Game is dying

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #41 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:53

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:46, said:

Well you (GeorgePreddy) are one of those [edited] who claim to know the truth but can't grasp basic maths  (my math skills are very fine, thank you, and my memory is excellent and I've been here more than 6 months longer than you have and there have never been more than 50k on any combo of NA servers.). Scroll up to the articles I provided and grab a calculator. In 2015, way past WoT golden age, there were 35k-ish on the NA-East and 15K-ish on the NA-West. That means that once the decline was well in progress, there were 50k+ players at peak hours.

So let me reitarate it for you: You're a troll and you're easily debunked.

... about those server stats for NA that you linked, the East one says that the record for most people playing on NA East was 34,000, which was taken on the 9th of May, 2015. And the West one claims that the record for NA West was 13,000, taken on the 27th of June, 2017 (two whole years after the NA East record, funny that). Add 34,000 and 13,000 together, you have 47,000. That's less than half your initial claim of 110,000+. I'm sorry but those sources that you provided do NOT back your story up at all. You're an idiot, fin.

Borrowed the above from a guy that "gets it", unlike you.

Also, I admit to having more than 1 account, but I am not any of the accounts you mentioned (nice try), and when I use an alt account, I always claim it... not ashamed of any of them and I don't need to use more than one in threads to make my point.

Lexers615 #42 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View PostBlocksupstudios, on Aug 20 2019 - 23:31, said:

"mod apologist troll patrol" that's a not bad name, i'll use it next time

how did effective dmg get reduced by 60%? is it from you or did you collect that from a bunch of randoms?

ammoracking can also be done by luck instead of aimbotting, but i'll take your word for it. after all, being called an aimbotter for ammoracking a leopard is always fun

wait, are the "mod apologist troll patrol" supposed to be supporting the mods or making fun of the mods being non-existent?

The 60% is a wild estimate from the time I started playing up to today. However, when they introduced stunning and revamped Artie's splash, arties actual DMG went down quite a lot, and the actual % is nearly impossible to say as they are multiple mechanisms involved (Raw DMG, splash dissipasion, shielding angle for partially exposed targets, and most notably, drastic change in the shells dispersion partern in arty mode. So yeah I estimate it went down by 60%.

I know ammoracking happens randomly. But at tier VII and +, if you don't have skills or equipment to reinforce your ammorack, it'll steadily get damaged several time in a row as aimbotter will constantly have a gold round go through the purposely set up window. (a,k,a, "weakspot"). Once your ammorack is damaged, next shell in it will often detonate it. Normal people controlling their tank and gun with the mouse and keyboard have quite a hard time landing a penetrating hit against against several heavies, but aimbot knows every single "weakspot" no matter the angle you're facing the target, and most notably, doesn't have to concentrate both on driving AND aiming and shooting. So yeah having a decidated driver and only having to worry about shooting and learning all the magic weakspots by heart would nullify most of the unfair advantage aimbotting script add.

As for the mod appologist, all your replies apply. There isn't a single centralised troll patrol working on a structured hierarchy. More like the classic terrorist cell variant. Some meat puppet opperator with just troll on kids here to spread the lie that this game is cheat free. Other will troll for the fun of it (the typical sociopath/psychopath). I've even seen some simply working on a copy and paste structure in which the guy simply had a bank of personal attack and simply pasted it. The goal is simply to attain and maintain a critical mass of people believe either that cheats don't exist in WoT or that mod are only QoL stuff so that WG can justify not putting too much energy in it. Having troll patrols helps making sure kids (new commers and people that had never experienced the forum) and ordinary people don't express their thoughts against cheats as if there was a critical mass of people aware of the issue, WG would have a hard time justifying not enforcing the bogus "Fair play policy"

In other word, the troll patrol helps making sure the cronnie democracy wants a status quo, so that anyone and everyone pissed about cheating will simply stop playing instead of fighting for a change. And if you scroll up, I've told plenty times that this part of the key factors in the playerbase shrink. This and of course people that find that the game lost its appeal, but can't explain why and will just say stuff like "imbalance".

ogHaKo #43 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35048 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postalphadogg64, on Aug 21 2019 - 02:22, said:

Holy [edited], over exaggerate much bro

not going to lie I laughed at that sig for a solid 20 seconds 

Jolly33 #44 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44519 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postrokinamerica, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:17, said:

I started 2013, there was 1 server. It changed to 2 servers, (East and West) later. There were never anywhere near 60k on one or with 2 servers. Rarely half that except on special events or holidays. Of course, feel free to show proof of your imaginary numbers. 

