Best game of FL stopped dead in its tracks <or turrets>.

Frontline

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Imspotting #1 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33281 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5001355#frontline-imspotting-progetto_m35_mod_46

Had this gone the whole way wouldv'e been truly epic, as it was i managed 12.25k dmg with another 5k assistance/combat reserves, 11 kills grossing well over 500k creds and still almost 8 potential minutes left...

Maybe there's a performance per minute consolation prize of some sort...

OFF TOPIC

We now get tickets for frontline tiers/ prestige. Isn't this unfair to players who were already maxed prestige before this FL season and can only do 1 prestige per season. 

Also while I didn't see anyone else complaining, i personally find introducing the FL boosters 80% of the way into the grind to be totally unfair and  a slap to those who have spent time grinding earlier the fact that this is only >5% of players notwithstanding. Do it right away or don;t do it til next set of seasons. AT the very least introduce more rewards for more levels of prestige that the committed grinders can still get.

SwollenOstrich #2 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:35

Captain

• Players
  • 24915 battles

View PostImspotting, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:22, said:

We now get tickets for frontline tiers/ prestige. Isn't this unfair to players who were already maxed prestige before this FL season and can only do 1 prestige per season. 

Edit: ok, I think I understand what you are asking. Yeah, you have a point.No, it isn't unfair. They can still play as many FL games as they want, they just should be careful not to increase their prestige until the end of this week so they can stay with a full contingent of consumables. Do players get tickets for EVERY prestige and not just the first one they finish this week? Dunno. Tickets are mostly worthless anyway.

View PostImspotting, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:22, said:

Also while I didn't see anyone else complaining, i personally find introducing the FL boosters 80% of the way into the grind to be totally unfair and  a slap to those who have spent time grinding earlier the fact that this is only >5% of players notwithstanding. Do it right away or don;t do it til next set of seasons. AT the very least introduce more rewards for more levels of prestige that the committed grinders can still get.

This has indeed been addressed before, several months ago when the Asia server got x2 XP for FL and we on the NA server were wondering whether it would be available here as well.

It might be unfair, but WG has made a habit of making things easier as we go along. I recall a time when there were no 0-skill crews, no daily 10,000XP bonus missions, no regular campaigns with XP rewards and definitely no "blueprints" for unlocking tanks more easily. Is it fair that many players ground out the line the hard way while newer players can utilize all these bonuses and unlock lines a LOT more quickly?

Maybe. 

But at the end of the day, it is a game. Am I having fun and did I enjoy grinding the hard way? Sure. Well, most of it.

Unfair or not, I play on, having fun.

GenPanzer #3 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:42

Major

• Players
  • 44538 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

The tickets in FL is a temp thing for this episode and probably the next. I see it as no different as buying something and then it next month the same item is buy one get one free. Oh well.

As for the boosters, there was rumors of these back in episode 2 or 3. Granted I'm not sure anyone would have sat on their grind for hopes that the rumors would have been true, but I can analogize that to something similar in the retail industry with sales and such. I don't think anyone that is just starting is going to be able to prestige 9 times in 2 episodes; without at least putting in the same amount of time, if not more, as I did playing all 7 episodes. Good luck to them.

Imspotting #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33281 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostGenPanzer, on Aug 21 2019 - 04:42, said:

The tickets in FL is a temp thing for this episode and probably the next. I see it as no different as buying something and then it next month the same item is buy one get one free. Oh well.

As for the boosters, there was rumors of these back in episode 2 or 3. Granted I'm not sure anyone would have sat on their grind for hopes that the rumors would have been true, but I can analogize that to something similar in the retail industry with sales and such. I don't think anyone that is just starting is going to be able to prestige 9 times in 2 episodes; without at least putting in the same amount of time, if not more, as I did playing all 7 episodes. Good luck to them.

Looks like i wasn't clear enough in regards to tickets.

Let's assume that somewhere out there is a guy who really cares about these tickets (granted I have not yet been able to locate this fellow but the way its's being marketed you would assume there must be many thousands) and has already reached max prestige before this season. Now he can only get 1 season worth of tickets no matter how much FL he plays but had he not played any FL at all he can get 10 seasons worth of tickets this is in theory totally unfair to those who already grinded. 

