I see Frontlines is still as broken as it ever was.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

mystaajenkins #21 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 00:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23767 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:50, said:

Caliber and Pagan are designed by completely different teams, in completely different offices than WoT PC. 

We have a product-based organizational structure. The WoT PC team is developed by WoT PC staff in the WoT PC office (Minsk). 

Not to detract from all the perfectly valid feedback in this thread, of course, but other products are not creating a lack of dev talent in the WoTPC product group.

Personally I think FL could benefit from strict class-limits for SPG's over the entire team (vs just per-flank) and a redesign for FL Experience earnings that doesn't revolve entirely around making General every game. It's created a distinct farming meta, where games are intentionally being drawn-out to maximum battle time in order to guarantee people the ability to make general in time (versus players actively trying to win and complete objectives.)

A ~33% reduction in the amount of XP required to prestige would be nice as well. 

Also, doing away with the silly/expensive rental system in favor of giving folks a few FL rentals for free like in the FL Beta season would encourage newer players to give it a shot. 

That's just my opinion, though.

The XP to prestige is what made the mode painful.  The first year FL was completely different and didn't feel like a job.  A 33% reduction would go a long ways making this mode a bit more fun.

UvBeenTrumped #22 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 00:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64486 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Sorry to kill your buzz but there are more players playing FL than there are complaining about it. If anything they have too little airstrikes and arty. But my opinion like most everyone else just falls on deaf ears.

Jolly33 #23 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 00:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44224 battles
Perpetual whining is not the same thing as valid feedback.

MountainLion1 #24 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 00:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24841 battles
The Frontline battles seem to be getting shorter, I was just able to play 4 battles while using one 60 minute credit booster. When Frontline first started you could get 2-3 battles with that booster, the battles are ending noticeably quicker. This battle mode is great for building up credits and I hope Wargaming keeps Frontline in the game, all it really needs is a couple more maps in the rotation to add a little variety. See y’all on the battlefield.

GeorgePreddy #25 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I'm having tons of funz in FL... just as I always do.

I run amok in many diverse tanks, some I am grinding to unlock the tier 9 in their line and others are prem tanks for maximizing credits and fun.

It's a laid back, ez kind of play compared to the "seriousness" of pubs and klown wars.

Thank you, WG, for a great battle mode !!

bake3020 #26 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 01:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 20 2019 - 20:50, said:

Caliber and Pagan are designed by completely different teams, in completely different offices than WoT PC. 

We have a product-based organizational structure. The WoT PC team is developed by WoT PC staff in the WoT PC office (Minsk). 

Not to detract from all the perfectly valid feedback in this thread, of course, but other products are not creating a lack of dev talent in the WoTPC product group.

Personally I think FL could benefit from strict class-limits for SPG's over the entire team (vs just per-flank) and a redesign for FL Experience earnings that doesn't revolve entirely around making General every game. It's created a distinct farming meta, where games are intentionally being drawn-out to maximum battle time in order to guarantee people the ability to make general in time (versus players actively trying to win and complete objectives.)

A ~33% reduction in the amount of XP required to prestige would be nice as well. 

Also, doing away with the silly/expensive rental system in favor of giving folks a few FL rentals for free like in the FL Beta season would encourage newer players to give it a shot. 

Domo, Frontlines time has come and gone, especially since the Minsk team keeps destroying what was once a decent mode.  I do not understand why they don't listen to sound reasoning but instead keep going the direction they are.  If they would fix the issues I detailed in my OP, that would be a great start to making progress but who am I kidding.  They don't care about what we really think, it all boils down to what the RU and it's player base wants but as history has demonstrated, that is not good for this game and caused a great falling away, especially on the NA Server.  When they are left with almost nothing then maybe they will make constructive changes and really fix the entire game, like they should have to begin with.

bake3020 #27 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 01:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:04, said:

I run amok in many diverse tanks, some I am grinding to unlock the tier 9 in their line and others are prem tanks for maximizing credits and fun.

It's a laid back, ez kind of play compared to the "seriousness" of pubs and klown wars.

Truth is, your one of, if not the biggest WG Kool aide drinker the NA Server has.  I find it very funny and entertaining that you always take their side and agree with them on everything. Enjoy

LeaveIT2Beaver #28 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 02:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 20 2019 - 15:50, said:

First release of FL - I raved about it - played it all the time. Then they mucked it up. WG has to admit that wheelies changed the dynamics of FL 100%

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Aug 21 2019 - 02:25.

UnitG2 #29 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32143 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 20 2019 - 16:04, said:

View Postbake3020, on Aug 20 2019 - 16:40, said:

Truth is, your one of, if not the biggest WG Kool aide drinker the NA Server has.  I find it very funny and entertaining that you always take their side and agree with them on everything. Enjoy

Except all valid points. Diverse and less serious. And hes having fun.

DerJager #30 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:21

Major

• Players
  • 5979 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

For me, the biggest thing that kills frontline for me is that nobody cares about winning, as has been said by others, the emphasis is on simple damage output. This is a horrible idea. 

Second, the mode is very unfriendly to heavy tanks in the current guise. Too many light and wheeled tanks has drastically increased average speeds, and so now you really need to be fast to either meaningfully contribute, OR make a high rank.

