• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

jamesdoz #21 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 20 2019 - 07:44, said:

I don't worry about things that I can't control (like winrates).  I look at Wargaming moved employees to Austin (cheaper in the long run), and they are ADDING employees - so much so that they had to move into a larger building recently with a 3 year lease. So I bought an EBR for Frontlines (and my son who plays my account) and I don't worry about it.  It sure is fun this week :playing:

War, How do you know about a new building? Not that it is top secret info, But unless you know someone who works there I do not see any new posted about such things anymore. Last sight that did that was FTR. For The Record, He left and played the other game and tried to give all his followers to Rita, What a mistake that was. That was the best WOT fan site around for 2 or 3 years. I am just curious did I miss an article? 

jamesdoz #22 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostSystemRename177180002, on Aug 20 2019 - 09:58, said:

Losing players at a alarming rate.Id call that dying.

That is not true, Losing sure, but what ten year old game doesn't? 

Kliphie #23 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 32679 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I don't know where WC heard, but one of the CMs mentioned their moving during one of their weekly streams.  

jamesdoz #24 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:07

Major

• Players
  • 39142 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View PostKliphie, on Aug 20 2019 - 10:02, said:

I don't know where WC heard, but one of the CMs mentioned their moving during one of their weekly streams.  

Thanks Mate 

SteelRonin #25 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23489 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
is heading to your wallet

Christojojo #26 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34707 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postomi5cron, on Aug 20 2019 - 07:27, said:

well only you can decide for you.if you are not having any fun,maybe take another prolonged break? just keep your WoT info incase you need it again. in my case,i know im just average joe and will always BE average joe. i am staying until the game is shut down. sometimes i can get that REALLY great game that gives such a rush.thats why i stay.and sometimes those really great matches were losses,but i fought well but not "carry" well enough.at this point,i may never actually spend any more REAL money (5000 over 6 years) but i will coast on the stuff i have accumulated thus far.lootbox winnings and all the prem tanks i have picked up over the years.

i lost the desire to spend any more real money over some less-than-desirable game decisions of WG ( maybe just WGNA?) but my guess is eventually they shut NA down,merge players with EU at that time and proceed.im ok with that...my EU ping is usually ~140.my most recent kvetch is expressed in my sig. but i will still play.

How tired were you when you typed this. Usually, you are so much better the communicator.

I personally think the game style could be saved by a total restart in version 2.0. This game needs balancing but not to the point every tank is vanilla. More like class balanced so that lights can scout better than mediums. Heavies can out bounce mediums and lights etc, etc. Obviously, the hybrid tanks like the heavy/mediums of the French etc have to dealt with too. But at least fix basics so players playing one class know they are playing that class and not a scouting heavily armored medium sniper brawler.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #27 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17390 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostPunCzarBlintz, on Aug 20 2019 - 08:55, said:

Here, coming up on 8 years in October, 81k+ battles.

Still fun for the most part.

MM is much better than it was.

I enjoy the missions... was able to complete 1-7 of the Czech on Sunday from 2 pm - 9 pm (just got back from vacation).

The premium 3x missions has me grinding my final lines, even in tanks I don't like.

Found a good top 50 clean language clan that does advances and CW.

Yes, I am here for a while longer.

I want to be too, i genuinely do. Sometimes the game makes me wonder if its worth playing when i get ran over by something like a 279e in my little tier 8.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #28 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17390 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostSteelRonin, on Aug 20 2019 - 09:10, said:

is heading to your wallet

They've already burrowed a nest in their my friend xD

ShadowDancer27 #29 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 29848 battles
In the northern hemisphere the vortex rotates clockwise.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #30 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 16:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17390 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostPunCzarBlintz, on Aug 20 2019 - 08:55, said:

Here, coming up on 8 years in October, 81k+ battles.

Still fun for the most part.

MM is much better than it was.

I enjoy the missions... was able to complete 1-7 of the Czech on Sunday from 2 pm - 9 pm (just got back from vacation).

The premium 3x missions has me grinding my final lines, even in tanks I don't like.

Found a good top 50 clean language clan that does advances and CW.

Yes, I am here for a while longer.

