I see Frontlines is still as broken as it ever was.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #41 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 37050 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postbake3020, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:18, said:

Wonder why there are only 50 people in the queue?  The mode is still broken and hosed up like last time(s).  Still way to much arty and airstrike available for everyone to use, defending combatants are still allowed to go behind attackers spawn areas and into areas that have already be captured, same problems still exist with the capture points that have always existed, and so forth.  Just like Homefront, they have managed to take a good idea and turn it into a tragedy.  Good luck to all those jockeys that want to play that trash, but I wont.  Call me what you want or what you will, but I'm the not as dumb as those that keep playing and keep on complaining.  It didn't take me long to figure it out and I didn't invest more than an hour in this trash.  Have fun and happy tanking.

Of course the queue is low, as soon as there's 54 non arty in queue, a battle drops in.....There's no wait if there's 54 non-arty....

GeorgePreddy #42 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Aug 20 2019 - 19:42, said:

I'm not in Russia, am not of Russian descent, and have never been.  I don't find FL a grind.  Playing the constant stream of tiny, congested, funnel 8 year old maps over and over is a grind.  And frankly, in those regular pubby battles when the map rotation gets stuck on them, my aggro level goes up to near yolocidal levels, and if it sticks I just log off.  I've logged off in the middle of bizarre win streaks because the map rotation killed the entertainment value for me.

I also don't like things "easy".  Easy, is what kills games.  The moment cheat codes get released for games, people stop playing them.  Think back to the old IDDQD god mode in the original Doom.  Once things become easy, there's nothing left to achieve.

I totally agree.  OP titled this thread:

I see Frontlines is still as broken as it ever was.

GeorgePreddy #43 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postbake3020, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:40, said:

Truth is, your one of, if not the biggest WG Kool aide drinker the NA Server has.  I find it very funny and entertaining that you always take their side and agree with them on everything. Enjoy

I find it funny that you lamely attempt to personally offend and insult me, poor you, it's sad that you are so negative minded that you can't stand to see anyone having great enjoyment from this amazingly wonderful video game.

ezz_wing #44 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 08:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41719 battles
  • [EWC] EWC

View PostYANKEE137, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:15, said:

This year they turned it into their monthly push to sell premium tanks. I guess it works- all you see are Skorpions, Progettos, Defenders and EBRs. Tech tree tanks are uncommon at best.  I think the game play has suffered from neglect and that's not us whining : it's WG putting fast bucks over long term profitability (by keeping players happy).  I also think that most of their personnel resources that could be fixing maps are all redirected to getting their FPS shooter ready and their Fantasy RPG ready to launch. As if the market isn't saturated with those games already. 

Good luck with that.

agree with u  u can only see Skorpions, Progettos, Defenders and EBRs.  etc all prem tanks

and another player suffering  tech tree tanks really useless  

i hate  wot for now bcz unfair to play

what about fun for all 

what about if u can't buy prem tank ?

ezz_wing #45 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 08:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41719 battles
  • [EWC] EWC

View PostMountainLion1, on Aug 21 2019 - 01:55, said:

The Frontline battles seem to be getting shorter, I was just able to play 4 battles while using one 60 minute credit booster. When Frontline first started you could get 2-3 battles with that booster, the battles are ending noticeably quicker. This battle mode is great for building up credits and I hope Wargaming keeps Frontline in the game, all it really needs is a couple more maps in the rotation to add a little variety. See y’all on the battlefield.

u mak credit by prem tank+prem day+credit booster and another player suffering by a useless tank in teech tree

nastykiller92 #46 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 16:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22369 battles
Way to make it better is fix the glitches (I freeze a good chunk when using the overhead prospective and my spawn in takes 2-5 seconds though I have 40+ FPS on low settings (doesn't change in minimal on the spawning and freezes, the invisible rocks as the extra bit on the northwest corner of the cap is still there, bots are playing a lot as I shouldn't see 10 heavies tanks all sniping like TDs, even T34 FLs, IS-6s, VKs, Defenders, IS-3As, Emils, and AMX 50 100s sniping in the back of the map when attacking. The spawns are still broken and the spawn for E for defense was moved and it is even worse as you get destroyed if D is taken as you still spawn in the top left of E. I had, multiple times, when C has 12 enemies on its line, we spawn closer to F than the C/F border. If I turned around and went to F cap, I bet I would be there within 10 seconds in a Pershing. I seems the main rock there everyone uses to cap A seems to cover less now compared to last mouth. Even RNG seems worse in Frontlines than random battles (fires 4 shots on a ferdi that is on the move, shot is being lead just right. one goes over it, next goes into the water at the bottom of my aim, next goes into the side and the last goes over the front above the gun and I'm not moving and in a T32 with the 105 gun and he is just outside of the circle for me to spot him, but in the circle for me to see him if spotted by a teammate) Prevent anyone that does not have a researched tier 8 from being unable to play frontlines as I do bet there are a lot of bots and people that just started playing it, making it a worse experience for the seasoned players.

Edited by nastykiller92, Aug 23 2019 - 16:33.

GRINCH7777 #47 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 02:31

Captain

• Players
  • 47843 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View Postbake3020, on Aug 20 2019 - 11:18, said:

Wonder why there are only 50 people in the queue?  The mode is still broken and hosed up like last time(s).  Still way to much arty and airstrike available for everyone to use, defending combatants are still allowed to go behind attackers spawn areas and into areas that have already be captured, same problems still exist with the capture points that have always existed, and so forth.  Just like Homefront, they have managed to take a good idea and turn it into a tragedy.  Good luck to all those jockeys that want to play that trash, but I wont.  Call me what you want or what you will, but I'm the not as dumb as those that keep playing and keep on complaining.  It didn't take me long to figure it out and I didn't invest more than an hour in this trash.  Have fun and happy tanking.

.....whats wrong is the wheeled lights which are the only vehilces which have the speed top get into the rear ares and cover enough ground to make it worthwhile......the wheeled lights need to be nerfed and we need another FL map.

sailorboy7982 #48 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 04:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22093 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View PostDerJager, on Aug 20 2019 - 19:21, said:

Second, the mode is very unfriendly to heavy tanks in the current guise. Too many light and wheeled tanks has drastically increased average speeds, and so now you really need to be fast to either meaningfully contribute, OR make a high rank.

When I play, I start out in a MT since you never know if you will attack or defend until it starts. If I knew that I was going to defend I would start out in a HT. Anyway, now the only time I use a HT is when defending or attacking the last line of defense. To many times when in a HT I respawn to far back in the next zone to do anything. I haven't played much this time because of some of the reasons mentioned above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users