Jump to content


So are Chinese tanks always going to be terrible or what WG?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Arclyte #1 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 04:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17768 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

Exception being WZ-111-5A

 

I don't think I've ever seen the tier 10 TD. I completely forgot they were in the game tbh.



Zanarkand_C #2 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 04:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35796 battles
  • 739
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014
Chinese tanks aren't bad, they just aren't META... so you'll rarely see them anyway. Today's MM is pretty much only meta tanks everyone try harding these days.

tanopasman62 #3 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 05:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20946 battles
  • 4,386
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
Why should Chinese knock offs be any good when the real tanks exist?, they shouldn't even be in the game.

alphadogg64 #4 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 05:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1163 battles
  • 518
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Posttanopasman62, on Aug 20 2019 - 04:17, said:

Why should Chinese knock offs be any good when the real tanks exist?, they shouldn't even be in the game.

 

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR wrong



StoveBolt54 #5 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 05:19

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 30166 battles
  • 1,387
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

Tech Tree ?

 

My 1st thought seeing this was the Hype 59.



Blocksupstudios #6 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 05:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12685 battles
  • 479
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

M5A1 Stuart: idk why this isn't talked about more, it's a hidden gem and is actually very decent

Type T-34: T-34 with worse gun depression with the 57 mm gun but has more ammo to compensate. in other words it's meh, but not absolutely awful

Type 58: literally chinese-produced T-34-85 that is worse than both variants in every way. also call it fully upgraded when it's really a half upgraded T-34-85

IS-2: how does the russian version (the premium IS-2 variant) have better gun depression when they're essentially the same thing. ok vehicle

110: taller IS-3 with a gun that takes 5 years to aim. also is slower and has no troll armor



SuperJaws100 #7 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 08:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18401 battles
  • 1,377
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Aug 19 2019 - 23:34, said:

M5A1 Stuart: idk why this isn't talked about more, it's a hidden gem and is actually very decent

Type T-34: T-34 with worse gun depression with the 57 mm gun but has more ammo to compensate. in other words it's meh, but not absolutely awful

Type 58: literally chinese-produced T-34-85 that is worse than both variants in every way. also call it fully upgraded when it's really a half upgraded T-34-85

IS-2: how does the russian version (the premium IS-2 variant) have better gun depression when they're essentially the same thing. ok vehicle

110: taller IS-3 with a gun that takes 5 years to aim. also is slower and has no troll armor

 

They literally took the Russian tech tree and randomly copy and pasted tanks, then reduced the stats. The TDs are entirely made up.



Avalon304 #8 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 09:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 23124 battles
  • 9,779
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Aug 19 2019 - 21:34, said:

Type T-34: T-34 with worse gun depression with the 57 mm gun but has more ammo to compensate. in other words it's meh, but not absolutely awful

 

The Type T-34 is actually a better T-34 than the T-34 is... it has a better gun, with more ammo at the cost of some gun depression. Its also more mobile and agile.

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/type-t-34?t=t-34_51111f



_Bus #9 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 12:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18957 battles
  • 565
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

The 113 used to see regular play, as did the 5A. 

 

The lights are mediocre(because gun handling and dpm). 

 

The TDs are...fairly tragic, the Tier 6 and the Tier 9 being the stand-outs(the premium is good too).

 

And the mediums are about fitting the biggest boomstick.  The 121 was the original 430U, just without the armor.

 

But most of the Chinese tanks are made from the discarded fuel tanks and ammo racks of the superior Russian vehicles.



thorus08 #10 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 12:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29012 battles
  • 361
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    12-28-2010

View Post_Bus, on Aug 20 2019 - 06:00, said:

 

The TDs are...fairly tragic, the Tier 6 and the Tier 9 being the stand-outs(the premium is good too).

The tier 9 TD is the jewel of Chinese tech tree, imo.  Love that thing.



TastyPastry #11 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 13:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29292 battles
  • 1,505
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 20 2019 - 04:15, said:

 

The Type T-34 is actually a better T-34 than the T-34 is... it has a better gun, with more ammo at the cost of some gun depression. Its also more mobile and agile.

 

https://tanks.gg/compare/type-t-34?t=t-34_51111f

 

The improvements are marginal. The ammo capacity basically doesn't matter. The gun handling and slight P/W increase isn't worth 3 degrees of gun depression.



Trauglodyte #12 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 13:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23109 battles
  • 3,637
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

I find it comical that the Chinese tanks are just Russian copies, yet they "suck" to high heaven.  Had to put it in quotes because, sadly, Chinese copies are still better than German originals.

 

View Post_Bus, on Aug 20 2019 - 12:00, said:

 

The TDs are...fairly tragic, the Tier 6 and the Tier 9 being the stand-outs(the premium is good too).

 

 

The tier IV is pretty good, too, given the tier.  Sadly, the tier 10 is the only tank that I've yet to kill.  So, my weak "achievement", for killing all tank types, sits unfulfilled, just because nobody wants to play the dang thing (or I get unlucky and someone on my team plays it).



BurglarOfBanff_ff #13 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 13:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28667 battles
  • 1,556
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
T-34-2G FT

kris0302 #14 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 15:52

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 21870 battles
  • 7
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    03-24-2015
But hey, Wz1201gft is one of the best tier 8 prem, 5a is still one of the best tier 10 heavy. It’s not bad since it has 2 opest tanks and only 4 tank lines. 

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #15 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 15:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27344 battles
  • 1,195
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

I played the tier 10 TD on a sheriff account, tbh I found it much better then the 268 and was a fairly enjoyable tank to play. 

 

The 121 and 113 need some love but for the most part are okay ish tanks to play. 

 

The 131-2 like all the other lights beside the EBR and T100 needs a massive buff 

 

 



Trauglodyte #16 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:36

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23109 battles
  • 3,637
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostNARWL_Legend_Soviet, on Aug 20 2019 - 15:57, said:

The 131-2 like all the other lights beside the EBR and T100 needs a massive buff 

 

 

Semi-controversial question:

 

- Do other Lights need buffs or do the EBR and Russian Lights need nerfs?



NARWL_Legend_Soviet #17 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27344 battles
  • 1,195
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

View PostTrauglodyte, on Aug 20 2019 - 11:36, said:

 

Semi-controversial question:

 

- Do other Lights need buffs or do the EBR and Russian Lights need nerfs?

 

Other light tanks need buffs is my opinion. 



QuicksilverJPR #18 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 27880 battles
  • 4,790
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostNARWL_Legend_Soviet, on Aug 20 2019 - 11:53, said:

 

Other light tanks need buffs is my opinion. 

 

 

Light tanks were basically punched in the pepe shortly before their actual game release (especially tier 9/10s)...



darktemplardelta #19 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:25

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10440 battles
  • 182
  • [-REM-] -REM-
  • Member since:
    01-18-2017

View PostTrauglodyte, on Aug 20 2019 - 17:36, said:

 

Semi-controversial question:

 

- Do other Lights need buffs or do the EBR and Russian Lights need nerfs?

Maybe a bit of both






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users