I might apply for your clan to be honest. I've seen players on that clan before and theyve been nothing but the kindest people

__WarChild__ #31 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31557 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Postjamesdoz, on Aug 20 2019 - 09:01, said:

War, How do you know about a new building? Not that it is top secret info, But unless you know someone who works there I do not see any new posted about such things anymore. Last sight that did that was FTR. For The Record, He left and played the other game and tried to give all his followers to Rita, What a mistake that was. That was the best WOT fan site around for 2 or 3 years. I am just curious did I miss an article? 

Super top secret.  They announced it on their live stream about 3 times.

Da_Craw #32 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 27418 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostGeroj_Leningrada1944, on Aug 20 2019 - 06:02, said:

WG is caring less and less and even to the point they dont care at all with how poorly this game is being made and balanced, i.e. like the British lights and the buffs they gave the 279e a while ago and how disgusting the new Chieftain is in the mm. 

The new wears off.  The game continues to change incrementally.  I think for the better, but it has been a slow change regardless of which direction you think it has moved.  Individual players' attitudes change much faster.  I don't have the passion for the game that I did the first three years, but I still play regularly and I still enjoy it. 

You've been here long enough to remember the glacial pace of change that has characterized WoT, so I'm a bit surprised at the attitude that WoT doesn't care recently.  I feel like the last year has seen more positive response from WoT in new game modes, better MM, eliminating team damage, Tank Rewards is back, Twitch Care Packages, and new tanks than in the four previous years combined.  I'm nothing but encouraged by what I'm seeing.   

Trauglodyte #33 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 23119 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostGeroj_Leningrada1944, on Aug 20 2019 - 15:46, said:

Alot of people including myself would disagree that the Brit lights arent bad considering how everything at their tier outclasses them in every way. but good point on the fun aspect. 

Well, in terms of the British Lights, they do need some help.  But, I'd argue that Lights are, to a point, operating outside of their original intent.  Part of that is the stupidity that is auto-loaders, which is game-wide, and the derp.  Being combat active, is one thing.  Having a lot of them being near Mediums is a problem, to the point of WG even stating such, on the video for the British Lights.  BUT, to get lights to where they need to be, they'd need to address the size of maps and overall design of maps which, in turn, makes the game better.  The question is whether or not WG has the stomach and vision to make the necessary changes, thus revamping some of the game for the better, or if they'd rather just milk the cash cows...

....betting on the latter.

__WarChild__ #34 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 31557 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
I have had no interest in the Brits because early reviews said they sucked.  Then I watched some of TRUvoodoo's recent video on the Manticore and he LOVES it.  He's a no bologna sandwich kinda guy, so I believe him.  His video took me from "NEVER" to "maybe" in about 5 min.  If I get 36 British blueprints, I'll seriously consider it.

Kliphie #35 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 32679 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I did meh in the 7 and pretty decent so far for me in the 8.  I'm having fun in them though, they're similar to the Evil 90 in play style.  

DrWho_ #36 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 23819 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 20 2019 - 17:38, said:

I have had no interest in the Brits because early reviews said they sucked.  Then I watched some of TRUvoodoo's recent video on the Manticore and he LOVES it.  He's a no bologna sandwich kinda guy, so I believe him.  His video took me from "NEVER" to "maybe" in about 5 min.  If I get 36 British blueprints, I'll seriously consider it.

I changed my mind on it after Guido posted his review and a big thx goes to him for getting me started on a tank that suits my play style in LTs perfectly. Now I was going to play the line eventually as I'll be researching all British tanks eventually, but I was putting it off because of the bad reviews.... or perhaps more previews

Sure I only have 64 games in so far but it's served me well enough for a 59% WR and a 6500 spotting game yesterday did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for the little mutt. Give me a little bit more alpha or a slightly higher rof so the tanks I fire at actually get a little bit worried about their health and this will easily be my new fav tier 7 LT

But then again I also enjoy the SP 1C so I'm probably a bit weird

_Red_Saaryn_ #37 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22067 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostGeroj_Leningrada1944, on Aug 20 2019 - 13:02, said:

