maps why odd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JONDIESATTHEEND #1 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12258 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_

I was wondering how they decide map rotation in game. Do certain times get certain maps? How many maps are usually in rotation?

The reason I am asking is because I saw someone complain about getting Paris over and over and I realized I had not gotten Paris in a while. I started paying attention and it was 4 days before I got Paris again (about 60 battles). In that same time I got Live oaks and Sand River bunches of times. 4 or 5 times I would get Live Oaks 2 times in 4 or 5 games. The same with Sand River. I always play late at night or really early in the morning because I am very rural and the internet I have has huge packet loss and ping spikes during regular hours. I am wondering if certain maps come up far more often late at night and certain maps come up far more often prime time. 

Not really a serious post because I doubt if there is a real way to know for certain but thought it was kind of interesting that I seem to be getting different map rotation than many others. I like lights and fast mediums lately so I have no complaints about the rotation I get. Oddly enough I actually kind of like Paris too. Maybe I like it because I rarely get it. Oh, and the new map Korkof or Koroff, I can not remember the name, but it is an old map the redid. I have only been on it 5 times since it has come back out and I bet I have played hundreds of battles since then.

WIZD #2 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 14:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
I believe it's a certain number of maps per hour. The next hour a new set of maps.

jeb2 #3 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50291 battles
  • [HU] HU
Thanks to the map exclusion feature, unlike Bogie, I'll never have Paris again.

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 27253 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postjeb2, on Aug 21 2019 - 06:00, said:

Thanks to the map exclusion feature, unlike Bogie, I'll never have Paris again.

Ensk and Provence have both been reportedly nuked into oblivion*.

I do hate Paris, but you have to prioritize when resources (map exclusions) are limited.

*in my client :great:

the_Deadly_Bulb #5 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 27253 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWIZD, on Aug 21 2019 - 05:40, said:

I believe it's a certain number of maps per hour. The next hour a new set of maps.

I think this is what I've read somewhere.

Not all the maps are in rotation at any given time.

OP, maps are like food, when its a map you like you wouldn't really notice if you got it 4 times in a day, but if its a map you loathe then you'll notice and hate every instance you receive it.

I ran a map logger for a long time, I never got a map more than 4 times in a typical 30 match day, and even 4 was a rarity.

It was usually 2 or maybe 3 for a couple of maps that seem to come more often, Abby and Himmelsdorf come to mind.

Turn on replays, go check them after you close the client, the maps you played and the time and dates you played them are listed.

You're likely to be surprised at the distribution.

Its not at all as bad as many post.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 21 2019 - 18:46.

jeb2 #6 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 50291 battles
  • [HU] HU

Paris and Ensk for me.

The beauty of nuking Paris is that it has no Encounter, so I do not EVER see it.

I simply hate Ensk so much that even getting rid of only the non-Encounter games makes the exclusion worth it.  Ensk should be given the Widepark tier limit.

Also tagged with maps, why, odd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users