Direct Questions - Will players starting from Prestige VIII get fewer tickets than those at VII and ...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RunDownBlaster #1 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 10:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10804 battles

I'm not asking for speculation, I want a member of WG staff to clarify this. Are you effectively penalizing players who have put in the effort to stay at the front of the curve, are you only distributing one set of tickets to each player regardless of their Prestige or only distributing the tickets for Tier VIII, or will players who are too far ahead to claim all possible tickets be compensated with an amount of tickets equal to what they could've gotten starting from Prestige 0 Tier 1?

As for players who aren't staff, evidence of tickets being or not being distributed for Prestige Tier VII-below would still be appreciated.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 11:31

Major

• Players
  • 43172 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
I'm below prestige VII and I am getting all the tickets.

ColonelShakes #3 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 11:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16469 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

It isn't any of your business how they distribute the tickets.  No ticket distributed to another player has anything to do with the Wargaming property you have rented, nor would it 'penalize' you.  

Now that everything is crystal clear, I would suggest submitting a ticket , as a forum post is open to opinion and speculation.

GenPanzer #4 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

To answer your question, simple math would say yes. Anyone below prestige 8 can potentially get more tickets than someone at prestige 8. Ironically, anyone below prestige 7 can potentially get more tickets than someone at prestige 7. Funny how that works.

Why would you expect compensation? Would you expect compensation for spending credits or gold prior to a sale that pops on the weekend? No. Would you expect any business to compensate you for any kind of freebie or discount after you have purchased something when said freebies or discounts weren't available?

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 72591 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

You don't need a staffer to answer that question folks.  Do the math.  Answer is yes, but only if they make levels up and the shop closes October 7th.

So folks essentially have two sessions - this session and next FL session to benefit.  Because October is a no go unless they start October FL in the middle of the week.

Hell us folks that are current could also throw pitch a hissy fit over the fact that they waited this late to create the FL reserves.

But you'd be pitching a hissy fit imo.

Unless you're making levels up you can only complete a Prestige rank a session.  

So only folks making prestige ranks up can get more tickets.   Folks that are behind and don't make up any ranks won't get anymore tickets than someone current.

So if someone wants to grind their keister off to complete FL or get more Festival tickets then more power to them.

I'd rather have the FL rewards than more Festival shop rewards, but that's just me.  

Point being (and there are always exceptions) only folks pretty far behind stand to really benefit ticket wise aren't going to get the good FL rewards  and then only if they really grind this and next session.  Because if you're just a rank or two behind even with the one ticket per tier it's not gonna total out much.  

Caveat is the boosters as I haven't fired any yet, so not sure how'll they affect progress.

The Festival stuff just started.  FL has been running.    And there's a two session window that only benefits folks really grinding several prestige levels for meh rewards.

Did WG account for this and figure it's "effects" were limited, so just do it.  Or did they just implement it period.  Who knows. 

Hell they just started FL reserves so one could argue that folks farther behind stand to benefit more from them as well. 

And the Festival Store....  quote from the article...

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/wot-festival-meta/

At the end of the Festival, all your unused Tickets will disappear. Be sure to redeem the prizes you want before October 7!

FL runs through November, but October won't see a FL before the store closes because of the calendar.   Frontline regulations, including the schedule.

The math...

You get ONE ticket for each FL tier from 15-29.  You get 4 tickets for completing a prestige level and 5 tickets for completing prestige 30.

For the record I'm at max prestige.  Well I was when I entered this session and will likely be at the end of it.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 14:50

Major

• Players
  • 72591 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

For anyone ???  Screenshots aren't mine, they're from another thread.

Go check the Festival Shop rewards (click your Dog Tag then the shopping cart) folks. 

Those Festival Rewards are ok, but considering the grind to make up FL prestige nothing to get this excited about folks. 

_Ayreon_ #7 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 52838 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Yep, they benefit more.

Maximum prestige level is IX this month. If someone was level VI, they can easily get to level VIII or IX this week only and get more tickets...

"But that's impossible!", you say. - No, it isn't!

People are bragging on the forums how they already got their prestige IX yesterday. It's possible asf now if you're decent enough and get only general and major ranks.

All you have to do is turn the boosters on (eventually, buy some), play around 5 hours a day and there you go...

WG did really great this time.... smh

Hijak #8 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16130 battles
  • [-G_R-] -G_R-

View Post_Ayreon_, on Aug 20 2019 - 08:18, said:

People are bragging on the forums how they already got their prestige IX yesterday. It's possible asf now if you're decent enough and get only general and major ranks.

All you have to do is turn the boosters on (eventually, buy some), play around 5 hours a day and there you go...

I only wish I was Prestige 9.  I'm currently Prestige 7, tier 25 but these boosters are sure nice to make the grind just that much easier.  I hope they give you a chance to earn more next month.

_Ayreon_ #9 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 52838 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostHijak, on Aug 20 2019 - 18:22, said:

I only wish I was Prestige 9.  I'm currently Prestige 7, tier 25 but these boosters are sure nice to make the grind just that much easier.  I hope they give you a chance to earn more next month.

They will give more boosters next month, for sure. It's in their interest for people to play as much as they can. And don't worry, you'll be at prestige X in no time. If not next month, then in September, and you will get the AE tank. ;) 

Bergepanzer_RV #10 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 02:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 58226 battles
  • [REL-B] REL-B

I'm at tier 30 prestige VIII and I have the same doubt/concern about tickets for festival. I already sent a ticket looking for some official answer about this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users