So, since my first account which i lost access to due to forgetting both the email and password after leaving and coming back after over a year and now with this one I've logged 6 years and over 27k combined games. In all these years and games i'm starting to seriously think if there is any more point to putting anymore time and money into the game. I have not seen any concrete evidence that this game is on its way out, as like most cockroaches it survives, and continues on 1 year at a time. Now im not a doom and gloom guy, ive liked this game enough to support WG and this game with lots of money and time, but as it stands WG is caring less and less and even to the point they dont care at all with how poorly this game is being made and balanced, i.e. like the British lights and the buffs they gave the 279e a while ago and how disgusting the new Chieftain is in the mm. I dont want this game to die as im managing to still have fun and want to eventually get all the tanks in the tech trees. Despite my rants and rage on bad rng and gold spam which really no one can do anything about I've just gotten to the point where i'm not sure i want to support WG anymore with the behavior they're exhibiting towards their players that borders on absolute arrogance. I've had many laughs and have even made friends both in game and outside of this game from the chats and PM's here. So everything aside. Is WoT worth sticking around with? Is this game truly losing so many players that its on its death throws? The game may be irritating and my past posts on here have showed i get angry before i speak, but is it something we should all give up on? Is WoT headed in the trash? or does she still have some kick to her. What do you guys think. Thanks again for the responses, HF GL out there. :)

Wow. I didn't think someone would invest enough in wot to ask developers for the direction the game is following. You should directly go to Ukraine and ask them personally because here you won't have an answer that is clear and to the point, sometimes you will even have some troll answers. In my personal opinion, I think that wot is going forwards, 3 steps forward and 2 backward. It is a slow push but a push nonetheless 

Trauglodyte #38 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 23119 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Post__WarChild__, on Aug 20 2019 - 17:38, said:

View PostDrWho_, on Aug 20 2019 - 18:19, said:

I changed my mind on it after Guido posted his review and a big thx goes to him for getting me started on a tank that suits my play style in LTs perfectly. Now I was going to play the line eventually as I'll be researching all British tanks eventually, but I was putting it off because of the bad reviews.... or perhaps more previews

Sure I only have 64 games in so far but it's served me well enough for a 59% WR and a 6500 spotting game yesterday did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for the little mutt. Give me a little bit more alpha or a slightly higher rof so the tanks I fire at actually get a little bit worried about their health and this will easily be my new fav tier 7 LT

I played them, on Test, and I enjoyed them.  Light Tank play really comes down to taste.  There are those that suit the "go go go and shoot 'em" types of players.  And then, there are the more slow paced tactical/strategic types.  Brit Lights are mini-TDs (in pen, not alpha) that provide overwatch and vision play.  If you like Auto-Loading Lights, you're not going to enjoy the Brits.  If you like Surfing Lights, you're not going to enjoy the Brits.  I posed the question, back when everyone was complaining about them, "How can the British Lights be 'bad' when people think that the EVEN 90 is good?"  Same concept.  Go fast, to a bush or hang at near-max vision range and do your thing.  While I don't totally fault the player base, I think that WG has everyone twisted into thinking that a new tier 3 premium that doesn't come with a 183 mm auto-loading HESH gun of doom is bad for the game - there is just so much over-hype and power creep, to the point that new lines of play are immediately thought of being bad.

Sometimes, it takes time to figure it out. Other times, you're stuck handing hamburgers to starving people, only to have the reject you cause they're vegan.  You just can't help people that lack vision.

View PostDrWho_, on Aug 20 2019 - 18:19, said:

SP IC is just a German Setter with a derpier gun and more speed for less camo.  Though, I REALLY miss the auto-loader.

Edited by Trauglodyte, Aug 20 2019 - 18:40.

cloudwalkr #39 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56243 battles

Damn sure isn't worth spending money on anymore.  WG are trying their best to be a tanks version of EA.  They are only interested in raising xp cost and then fleecing people for boosters.  

I highly recommend that that people enjoy this game as a F2P game.  At least until WG pulls its head out of its butt, which will never happen if people are still willing to support them and their direction financially.

jeb2 #40 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50360 battles
  • [HU] HU

The game has changed, that's for sure.

It has shifted from strategy heavy to more of a quick twitch game.  Now on several maps, you can your team get spotted before they can load their guns, let alone clear the spawn area.

I tried Frontline again this session.  The number of uber-fast vehicles was crazy.  The others were mostly auto-loaders and Skorpions.

I do not like the changes, but others do.  I wonder if the same folk who love the quick twitch OP vehicles will stay and pay like the previous strategy-centric folk did (many of whom are putting down the game now)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users