My penny on WOT Random Battle maps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Chisanbop #1 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 14:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5802 battles
I have been playing my tier six and seven SPG's, and something that I have noticed is the maps feel too small for tier seven. Tier six feels fine, but tier seven, I feel a bit claustrophobic. I am not a computer person outside of playing two online games and searching google. Maybe paying some bills, but that is about it. This might be a huge ordeal to even consider on Wargaming's part, but I feel it might be of some interest to the see Tiers four to six, have access to all the current maps. For tiers seven to ten, I think bigger maps would be better suited. If I am correct, currently not every map is available to tiers four to eight, but I may need to be corrected on this. Anyways, what are others thoughts on this?

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 14:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35405 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Try Mines in a Tier 10 LOL

Vava_das_SPGs #3 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 14:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 25709 battles

View PostChisanbop, on Aug 19 2019 - 10:38, said:

I have been playing my tier six and seven SPG's, and something that I have noticed is the maps feel too small for tier seven. Tier six feels fine, but tier seven, I feel a bit claustrophobic. I am not a computer person outside of playing two online games and searching google. Maybe paying some bills, but that is about it. This might be a huge ordeal to even consider on Wargaming's part, but I feel it might be of some interest to the see Tiers four to six, have access to all the current maps. For tiers seven to ten, I think bigger maps would be better suited. If I am correct, currently not every map is available to tiers four to eight, but I may need to be corrected on this. Anyways, what are others thoughts on this?

That's why I like Grand Battles (still missing it) and Frontline.
You can explore the capabilities of long range artilleries.
Not ALL the capabilities, as in some cases the game can't render the recticle on the edge of the range of some long range arties (Yep. I'm talking about you, GW Tiger P _).

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 15:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 13893 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Neglecting to add new maps and enlarge existing ones is their biggest sin. Frontline was their biggest hit in years when it debuted , but here we are still playing on the original map. IN Russia I guess they like playing 50,000 games on the same map but I'd guess the stale maps are what's killing off NA numbers. 

Coding and design are expensive and what resources they have seem to be going to new games they are trying to launch.

Edited by YANKEE137, Aug 19 2019 - 15:01.

Vulcan_Spectre #5 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 16:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4331 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
Try ensk in any tier

Chisanbop #6 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 19:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5802 battles

I did not try front line yet. I have read many people liked it, but I have not played those battles. I did the Halloween map last year, I tried the battles we just had before Czechloslovskia month. I did try the soccer battles, but maybe WG thinks rather than make large new maps, they will perk people’s interest with holiday and seasonal battles.

Usually in business, somethings do not make sense to do from a financial point of view. I’m going to assume this is why we have yet to be introduced to larger sized maps.

Edited by Chisanbop, Aug 19 2019 - 19:48.

Chisanbop #7 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 23:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5802 battles
As for Ensk, that one, Himmelsdorf, mines, Abby, and maybe another small map should be accessible to tiers one to three. Tiers four to six should have all the maps other than the four listed available. All larger new or reprogrammed maps for tiers seven to ten. Possibly,  maybe even one gigantic  grand finale map with a 30 minute timer just for tier ten, but anyways. Just some ideas.

Edited by Chisanbop, Aug 19 2019 - 23:21.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users