Wheeled Vehicle Suggestion Redux

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BadCorps #1 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

Wheeled vehicles have far too much module HP per wheel. The repair speed of the wheels is far to fast for what would be considered fair. Going over a pothole at 45-50 kph would f**k your tire up beyond repair. Hitting a pothole at 70--80 can destroy your struts.  A tire should definitely have exponentially less exp that a tank tread that weighs a few thousand kg. Tires are significantly less resilient than treads and the game mechanics should reflect this.

Wheelies seem to take some impressive drops or jumps and not take either substantial damage or breaking half the wheels. It takes a really long drop to immobilise or destroy a wheelie, compared to some drops that can't be more than 4 metres and wreak havoc on tanks as well as the treads. Yes I am aware that the wheelies are much less likely to land with all 8 wheels at once, but they are less likely to damage the wheels severely.

For the TLDR:
Wheels have too much HP and should not absorb as much damage as they do.

Wheels should be more easy to damage.

Pupsrus13 #2 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6553 battles

You ARE aware of the following, yes?

1. These are not your average car tires, or even tractor-trailer/semi-truck tires with reinforced steel belts. These are MILITARY-GRADE (for the era) tires, designed for high speed traversal.

2. The game devs have even stated the wheeled vehicles take reduced damage from falls (onto the suspension).

3. Most of the drivers who are using these vehicles (the ones who are actually capable of using them without crashing within 30 seconds) have Repairs trained on their entire crew. Repair kits are also a thing. Some even go the extra mile and put on suspension equipment to reduce the damage further.

4. This is an arcade game, not a realism simulator. You want realism? Play WoT's "competitor" games. Even then, there's an entire YouTube channel dedicated to compiling the 'unrealistic' parts of said games.

5. Wheels ARE easy to damage. Load HE. If you have a long reload time, you're either playing an autoloader or you're not paying attention to your minimap.

cavalry11 #3 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49385 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Wheels are terrible in game and get tired of hearing this is an arcade game no realism at all and that is what is ruining this game.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I like my wheelies... and my tier 8 EBR is a premium, so... UN-Nerfable !!

Pupsrus13 #5 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6553 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Aug 21 2019 - 14:57, said:

Wheels are terrible in game and get tired of hearing this is an arcade game no realism at all and that is what is ruining this game.

Tired of hearing it? By all means, stop playing and leave your tanks for the rest of us.

ArmorStorm #6 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:33

Major

• Players
  • 37528 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postcavalry11, on Aug 21 2019 - 07:57, said:

I Disagree completely. I think it’s the guys with a 45% win rate that are ruining the game.  Not you of course, you’re a delight. 

Markd73 #7 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:05

Major

• Players
  • 32795 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Aug 21 2019 - 13:57, said:

Is it "no realism at all" or wheels that are ruining the game? This is not clear in your post.

BadCorps #8 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 18:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View PostPupsrus13, on Aug 21 2019 - 07:50, said:

You ARE aware of the following, yes?

1. These are not your average car tires, or even tractor-trailer/semi-truck tires with reinforced steel belts. These are MILITARY-GRADE (for the era) tires, designed for high speed traversal.

2. The game devs have even stated the wheeled vehicles take reduced damage from falls (onto the suspension).

3. Most of the drivers who are using these vehicles (the ones who are actually capable of using them without crashing within 30 seconds) have Repairs trained on their entire crew. Repair kits are also a thing. Some even go the extra mile and put on suspension equipment to reduce the damage further.

4. This is an arcade game, not a realism simulator. You want realism? Play WoT's "competitor" games. Even then, there's an entire YouTube channel dedicated to compiling the 'unrealistic' parts of said games.

5. Wheels ARE easy to damage. Load HE. If you have a long reload time, you're either playing an autoloader or you're not paying attention to your minimap.

1. I'm fairly certain that a 1950s (I believe) Military Grade tire would NOT survive hitting the ground supporting a 4000kg at 70kph. You can do the math for the amount of force that would put against the struts and tires.

2. Why is the question. What makes the struts of an EBR made of vibranium vs a STRV 103B? Or a Maus?

3. But EBRs can can keep holding down W and repair WHILE MOVING. Other tanks are completely immobilised

4. Panzer Elite Action isn't too popular anymore. War Thunder isn't much better.

5. 8s in a long time when a wheelie can circle you 8-9 times and pump high pen HE into your a^^

Edited by BadCorps, Aug 21 2019 - 18:52.

