I see Frontlines is still as broken as it ever was.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

bake3020 #1 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 134 battles
Wonder why there are only 50 people in the queue?  The mode is still broken and hosed up like last time(s).  Still way to much arty and airstrike available for everyone to use, defending combatants are still allowed to go behind attackers spawn areas and into areas that have already be captured, same problems still exist with the capture points that have always existed, and so forth.  Just like Homefront, they have managed to take a good idea and turn it into a tragedy.  Good luck to all those jockeys that want to play that trash, but I wont.  Call me what you want or what you will, but I'm the not as dumb as those that keep playing and keep on complaining.  It didn't take me long to figure it out and I didn't invest more than an hour in this trash.  Have fun and happy tanking.

The_Pink_Panther #2 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 86 battles
+ 1 for telling the truth.

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

They broke it the second they decided to make money off of it instead of using it to draw new players.  BY THE WAY - your "50" in the queue was generous. Last night it was "13" when I thought about logging in at 9 PM.

I decided not to. 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Aug 20 2019 - 18:26.

PapioTitan #4 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45392 battles
Playing the C/F corridor and watching the middle and left flank attackers roll thru the caps and defeat the objectives before C and F are taken is getting old. 

WhineMaker #5 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Aug 20 2019 - 09:24, said:

They broke it the second they decided to make money off of it instead of using it to draw new players.

Oh the horror, a business is trying to make money, instead of pandering to the freemium players... :ohmy:

Markd73 #6 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postbake3020, on Aug 20 2019 - 17:18, said:

Wonder why there are only 50 people in the queue?  The mode is still broken and hosed up like last time(s).  Still way to much arty and airstrike available for everyone to use, defending combatants are still allowed to go behind attackers spawn areas and into areas that have already be captured, same problems still exist with the capture points that have always existed, and so forth.  Just like Homefront, they have managed to take a good idea and turn it into a tragedy.  Good luck to all those jockeys that want to play that trash, but I wont.  Call me what you want or what you will, but I'm the not as dumb as those that keep playing and keep on complaining.  It didn't take me long to figure it out and I didn't invest more than an hour in this trash.  Have fun and happy tanking.

Good.

This makes for more dynamic gameplay IMHO

Buttknuckle #7 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 51272 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

Not all game modes are for everyone. So if you don't enjoy it don't play. Complaining about how its not exactly right for you is silly. Clearly there is no way for WG to adjust this mode in a way that will make everyone happy. For example: I disagree with the OPs complaint that "defending combatants are still allowed to go behind attackers spawn areas and into areas that have already be captured" is a bad thing.

While I think the mode/mission is a bit too grindy, I think the mode still provides a nice alternative to randoms and is tolerable in small quantities. So I play a few games a day and stop when it gets frustrating or repetitive.

HeavyMetalSix #8 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54977 battles

I've opted out of 2 if not 3 rounds by now b/c it's more World of Donkeys than Tanks:

Edited by HeavyMetalSix, Aug 20 2019 - 18:54.

Desert_Fox_1969 #9 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 18:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35359 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Still make plenty of credits on FL. Thank you WG. 

LeaveIT2Beaver #10 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostWhineMaker, on Aug 20 2019 - 12:36, said:

Oh the horror, a business is trying to make money, instead of pandering to the freemium players... :ohmy:

Whoa, hold it there snarky bubba!
 I am ALL for WG making money. I have NO issue with that at all, and I buy their products. That is what pays their bills - profits!
My point is that FL mode could have been used to DRAW players instead of jumping up and throwing the monetization on it. The first round of FL was a huge success. I raved about it and played it a LOT.

Then someone at WG had a bright idea - and mucked it up. 

I just do not like the changes in FL - so I do not play it. But I still buy WG products and enjoy the games!

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Aug 20 2019 - 19:25.

Playz4Free #11 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1664 battles
It's not for you, cool, you do you and play what you enjoy. I like the mode personally, it's a nice place to grind stock tier 8 tanks, train fresh crews, and make credits. Not counting the other stuff they throw in for prestiging. Can't wait for the new map next episode.

YANKEE137 #12 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 20:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 13888 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

This year they turned it into their monthly push to sell premium tanks. I guess it works- all you see are Skorpions, Progettos, Defenders and EBRs. Tech tree tanks are uncommon at best.  I think the game play has suffered from neglect and that's not us whining : it's WG putting fast bucks over long term profitability (by keeping players happy).  I also think that most of their personnel resources that could be fixing maps are all redirected to getting their FPS shooter ready and their Fantasy RPG ready to launch. As if the market isn't saturated with those games already. 