Once they split servers I only played on west. It rarely was over 10-15k.

115k on east, stop  and just say no to drugs.

Don't confuse him with facts.  Always best to re-write history to suit your own narrative...

Lexers615 #45 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View PostogHaKo, on Aug 20 2019 - 23:41, said:

Your post sounds very biased and one sided. Doesn't explore other regions of this failing game and blames it all on just one aspect out of many, which is, as you said, "aimbotters". This would have been fine if you presented it as an opinion, but you make it sound like what you just said is the absolute truth that can't be disproven.

To address some of your points;

1.) No, arty is still a huge factor and ruins the game for a lot of players. Maybe even more so than before, because even though its initial damage per shot got halved and penetration values decreased, they increased accuracy values, decreased reload times and increased splash radius significantly, which made it so that all fast vehicles started to suffer a lot more than before, because arty doesn't even need to hit them - it basically carpet bombs a significant area. This applies to splashing vehicles behind hard cover. Not to mention 100% chance to track and kill a crew member or two, alongside the stun. Worst part is that stun severity varies, and the lighter the targets armor - the more said stun cripples their crew percentage-wise. As a side note, it is sure as hell satisfying to sometimes block 100% of the damage from some of the low-caliber artillery in superheavies with spall liners installed. One of the few good things that came out from the artillery rebalance.

2.) Yes, client-side cheats do exist and (don't quote me on this one!) see some use. I don't know the statistics of cheat use, because there is none, but to claim that cheating is rampant and is everywhere is just crazy conspiracy theory talk that I refuse to believe. There are websites like Tanks.gg that let you easily view the in-game 3D models of armor layouts of tanks, making any weakpoints extremely easy to spot and memorize, not to include all the basic knowledge that 99% of the people know like shoot the lower plate or commanders hatch, avoid shooting gun mantlet, etc. Developers even made an in-game aiming reticle glow in green, orange or red signifying your chance of penetration, which includes the shell type loaded at the moment and the effective armor of the spot you're looking at. Not saying much but it is definitely a lot easier to be informed right not where to pen various tanks than it was in 2014.

Regarding ammoracking; that's an iffy topic for me, because I don't know what aimbots are capable of. I haven't been ammoracked in a long time, but that is most likely because I haven't been playing tanks that have ammoracks in obvious spots, i.e. under the turret, to the left or right of the upper plate, or behind the lower plates. After all, ammo is a crucial component in a tank, you put as much as you can of it inside,  therefore takes up a lot of space, making it easy to hit.

3.) I have to kind of agree with what you are saying about the fair play policy, they should definitely punish the cheaters a lot harsher, i.e. no second chance, permaban the first time with the possibility of dispute through support, because there still can be false alarm due to harmless mods like in-game clock or something, and make it public so we can know our "heroes" in the face. However they won't do either of those due to the nature of the game and state the game is in right now. People invest thousands of hours in their accounts, which makes it so that those cheaters most likely won't comeback to the game to pay more money, which will further escalate the problem of continuous decline of playerbase. As far as I know there's a stable 10-13% playerbase loss per year at the moment. This game's death is inevitable, there's no denying that. But it won't die solely to cheaters, there are a lot of other factors.

You claim that they "increased" arty accuracy. I'd be curious if you'd be able to prove it. Not only have they done exactly the opposing, saying that the increased width of the area-of-effect of the stun compensated (they made a video specifically about this when they released the update following the introduction of the stun), they also reworked the shell dispersion, meaning that when an arty fires the shell can land just about anywhere at the same odds unlike the typical dispersion patterns used by the other vehicles in which the shot is more likely to hit the center than the edge. You claim they decreased arty reload. I found similar claims on the forum. Maybe they did for low tiers? I don't know. However, it still takes 55s to 65s to reload my high tier ones, and it hasn't been reduced a bit, except when I achieved the BIA perk. They also REDUCED the ammo capacity of several high tier arties. The S-51 only holds 14 rounds with the best gun, meaning you'll run out before the end of the round while also having no accuracy worth noting in arty mode but you make a great peek a boom in normal mode. This said, unless you've played hundred of rounds as an arty before the change and after the change you can't really sympathize, as I myself used to curse a lot when I was on the receiving end of an arty shell grinding a med or open top TD.

Regarding your two next paragraph, I'd encourage you to go on Youtube and check the various post about the cheats performance. (it's a strike level offense to directly link one in this forum)

Regarding your last paragraph, of course there are also other factors. But in my opinion, cheating is one of the worst. I can't support that it is, you can't support it's not, I do agree with the other factors you provide are serious issues (except regarding arties). I guess two people can never fully agree together.

