A Simple Poll About Your Feelings Towards Artillery

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: A Simple Poll About Your Feelings Towards Artillery (123 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about artillery

1. Strongly Dislike (53 votes [43.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.09%

2. Dislike (13 votes [10.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.57%

3. Neither Like or Dislike (11 votes [8.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

4. Like (11 votes [8.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

5. Strongly Like (35 votes [28.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.46%

I am bad at posting

1. Yes (54 votes [40.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. Si (12 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Yes but in spanish (66 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

WIZD #21 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
You know whats worse than arty? Wheelies. An arty can't single highhandedly swing the tides of battle.

kingmeofme #22 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 05:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35470 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostWIZD, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:19, said:

You know whats worse than arty? Wheelies. An arty can't single highhandedly swing the tides of battle.

I mean, artillery can put a 1200 damage dent in half the tier 10s. If that happens to be a competent player, then they absolutely can swing the tides of battle. Not to mention that wheeled tanks are pretty well balanced, being a bit faster but having significantly worse penetration, hit points, and view range

TacoJohnHG #23 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 10:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43860 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostWIZD, on Aug 20 2019 - 22:19, said:

A good player in an EBR can turn the tides of a battle single-handedly, sure...but an average player (or worse) won't at almost any time. On the flip side, an arty player doesn't need to be particularly good at anything to hit a soft-armored tank and pen it for half its HP (or whatever was left of it). Aim at the general area of a tank, wait a few seconds to aim in, click. Sometimes they might have to lead the target a bit and then it's all in the hands of RNG. On a rare occasion, they might even have to reposition so they can shoot around that mountain or small house the enemy tank is hiding behind.

A bad player in arty can do a lot more in a battle than a bad player in an EBR can. And it's a heck of a lot easier to be pretty good at arty than it is to be pretty good in an EBR.

EBR's are definitely annoying, but at least an EBR has to get within range and within line of sight of you to see and shoot you.

WIZD #24 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postkingmeofme, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:59, said:

I mean, artillery can put a 1200 damage dent in half the tier 10s. If that happens to be a competent player, then they absolutely can swing the tides of battle. Not to mention that wheeled tanks are pretty well balanced, being a bit faster but having significantly worse penetration, hit points, and view range

I've never been hit for 1200 dmg from arty. I have been spotted right off the bat by a wheelie and lit up by the team.

WIZD #25 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostTacoJohnHG, on Aug 21 2019 - 10:33, said:

A good player in an EBR can turn the tides of a battle single-handedly, sure...but an average player (or worse) won't at almost any time. On the flip side, an arty player doesn't need to be particularly good at anything to hit a soft-armored tank and pen it for half its HP (or whatever was left of it). Aim at the general area of a tank, wait a few seconds to aim in, click. Sometimes they might have to lead the target a bit and then it's all in the hands of RNG. On a rare occasion, they might even have to reposition so they can shoot around that mountain or small house the enemy tank is hiding behind.

A bad player in arty can do a lot more in a battle than a bad player in an EBR can. And it's a heck of a lot easier to be pretty good at arty than it is to be pretty good in an EBR.

EBR's are definitely annoying, but at least an EBR has to get within range and within line of sight of you to see and shoot you.

View PostTacoJohnHG, on Aug 21 2019 - 10:33, said:

Fair enough but even a crmmy wheelie can turn the tides with good support. They can even run to the arty and kill it. Thus no more arty. Sorry don't know why it double posted your comment.

Edited by WIZD, Aug 21 2019 - 14:47.

Kharah #26 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4564 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 21 2019 - 04:21, said:

How about a simple poll about crybabies who cant handle being shot by an arty?

Its really sad..........i mean really?? how long can someone cry and expect mom to wipe your bum ??

Do you think if you cry enough about your play that someone will remove the part of the game that you cannot figure out???

Its not anyone's fault other than your own that you cannot locate a spot on a map that the arty cannot hit you

and these maps are pretty arty unfriendly and you cannot find a spot ???

To hell with your poll....stop being an idiot and everything will work out for you

This is stupid.

eraser1 #27 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 03:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19309 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostWIZD, on Aug 21 2019 - 07:41, said:

I've never been hit for 1200 dmg from arty. I have been spotted right off the bat by a wheelie and lit up by the team.

Then maybe don't drive somewhere that the entire enemy team can shoot you right at the beginning?

That's actually something you can do, unlike playing "arty safe". Remind me again, where can you play arty safe on Prok in a heavy?

alphadogg64 #28 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 04:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1163 battles

View Posteraser1, on Aug 22 2019 - 02:24, said:

Then maybe don't drive somewhere that the entire enemy team can shoot you right at the beginning?

That's actually something you can do, unlike playing "arty safe". Remind me again, where can you play arty safe on Prok in a heavy?

Oh, I know this one! You can camp at the very back on the 1 line, being completely and utterly ineffective!

WIZD #29 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 12:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Posteraser1, on Aug 22 2019 - 03:24, said:

Um I drive at the back of the map in my slow tds they can spot me from the middle of the tiny maps. Then after the team is set up they can blitzkrieg our side and everyone dies. Alternatively they get to the spot places before anyone else and gg. I guess you don't know this though since the heavies go their own way and spot for themselves.

Edited by WIZD, Aug 22 2019 - 12:39.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users