Jump to content


Uptick in successful blind fires


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HeavyMetalSix #1 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 21:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 54990 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
I've noticed an uptick of successful blind fires in the past 2 wks.  I'd say at least 1/day 1:20 battles - these seems abnormal based on passed experience.  Am I alone?

Space_Modulator #2 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 21:24

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 17024 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-31-2016
By "Blindfires" do you mean a random shot early in the game across the map ... or ... using bushes properly to keep from being seen?

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 21:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • 9,950
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

Lots of people practice blind fire techniques with success.

This is the best tutorial on how to use client sights to blind fire with success.  Lots of cute sight mods out there, but this teaches how to use the client sights.
All I do is change the color for my needs. 

 

 

 

 



dont_ping_me #4 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 22:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 83859 battles
  • 3,603
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
It amazes me how many snipers don't blind fire known camping spots. They just sit there patiently waiting all game hoping something lights up for them.

SymbiosisBC #5 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 22:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 19275 battles
  • 3,413
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
I've noticed an uptick of players watching and learning effective techniques showcased in (good) WoT Community Contributor videos.

Vulcan_Spectre #6 Posted Aug 19 2019 - 23:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4331 battles
  • 835
  • [TCM] TCM
  • Member since:
    12-25-2017

View Postdont_ping_me, on Aug 19 2019 - 16:01, said:

It amazes me how many snipers don't blind fire known camping spots. They just sit there patiently waiting all game hoping something lights up for them.

This, like the one corner on karhov where there's the one bush, I blind fire that all the time



HeavyMetalSix #7 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 54990 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostSpace_Modulator, on Aug 19 2019 - 20:24, said:

By "Blindfires" do you mean a random shot early in the game across the map ... or ... using bushes properly to keep from being seen?

It's been shots into unlikely spots.



HeavyMetalSix #8 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 54990 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Aug 19 2019 - 21:18, said:

I've noticed an uptick of players watching and learning effective techniques showcased in (good) WoT Community Contributor videos.

People like you bring such wonderful and non-toxic contributions?



diego999 #9 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 21:43

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 35976 battles
  • 5,247
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Aug 19 2019 - 17:25, said:

Lots of people practice blind fire techniques with success.

This is the best tutorial on how to use client sights to blind fire with success.  Lots of cute sight mods out there, but this teaches how to use the client sights.
All I do is change the color for my needs. 

 

 

 

 

 

This is very good advice.



Saffron_Blaze #10 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 03:59

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22423 battles
  • 189
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View Postdont_ping_me, on Aug 19 2019 - 22:01, said:

It amazes me how many snipers don't blind fire known camping spots. They just sit there patiently waiting all game hoping something lights up for them.

 

Blind fires that strike seem to have a far lower chance of causing damage than hitting a lit target.

I agree with the OP though, there is far more successful blind fires going on recently.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users