Lexers615 #46 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 20 2019 - 23:53, said:

... about those server stats for NA that you linked, the East one says that the record for most people playing on NA East was 34,000, which was taken on the 9th of May, 2015. And the West one claims that the record for NA West was 13,000, taken on the 27th of June, 2017 (two whole years after the NA East record, funny that). Add 34,000 and 13,000 together, you have 47,000. That's less than half your initial claim of 110,000+. I'm sorry but those sources that you provided do NOT back your story up at all. You're an idiot, fin.

Borrowed the above from a guy that "gets it", unlike you.

Also, I admit to having more than 1 account, but I am not any of the accounts you mentioned (nice try), and when I use an alt account, I always claim it... not ashamed of any of them and I don't need to use more than one in threads to make my point.

So that's why you were offline (the online status in the WoT forum profie helps) and magically found out that I was talking about you? I want a duplicate of that crystal ball of yours! :popcorn:

Lexers615 #47 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View PostJolly33, on Aug 20 2019 - 23:56, said:

Don't confuse him with facts.  Always best to re-write history to suit your own narrative...

Yeah, better remain an uneducated troll like you attacking people claiming that the Earth is not flat... :popcorn:

alphadogg64 #48 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:11

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostogHaKo, on Aug 21 2019 - 04:55, said:

not going to lie I laughed at that sig for a solid 20 seconds 

Ha, nice

Lexers615 #49 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:11, said:

Ha, nice

It's so funny to watch you go offline on Preddy to go online on Alpha to post that repply, and the next step I assume will be to go offline on Alpha to go online on Rok, as you haven't posted with "him" in nearly a hour.

rokinamerica #50 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 5092 battles
Here I am as Rok, or am I? Or are you going CRAZY? How do you know? :teethhappy: Don't vote and more importantly, don't breed. Please. Don't.

Lexers615 #51 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View Postrokinamerica, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:17, said:

Here I am as Rok, or am I? Or are you going CRAZY? How do you know? :teethhappy: Don't vote and more importantly, don't breed. Please. Don't.

Sure troll! Too bad I had already saw it coming in the previous post! :popcorn:

E.T.A.: I'm taking screenshots of your online status indicator to keep track on your lousy attemps to pose a single individual

alphadogg64 #52 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:30

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:25, said:

Sure troll! Too bad I had already saw it coming in the previous post! :popcorn:

E.T.A.: I'm taking screenshots of your online status indicator to keep track on your lousy attemps to pose a single individual

You do you bud

Lexers615 #53 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:30, said:

You do you bud

Here, right before your latest "witty" reply. Dang, my bad, I uploaded the wrong one!

Second attempt:

Edited by Lexers615, Aug 21 2019 - 06:39.

alphadogg64 #54 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:38

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:35, said:

Here, right before your latest "witty" reply. Dang, my bad, I uploaded the wrong one!

reeeeeee

Lexers615 #55 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:38, said:

reeeeeee

I fixed it

alphadogg64 #56 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:42

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:39, said:

I fixed it

What are you doing up at midnight? Go to sleep, little one!

Lexers615 #57 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

In the meantime, your two meat puppet accounts are offline:

alphadogg64 #58 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:45

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:43, said:

In the meantime, your two meat puppet accounts are offline:

Lay off the meds

Lexers615 #59 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles

View Postalphadogg64, on Aug 21 2019 - 00:42, said:

What are you doing up at midnight? Go to sleep, little one!

Well, as I said, you are so easy to disprove!

This said, I have to agree with you on this specific point and call it a night as *I* have a job and don't live on welfare like you most likely do and *I* have to show up to work at 10am "tomorrow" or arguably "later today". Thanks for helping me prove that the typical mod apologist is a meat puppet operator, that's appreciated! :teethhappy:

alphadogg64 #60 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 06:48

Captain

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View PostLexers615, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:46, said:

Well, as I said, you are so easy to disprove!

This said, I have to agree with you on this specific point and call it a night as *I* have a job and don't live on welfare like you most likely do and *I* have to show up to work at 10am "tomorrow" or arguably "later today". Thanks for helping me prove that the typical mod apologist is a meat puppet operator, that's appreciated! :teethhappy:

Lol, starting work at 10am, so lazy

Get a real job

Edited by alphadogg64, Aug 21 2019 - 06:53.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users