Imspotting #5 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 04:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33281 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
A sale a few months after selling item for full price is one thing. but this is literally during the initial campaign...

SwollenOstrich #6 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 07:52

Captain

• Players
  • 24915 battles

View PostImspotting, on Aug 20 2019 - 21:54, said:

Let's assume that somewhere out there is a guy who really cares about these tickets (granted I have not yet been able to locate this fellow but the way its's being marketed you would assume there must be many thousands) and has already reached max prestige before this season. Now he can only get 1 season worth of tickets no matter how much FL he plays but had he not played any FL at all he can get 10 seasons worth of tickets this is in theory totally unfair to those who already grinded. 

I understand what you are getting at, and yes you are correct about it probably being unfair. There are probably about 5 guys in NA that are pretty ticked because they can't get as many tickets as they wanted because of this and that sucks.

They can complain themselves if it upsets them as much, and presumably since you yourself don't care about tickets, don't invite unnecessary stress. Try not to worry about it too much.

Tuzban #7 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 10:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36708 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Aug 21 2019 - 06:52, said:

I understand what you are getting at, and yes you are correct about it probably being unfair. There are probably about 5 guys in NA that are pretty ticked because they can't get as many tickets as they wanted because of this and that sucks.

They can complain themselves if it upsets them as much, and presumably since you yourself don't care about tickets, don't invite unnecessary stress. Try not to worry about it too much.

Oh, it's [redacted] annoying as [redacted].

Yes, I've maxed out Frontline prestige every season. And, yes, I've collected every possible ticket so far. I'm still far away from getting anywhere near the items from the ticket shop I want.

If I can get all the items from the ticket shop without having to grind a mode worse than Frontline, I'm happy. Until someone convinces me that's possible, I'm going to complain.

thorus08 #8 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 12:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29012 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostImspotting, on Aug 20 2019 - 22:22, said:

Isn't this unfair to players who were already maxed prestige before this FL season and can only do 1 prestige per season. 

Honestly, at this point they could have just removed the cap and allowed people to prestige to 10 if they had the time with the boosters.  The boosters were a nice gesture, but the gesture was probably only done because of the increase they added to the grind by increasing the amount of xp required to prestige.  They make some odd decisions, but I'm sure this one was mostly around the 'how do we monetize our ill-received decision to increase that grind?' mentality.  Give people a taste of free boosters...and then capitalize on ones purchased each month.

Tuzban #9 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 12:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36708 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postthorus08, on Aug 21 2019 - 11:16, said:

Honestly, at this point they could have just removed the cap and allowed people to prestige to 10 if they had the time with the boosters.

Well, the boosters double the XP gain. There's two prestige levels left. People who have maxed out so far - like myself - could easily get to prestige 10 with the boosters. You only need to spend the same time you spent in earlier seasons grinding through one level.

thorus08 #10 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 12:39

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29012 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostTuzban, on Aug 21 2019 - 06:31, said:

Well, the boosters double the XP gain. There's two prestige levels left. People who have maxed out so far - like myself - could easily get to prestige 10 with the boosters. You only need to spend the same time you spent in earlier seasons grinding through one level.

True.  I just think had they removed the cap at this point, people could 'finish the grind' and then just enjoy the mode if they want.  I know for me personally my focus is always getting general or major since there is so much emphasis on ranks and such a large discrepancy of FL XP between the ranks, once the grind is over my focus would likely change and I might enjoy the mode as I did last year.

Edited to add, I also was max prestige going in to this week, I know the mindset of focusing on ranks instead of gameplay is my own problem, but the mode and duration of the event seems designed around making people focus on ranks, it would be awful nice to finish it, even if you weren't allowed to select the last reward tank until a certain date.

Edited by thorus08, Aug 21 2019 - 12:41.

GenPanzer #11 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 44538 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT

View PostImspotting, on Aug 20 2019 - 22:54, said:

Well, maybe I wasn't clear either.

In no industry would a company reimburse someone for something that they might have done had they not done what they already did up to a certain point.

If you traveled across the country and paid all the tolls for road and bridges, but 500 miles from your destination, the government canceled all tolls, would you expect reimbursement for all the tolls you paid up to that point? I would think not.

Also tagged with Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users