) will show you some rewards as you get components. The third per the earlier poster shows the shop and it's wares.   Also click all the tabs they'll give you a little insight.  The first tab is the default iirc.  And there's only four - again iirc.  Can't recall what the last one details.

When you get all the components which are crafted by using tickets the festival shop will open up for you. 

Use the lowest auto-generated crafting tool which costs five tickets each time you craft something.    It will eventually craft everything as there will be no duplicates and you'll get all the components a lot faster than choosing your own which costs more tickets.

iirc = If I remember correctly?

__WarChild__ #10 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 07:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 32644 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
Okay, I used the Random Generator thing and now have 29 of the 105, and I've upgraded to "Committed" title.  As far as progression goes, how am I doing?

ElfMagi2 #11 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 08:27

Captain

• Players
  • 60057 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 19 2019 - 01:38, said:

Okay, I used the Random Generator thing and now have 29 of the 105, and I've upgraded to "Committed" title.  As far as progression goes, how am I doing?

Looks like you are maxed out.

Now comes the fun week where not only we will have to play 7 Random Battles each day but we will need to grind out a Prestige level in Frontlines to obtain the maximum number of  tickets.

Let the grind begin.

At least they gave us some boosters for FL.

GenPanzer #12 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 12:22

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

Ironic how many times you create a forum thread about things you don't want to read about in game or on the news site because reasons. The time spent creating and reading all the responses is much less work and less confusing than just reading what WG provides.

I like you Warchild, but sometimes you make no sense.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 13:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 32644 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostGenPanzer, on Aug 19 2019 - 05:22, said:

Ironic how many times you create a forum thread about things you don't want to read about in game or on the news site because reasons. The time spent creating and reading all the responses is much less work and less confusing than just reading what WG provides.

I like you Warchild, but sometimes you make no sense.

Well, I hear what you're saying, but Wargaming confuses me.  They really do.  And not only that, but the STRATEGY on how to deal with what Wargaming gives us is NOT something you can necessarily read about.  Plus, many people here are succinct with what's important - like Buttknuckle for example.  Others explained to me what I needed and how to get there, Buttknuckle's post let me know that I was doing what I needed to be doing.  

I've been ignoring it and gathering these things, but as more and more people kill me, I noticed they had different looking tags which made me think "should I be making creative tags?"  But you're right, I talk a lot and sometimes in circles.  Don't get my wife started please...

:girl:

GenPanzer #14 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 14:44

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 19 2019 - 07:40, said:

Well, I hear what you're saying, but Wargaming confuses me.  They really do.  And not only that, but the STRATEGY on how to deal with what Wargaming gives us is NOT something you can necessarily read about.  Plus, many people here are succinct with what's important - like Buttknuckle for example.  Others explained to me what I needed and how to get there, Buttknuckle's post let me know that I was doing what I needed to be doing.  

I've been ignoring it and gathering these things, but as more and more people kill me, I noticed they had different looking tags which made me think "should I be making creative tags?"  But you're right, I talk a lot and sometimes in circles.  Don't get my wife started please...

:girl:

It's really not that hard, and their information in the client is very informative. I don't 100% remember their news article, but I don't think there was much to it and those usually are a little hard to understand.

Think the Christmas tree event, but this time, everyone gets to see what you choose.

And, from WG own explanation, if you want all to complete the set, do not buy specific items. Always use Random. There is no penalty to use your tickets now, so use them as you get them (every 5). You can wait as there is no penalty for that either, I guess. The only difference is that others can see what you have or have not done to your dog tags.

heavymetal1967 #15 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 72591 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostChristojojo, on Aug 19 2019 - 02:26, said:

iirc = If I remember correctly?

Yep.

__WarChild__ #16 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 32644 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostGenPanzer, on Aug 19 2019 - 07:44, said:

It's really not that hard, and their information in the client is very informative. I don't 100% remember their news article, but I don't think there was much to it and those usually are a little hard to understand.

Think the Christmas tree event, but this time, everyone gets to see what you choose.

And, from WG own explanation, if you want all to complete the set, do not buy specific items. Always use Random. There is no penalty to use your tickets now, so use them as you get them (every 5). You can wait as there is no penalty for that either, I guess. The only difference is that others can see what you have or have not done to your dog tags.

Well, I do better when someone gives me the lowdown skinny on something and THEN I read/watch Wargaming's explanations.  That's just me and I know it's weird, but nothing I can do about it.

It would be AWESOME if Wargaming's Holiday Decorider worked like this thing does - NO DUPLICATES.  I posted a pic this last year of me running the thing 8 times in a row with the exact same ornament and there were only 2 to choose from.  Frustrating.

Also tagged with Dog Tags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users