Steel Hunter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rabbitlover2017 #1 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1875 battles

New event starting next Monday. 

Well I guess "new" isn't the proper term. The event( or at least a very similar version of it ) has already been introduced to the game once before, I believe last year.

Anyway, to put it straightforward, its battle royale with tanks. Its appears you chose one of three "starter" vehicles which can then be upgraded in battle by looting supply crates and the battlefield for items such as better modules, more ammo, etc. 

This game mode can be played either solo or in teams of 3, solo there are 20 players, teams of 3 there are 21. Either way, the last tank or team standing wins. The rewards for this mode aren't fully released yet, but seem to include camo, medals, badges, bonds, and credits.

Two other important things about this mode are the radar and cone-vision systems.

The radar is a special mechanic in steel hunter that allows you to instantly reveal the positions of enemy vehicles within a certain range. Note that unlike the normal spotting system, the enemy does NOT remain spotted for 10 seconds, but rather goes immediately unspotted. Keep this in mind when calculating maneuvers. Also, as soon as the radar is used, you also become instantly spotted and go immediately unspotted, so enemies will know your position and it is best to move.

The other unique mechanic is the cone-vision system. This system allows you to see enemy vehicles only within a 45 degree(?) arc in front of your gun barrel. This means you must keep you head on a swivel. Enemies can sneak up and fire at you from behind without being spotted even if they are just sitting in the open.

Also keep this in mind when shooting at enemies. It is best to wait until and enemy is looking the other way to fire to reduce the chance of being spotted. Note that upon entering 50m of each other, normal proxy-spot rules do apply and both vehicles will be automatically spotted regardless of line-of-sight obstructions, camo, spotting ability, or direction of vision. Also note that supply drops outside of your cone of vision will not appear.

That's all I've got for now, I'm sure I missed something, but anyways, see ya on the battlefield!

**Just editing in a few details i missed:

There is a "storm"(for all of u fortnite players...) that will destroy your vehicle at the end of a countdown. Just in case you weren't here for the last event and haven't ever played battle royale games before, the danger zone is like an arena boundary that closes in as the game progresses. You can enter into this "storm" and survive for a period of time that is typically shorter the further in the game you are.

Another thing that has not been totally confirmed yet(I'd appreciate if someone remembers how this worked last time) is whether or not experience works the same way. IE does it matter if u kill/damage/spot enemies or does surviving only matter? The reason I'm asking is because in the trailer video, there was a part that said something like play your way even if that means hiding until the final stand. Makes me think that maybe you only get points toward rewards based on your position and not how well you actually do.

Edited by Rabbitlover2017, Aug 21 2019 - 19:29.

FrozenKemp #2 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 52900 battles

Thanks for the summary!

PTwr #3 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 45434 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

New mode: Yay.

Battle Royale: Hmmm...

Not using garage tanks: good for fresh blood. Major bad side of FL is its "paywall" nature of domination of prem 8's.

During Conq on-track: >.<

No reward tanks: good, actually. We can play for fun rather than rewards. 

It might be fun, untill people figure out how to abuse it.

omi5cron #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 23487 battles
got to wait and see...but if you cant use your own crews/tanks to get regular game benefits...i will probably do the Homefront thing...play it once and done.im too busy usually , trying to grind crews/ tanks in regular matches. but i hope its fun for anyone who plays it.

toesave #5 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 00:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23952 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE
seems it is geared towards the preteens.....

Vulcan_Spectre #6 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 00:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4261 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
World of tanks battle royal

kapri25 #7 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 00:59

Captain

• Players
  • 19667 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
Thanks for the info. May try it out but Battle Royale...Something new (or refurbished in this case...).

Rabbitlover2017 #8 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 14:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1875 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Aug 21 2019 - 23:38, said:

got to wait and see...but if you cant use your own crews/tanks to get regular game benefits...i will probably do the Homefront thing...play it once and done.im too busy usually , trying to grind crews/ tanks in regular matches. but i hope its fun for anyone who plays it.

Yeah, but the point of a battle royale is to have a fair playing ground for everyone. Staring with your own tanks and crews would nullify that.

Porcelain_Throne_God #9 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 15:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32709 battles
  • [GT_S] GT_S

I don't really see the point of playing "King of the Hill" or "Last Man Standing".

The funny thing is that the cone of vision is actually closer to the reality of WWII tank warfare than the normal game of WoT is.

You folks enjoy this thingie. I am not sure what benefit I might derive from playing it. I am not knocking it, and yes, I tried it a few times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users