Additionally survivability is inherently decreased, as the ability to repair and reload is severely reduced. 

Playing heavies, highest I got was colonel.

Third, part and parcel with part two, is that the bonus are disproportionately effective against heavy tanks. 

YANKEE137 #31 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I would like to know who decided to make the grind reward tank a tier 9 ? It can't be used in Frontline, It can't be used for Ranked Battles, Grand battles or Clan stuff. It's like giving someone a car with no wheels and telling them to focus on enjoying the radio!

MagillaGuerilla #32 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 11:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25856 battles

View Postbake3020, on Aug 21 2019 - 01:40, said:

George is really Serb, just so you know.

rawdawg13 #33 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 12:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 9650 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-
Im a fan of frontline ..I noticed a lot of new tankers playing FL last night, which is great.. Frontline was really bad last night? Lag ,disconnects ,sound effects a mess?  Im not asking for anything for free.. WG , can you please fix this?  THANKS..

YANKEE137 #34 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

So after all this I had to play one to see for myself. There was no wait at 9 Eastern.  The usual suspects:  The crazy cars, the arty dumps and the guy trying to give everyone in all three zones orders.  Those guys start out nice but slide into anger and madness by the halfway point.  By that halfway point you start to hear from the guys trying to prolong the game so they can get damage. By the endgame a dozen salty dudes are swearing in the chat about whatever. The arty guy is mad because a car killed him and "my team left me to die !"  Another is mad because : "Let them cap C!". Nobody made General, and if I repeated the verbatim chats I would get forum banned. 

Putting aside the staleness of the one map, it really surprises me that they don't seem to care that they've got a chaos game mode that is rage inducing for a lot of players. 

Carde #35 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 21:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59683 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
I think (shocker) that we need to limit the amount of wheeled vehicles per side.  Not scout tanks, wheeled vehicles, which are zerging every match like a swarm of  turdy bees, immediately killing the objectives, and reminding us what everyone hates about them.  I should also mention that we're way past the point of "collecting data" on wheeled cars,  and there should already be other nations lines for us to choose from.  This is like when they introduced autoloaders but only French autoloaders, except that the time taken for other nations to receive their turn is even more unfairly long.

Buttknuckle #36 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 51229 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

View Postbake3020, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:40, said:

I really don't understand the animosity. If he accepts the game for what it is and expresses getting enjoyment from it, why does that make him a shill?

Conversely, what I don't understand are the people that only come here to complain about how everything in the game is awful but still continue to play it.

ShmeeCow #37 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28891 battles
  • [TAW] TAW
I want to like the mode, I want to like the game, but recently the meta has gotten pretty bad. IMO the meta needs to change back to heavies and TDs, ASAP. Way too many fast moving cancers running around. Makes the game much less fun for a TD player, never mind the maps and limited draw range.

UvBeenTrumped #38 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64486 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostYANKEE137, on Aug 20 2019 - 20:47, said:

I would like to know who decided to make the grind reward tank a tier 9 ? It can't be used in Frontline, It can't be used for Ranked Battles, Grand battles or Clan stuff. It's like giving someone a car with no wheels and telling them to focus on enjoying the radio!

If you can get high enough prestige there is a tier 8 premium also. Plus there aren't many tier 9 premium tanks. So why not a tier 9? There are plenty of other reward and premium tier 10 for CW's, Ranked and whatever else you want to use them for.

Mojo_Riesing #39 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 15:50

Captain

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

While i agree there are some things in Frontline that need tweaking or out right changing...for me, it is THE mode to play. If Frontline ran continuously i don't think i'd hardly ever play Randoms.  It is the ONLY mode in the game that lets all tanks play like what their class is supposed to be.  Mediums have room to flank, TD's can control zones with targeted fire, lights can truly roam the battlefield scouting AND wreaking havoc behind lines...heavies do what they were designed to...take territory while dealing and accepting punishment.  In Frontline SPG's move from sniper to support modes by being able to lurk WAY behind and advancing front. 

What needs fixing? I'm sure some will disagree or add more

1. Someone among the devs needs to decide what the goal of a match is.  Either kill the objectives or be a damage farm. I actually don't care which it is, but it needs to be one or the other.
  2. Re-adjust how the combat reserves are allocated in the classes.  All classes should have (and be limited to) one "offensive" one "defensive" reserve.  The only exceptions should be lights and SPGs who should have two DEFENSIVE (smoke/recon) options.
  3. The limits on how many players can be in a zone needs to be adjust DOWN some.
  4. Wheelies should be a class of their own (in all game modes) and this would allow a limit on how many can be in a match, like SPGs.  Two per zone would be fine.
  5. The grind to Prestige rewards seems excessive but its not like i want most of those tanks anyway.
  6. Some of the data from combat does not calculate  right.  I look at my vehicles individually and get a # of "kills" that does not match, and is greater than, the main summary screen. 

GeorgePreddy #40 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Aug 21 2019 - 07:03, said:

George is really Serb, just so you know.

Nope, I wouldn't even WANT to be Serb... I have more money than Serb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users