Apocolypse.... Meh. Just another proverbial carrot.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

WrecktOmWrecker #1 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 19:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8794 battles

Good day.

I didn't get the notification for this supposed "Secret Mission", until Saturday 8/19/19, and supposedly you had a set amount of days to get 4 Tokens for the Apocolypse tribute camo, which I wanted coz camo options are already over priced and boring as it is. You would think with today's tech, you would be able to customize your camo like you could your car collection in FORZA MOTORSPORTS... With WG, that's not the case at all, you're stuck with WoT's limited options.

But I digress.

I was only one token away (3 tank kills) from getting this stupid camo, so I logged in to get those kills, and low and behold the mission expired! So let me get this straight... Apparently due to a delay in WG's notification system, the Apocolypse Pow mission, that I entered a PHYSICAL CODE to participate in, expired.

So,... Ya did it to me again Wargaming....  World of Tanks and it's staff had me chasing a proverbial carrot from the start and you knew it, it didn't matter if I entered a code or not, I would never catch this carrot, right? Ha ha, very funny, you got me! OH YEAH! Loads of laughs! :sceptic:

To say I'm put out, is an understatement, as all that work I put into those missions was just a waste of my time, this is probably the most disingenuous mission I have ever partaken in on any of Wargaming platforms. I doubt I will ever waste my time to participate in another "Secret Mission" again if this is how you run things over there at WoT. In my opinion, I took the time to enter a "PHYSICAL CODE" to enter this mission, I should have been allotted the time upon entering said code to complete it, especially if you know that your notification system is faulty.

I know everyone is gonna share WG's "Sucks to be You" opinion on the matter.... But from where I am standing, World of Tanks owes me a camo for WASTING MY TIME on this one.... x7 APOCOLYPSE POW CAMO'S to be exact. :coin:

GenPanzer #2 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

I am not sure why you didn't check the news site for any code possibilities until Saturday, but, since 2 tokens could be earned each day, and those missions were super easy to complete, I am not sure why you couldn't complete them in time.

I wouldn't say it's 100% your fault. The codes being released late is a problem. Some would say the codes themselves are the problem, but their release being late is really the bigger problem. I would say that it's probably 90% your fault, though.

AndrewSledge #3 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 19:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 36340 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

For what it's worth, I agree that the email notifications are always too late to be of any use. It's like they send them out as a reminder to complete the missions, but have forgotten to send out emails in the first place to notify you that missions are available. In order to keep up to date on what's going on, you really have to be checking the game website daily, which is a bit much to ask for.

I have a similar issue with World of Warships; I don't play it much, and there's soo many events/campaigns/missions going on at the same time that I just ignore everything and play a few rounds in a tier 2 Destroyer, and then come back to tanks. I can imagine similar things happen for casual players of WOT. The in-game event system is so convoluted and hard to understand, it discourages a lot of players. It's been bad ever since they revamped the mission UI unnecessarily, and the implementation of codes to try to 'fix' that is just stupid.

Dark_Blue_Ink #4 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 20:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9014 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

Not sure where in the world you are, but the missions and required code were posted Friday morning before 9:00AM ET.  I know because I reposted it to my clan on Discord at 9:04.

You (we) had 3 days to complete the relatively easy missions.  The caveat was that it required you to play 2 out of the 3 days as only 2 tokens could be earned each day.

While it is true that we were cheated out of 3 hours on Friday (codes active at 6:00, but notification was around 9:00), there was sufficient time to complete the missions.

I suggest that you/everyone be in the habit of checking the WoT website or their Discord channel every Friday morning.  You will miss out on fewer missions and codes that way.

Or, join -TSO- clan and you'll get my notifications.

ymmv

WrecktOmWrecker #5 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 00:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8794 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Aug 19 2019 - 19:57, said:

I am not sure why you didn't check the news site for any code possibilities until Saturday, but, since 2 tokens could be earned each day, and those missions were super easy to complete, I am not sure why you couldn't complete them in time.

I wouldn't say it's 100% your fault. The codes being released late is a problem. Some would say the codes themselves are the problem, but their release being late is really the bigger problem. I would say that it's probably 90% your fault, though.

Dang sure ain't my fault... I have a life too, I don't have the time to peruse WoT's website every day, who the hell does? Who ever can afford to do that, either works for WG, or has no life, and probably doesn't have a girlfriend either. 

WrecktOmWrecker #6 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 00:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8794 battles

View PostDark_Blue_Ink, on Aug 19 2019 - 20:04, said:

Not sure where in the world you are, but the missions and required code were posted Friday morning before 9:00AM ET.  I know because I reposted it to my clan on Discord at 9:04.

You (we) had 3 days to complete the relatively easy missions.  The caveat was that it required you to play 2 out of the 3 days as only 2 tokens could be earned each day.

While it is true that we were cheated out of 3 hours on Friday (codes active at 6:00, but notification was around 9:00), there was sufficient time to complete the missions.

I suggest that you/everyone be in the habit of checking the WoT website or their Discord channel every Friday morning.  You will miss out on fewer missions and codes that way.

Or, join -TSO- clan and you'll get my notifications.

ymmv

I live in Texas, I got the notification Saturday afternoon or evening I think?

I'm not the only one who was in game [edited]about this issue either, this happened to several other players as well it seems.

There are a lot of angry tankers out there over this.

WrecktOmWrecker #7 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 00:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8794 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Aug 19 2019 - 19:59, said:

For what it's worth, I agree that the email notifications are always too late to be of any use. It's like they send them out as a reminder to complete the missions, but have forgotten to send out emails in the first place to notify you that missions are available. In order to keep up to date on what's going on, you really have to be checking the game website daily, which is a bit much to ask for.

I have a similar issue with World of Warships; I don't play it much, and there's soo many events/campaigns/missions going on at the same time that I just ignore everything and play a few rounds in a tier 2 Destroyer, and then come back to tanks. I can imagine similar things happen for casual players of WOT. The in-game event system is so convoluted and hard to understand, it discourages a lot of players. It's been bad ever since they revamped the mission UI unnecessarily, and the implementation of codes to try to 'fix' that is just stupid.

Dude, I wholly concur with you... WG needs to straighten this out on both platforms. I share your angst on WoW's as well.

GenPanzer #8 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostWrecktOmWrecker, on Aug 19 2019 - 18:35, said:

Dang sure ain't my fault... I have a life too, I don't have the time to peruse WoT's website every day, who the hell does? Who ever can afford to do that, either works for WG, or has no life, and probably doesn't have a girlfriend either. 

Looking at the news site take less time than creating a forum thread and reading/responding to said thread. So, you sound like you are just making up excuses. It sux you missed out, but you aren't new and the codes aren't really that new. You should know there are codes every weekend and while not released exactly on server restart, they do usually get posted sometime in the morning hours.

If you don't have time for codes, it sounds like you probably don't have time to complete the missions anyway, so what's the big deal then?

_Koschei_ #9 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 14:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33553 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
first I heard of it.....my news still giving me the reward for playing 9y  for a free t50-2

CanadianPuppy #10 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 14:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles
I did not receive the camo, but it was apparently the WG Fest "Team Fire" camo. 

dunniteowl #11 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 31524 battles

You are NOT entitled to be awarded prizes out of the fact that you are upset by the way the system is (poorly) designed.

I feel you, but, in the end:

It's a game.

No one forced you to play.

The time ran out -- them's the breaks.

There will be More Opportunities to Miss later.

So, what the problem is?

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users