Good luck with that.

Edited by YANKEE137, Aug 20 2019 - 20:16.

UnitG2 #13 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32163 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Aug 20 2019 - 10:23, said:

Then someone at WG had a bright idea - and mucked it up.

Yup, my experience exactly. Got a bunch of former lan party gamers to download and try again "cuz it doesnt suck this time" and boy was I wrong. People Waiting 5 mins in game cuz they only got 1 tank. What a joke. They let me know the game still sucked.

ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 74397 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I hit max prestige yesterday by mid-afternoon.  I'm up about 6m credits.  I'm enjoying a reprieve from Abbey, Airfield, Ensk, Paris, Himmels, Ruinberg, Mt Pass, Kharkov, Pilsen and Mannerheim Line.

When one hits max prestige so quickly, one can just herpaderp around, enjoying the extra space, and the meme-tastical chat - or, now one can even turn chat off finally in the mode!

Winning, Ranking, neither important to me the rest of the week.  Just respite from tiny crappy corridor maps.

Oh, and regardless of what the queue size is, I haven't had any issues getting into a battle, even with 3k total on the server yesterday morning.  But then I don't pick arty...

DomoSapien #15 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 21:50

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14722 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostYANKEE137, on Aug 20 2019 - 13:15, said:

I also think that most of their personnel resources that could be fixing maps are all redirected to getting their FPS shooter ready and their Fantasy RPG ready to launch. As if the market isn't saturated with those games already. 

Good luck with that.

Caliber and Pagan are designed by completely different teams, in completely different offices than WoT PC. 

We have a product-based organizational structure. The WoT PC team is developed by WoT PC staff in the WoT PC office (Minsk). 

Not to detract from all the perfectly valid feedback in this thread, of course, but other products are not creating a lack of dev talent in the WoTPC product group.

Personally I think FL could benefit from strict class-limits for SPG's over the entire team (vs just per-flank) and a redesign for FL Experience earnings that doesn't revolve entirely around making General every game. It's created a distinct farming meta, where games are intentionally being drawn-out to maximum battle time in order to guarantee people the ability to make general in time (versus players actively trying to win and complete objectives.)

A ~33% reduction in the amount of XP required to prestige would be nice as well. 

Also, doing away with the silly/expensive rental system in favor of giving folks a few FL rentals for free like in the FL Beta season would encourage newer players to give it a shot. 

That's just my opinion, though.

dont_ping_me #16 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 83833 battles

When they first released this mode it was fun, because it was easy to play and get a bunch of free stuff with a reasonable amount of effort.

For the current season, they turned it into a grind-fest. I know the Russian culture is such that a hard life is good, but here in the USA, we want everything to come easy. So for US players, they have taken the fun out of the mode, whereas in Russia they are loving it.

TeamTerrible #17 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 22:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 20 2019 - 15:50, said:

We have a product-based organizational structure. The WoT PC team is developed by WoT PC staff in the WoT PC office (Minsk).

That's just my opinion, though.

YANKEE137 #18 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 22:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 13888 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Thanks Domo, don't know if I'm convinced, but thanks.  

iiNSaNiiTY #19 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 23:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18828 battles
I would like the targets to be unlocked as the attackers progress, so the attackers would be forced to capture all the bases to unlock all the targets, this would give extra time for the game and would be a win for everyone, it is a good way but it becomes boring being the same map (I don't know why it takes so long to bring the new map) and I have no problem with the players in the queue, in less than 1 minute a battle is ready for me.

ThePigSheFlies #20 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 74397 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postdont_ping_me, on Aug 20 2019 - 16:12, said:

When they first released this mode it was fun, because it was easy to play and get a bunch of free stuff with a reasonable amount of effort.

For the current season, they turned it into a grind-fest. I know the Russian culture is such that a hard life is good, but here in the USA, we want everything to come easy. So for US players, they have taken the fun out of the mode, whereas in Russia they are loving it.

I'm not in Russia, am not of Russian descent, and have never been.  I don't find FL a grind.  Playing the constant stream of tiny, congested, funnel 8 year old maps over and over is a grind.  And frankly, in those regular pubby battles when the map rotation gets stuck on them, my aggro level goes up to near yolocidal levels, and if it sticks I just log off.  I've logged off in the middle of bizarre win streaks because the map rotation killed the entertainment value for me.

I also don't like things "easy".  Easy, is what kills games.  The moment cheat codes get released for games, people stop playing them.  Think back to the old IDDQD god mode in the original Doom.  Once things become easy, there's nothing left to achieve.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users