BadCorps #9 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 19:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11925 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 21 2019 - 08:06, said:

I like my wheelies... and my tier 8 EBR is a premium, so... UN-Nerfable !!

You still pushed "I accept" on the End User Licence Agreement. If they want to nerf it and players want to take it to court, the players have 0% chance of winning.

A few angry Americans vs a multi-million dollar corporation.

Déjà vu.....

Edited by BadCorps, Aug 22 2019 - 19:59.

DushmanKush #10 Posted Aug 22 2019 - 23:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 8506 battles

I am done with WoT for a long time... First I stopped buying premium vehicles and now I am just not playing and telling anyone that asks my opinion. And that is that WoT has progressively ruined a decent game and the wheeled vehicles are the last nail in the coffin. A decent player just does not stand much of a chance against 2 of those things in a heavy tank when your supposed teammates cannot even look at the map to see where help is needed. Goodbye WoT you were a fun diversion but that has long since passed. I would ask who wants my account but WoT frowns on that... 

GRINCH7777 #11 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 02:33

Captain

• Players
  • 47838 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View PostBadCorps, on Aug 21 2019 - 07:28, said:

Wheeled vehicles have far too much module HP per wheel. The repair speed of the wheels is far to fast for what would be considered fair. Going over a pothole at 45-50 kph would f**k your tire up beyond repair. Hitting a pothole at 70--80 can destroy your struts.  A tire should definitely have exponentially less exp that a tank tread that weighs a few thousand kg. Tires are significantly less resilient than treads and the game mechanics should reflect this.

Wheelies seem to take some impressive drops or jumps and not take either substantial damage or breaking half the wheels. It takes a really long drop to immobilise or destroy a wheelie, compared to some drops that can't be more than 4 metres and wreak havoc on tanks as well as the treads. Yes I am aware that the wheelies are much less likely to land with all 8 wheels at once, but they are less likely to damage the wheels severely.

For the TLDR:
Wheels have too much HP and should not absorb as much damage as they do.

Wheels should be more easy to damage.

.....+1...very true...the wheeled lights can reverse direction and move agian at top speed too quickley.....hitiing them rarely impedes movement and their guns fire too fats and too accurate on the move.......I recall how constant whining and complaints resulted in not one but three arty nerfs, maybe four......its LONG OVERDUE for the wheeled lights to get nerfed ...they are vastly OP especially in Frontline..

texflash #12 Posted Sep 05 2019 - 23:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 35790 battles

I have tried using HE against these vehicles with the same effect as on tanks , i.e. not much . Doesn't slow them , gets 10-20 DP , why bother ? These things bounce Premium rounds , if you manage to hit them .

It may be an arcade game but it has to has some boundaries . These clown cars are pure science fiction . Put them back into Starcraft .

StaticWednesday #13 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 20:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25999 battles
  • [XSSX] XSSX

Wheels...good idea...gone bad...

There is no way a wheeled vehicle should be able to overpower a Heavy or Medium tank....Much less...half of an opposing team...which seems to happen all too often. 

Must me downgraded to scout status with a similar effect as light tanks...yet more mobile

TinCanHoleSnipe #14 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 19:25

Private

• Players
  • 23659 battles
  • [101BA] 101BA
How about letting us use the support machine gun mounted on each tank? Maybe 100 to 200 rounds , cut into those little ##$$?? and shred their tires and rip up their engine. Or maybe allow more splash damage from any shell landing next to them which would either rip up their tires and engine, then all those repair kits would be used more often. 

leeuniverse #15 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

I still say there are only ONE problem with Wheelies as they affect other tanks/players.

- The constant "No Damage" shots...  They need to fix this.  Though also buff their HP to compensate.

Otherwise, the actual problem with wheelies is the OTHER TANKS of the game.

- Too slow

- Rounds too slow

- Don't have the Auto-Aim (I think all tanks of the game should have the new auto-aim)

If Wargaming did these buffs a little, Wheeled would be properly balanced in relation to other tanks.

To be clear, other than Arty being too vulnerable, I "personally" don't have any issue with Wheeled that I haven't been able to ADAPT to.

Though, the no damage bouncing issue is irritating.  Otherwise, I'm simply thinking of others with the above suggestions.  I understand peoples frustrations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users