Why does WOT customer service always start off combative, calling you stupid and a liar?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kani_Bist #1 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 15:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7993 battles

So I finished stage 3 of tank rewards yesterday ( or sometime, I redeemed it yesterday along with stage 2). So today that new VK comes out and I say hey, I'll use that 20% OFF coupon I got from tank rewards. I go to use it sand it's not there. There's a 10% (stage 1?) and a 15% (stage 2) but no 20%.

No problem thinks I, I'll just submit a ticket, they'll look and see I have no coupon, that reward is done and I didn't buy anything yesterday........

But no. I'm stupid. According to the first reply I used the 20% coupon i didn't receive yesterday on aug 13, 7 days before and according to the second reply customer service isn't in the business of giving out coupon. (I'm a liar and a thief for trying to get the reward I earned, is implied).

Folks ask why we are so negative, it's a conditioned reflex. It would be different if this was unusual, but the same thing happened LAST time I contacted support. Instead of just saying, yeah, there's a glitch, we are working on it, they ran me around, told me I was stupid, it wasn't there, ect. And in the end it was a glitch and they fixed it like one would expect (glitches happen) and the problem went away. But they wouldn't just say that, it was I'm stupid and a liar, they have NEVER heard of such a problem from anyone else I must be a mouth breathing imbecile, it's surprising someone as stupid as me could find the on switch..............

Come on people. It's not that hard. Tell the truth. Don't attack your paying customers. DON'T SEND BACK RESPONSES THAT MAKE IT OBVIOUS THAT YOU EITHER DID NOT READ THE TICKET OR YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE you are trying to help folks in.  (Damn fat fingers and caplock key, but I'm not redoing it lol).

I understand now, Tankrewards is a scam at worst or at best a buggy process that isn't worth the hassle of signing in to NOT get what they advertise.

on another note, I've been in business 40 very profitable years. If I had a good customer who spent money every week like clockwork, I would treat them with a little more respect. Hell, if they came to me with the same problem (first time in 2 years) I wouldn't even care if he was *lying* or not. I'd give him a 30% discount, especially it it was for pixel goods lol. I just was never smart enough to get folks to pay for fake stuff like tanks. But after a 2 year relationship with a customer who opens up that wallet at the drop of a hat, I'd think twice and double investigate before I EVER called them stupid or a liar..... or a thief.

Edited by Kani_Bist, Aug 21 2019 - 15:59.

Tao_Te_Tomato #2 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 27439 battles
  • [TER] TER
Hard to say, given that I've never had that experience with CS here.  They're not always able to help, and did have a timeliness issue once, but other than those bits...

ArmorStorm #3 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 37580 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Well, you didn’t post anything CS sent you and since I have had many interactions with them over the years without ever experiencing what you are claiming...I’m going to say they are probably right. 

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:05

Major

• Players
  • 37580 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Did you perhaps select a tank and try to use the coupon on the checkout screen?  They only show ELIGIBLE coupons there. 

hardicon #5 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54807 battles
yeah i redeemed my rewards yesterday and my 15 and 20 percent coupons is not working.  was thinknig the same thing use that coupon to buy the new tank and get it down to like 25 or 26 dollars.  submitted a ticket i hope they dont tell me I have used the coupon considering i have never used a coupon at all for this game.  they normally expire on me.

Sic_Transit_Gloria #6 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16216 battles

I've had multiple experiences with WG's customer support. I've never found them to be incompetent or insulting. It's likely their mistake was either not looking far enough into the issue (because an obvious answer presented itself) or not having good enough access to Tank Rewards.

What kind of language did they use in their replies? What kind of language did you use?

AlamoMelt #7 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19900 battles

To answer the question in your topic title, have you spent much time on these forums? 

I'll be here all morning...

Garandster #8 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6006 battles
I've never had an experience like yours with CS on the multiple times I've contacted them with issues or questions. Can you please post the screenshots of the ticket conversation?

g327 #9 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 16:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17112 battles

FWIW:

I have been addressing the issue of missing arty tracers in a thread on this forum.

As a matter of accuracy and transparency, I have included a cut and paste copy of CS responses and one cut and paste copy of my response.

None of our fellow commanders has questioned the veracity of those posts; however, if one did, I would simply attach a screen shot of the dialog box.

I have not experienced CS implying that I was lying or misrepresenting the facts in a ticket. I might not like the answer that they provide, but they have not behaved as you described when providing the answer.

I have also read that many fellow commanders routinely take screen shots of their garage or coupon page or purchase orders prior to submitting them as a "just in case proof" in the event that they have to deal with CS over an issue.  

LeaveIT2Beaver #10 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 17:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 37341 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Suggestion  - remove your post, condense it to three sentences, add screenshots - send a calm personal message to DomoSapien

Armadaus_Baldwin #11 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 17:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36120 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Probably because WG, as every company knows, customers lie... a lot. 

venom286 #12 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 17:42

Captain

• Players
  • 42939 battles
I have never had a problem with customer support maybe you did infact use it and did not realize it if not contact them again and try be patient 

moon111 #13 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 32348 battles

What I find funny is when people contact customer service for a company and think they're actually talking to someone employed by that said company.

Often the person you're dealing with is so far removed that if they went up several layers of management, there still wouldn't be any connection to the

actual company you're trying to deal with.  

There's no money in complaints, it's not profitable.  Even if a certain percentage of customers leave because of it.

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKani_Bist, on Aug 21 2019 - 06:58, said:

So I finished stage 3 of tank rewards yesterday ( or sometime, I redeemed it yesterday along with stage 2). So today that new VK comes out and I say hey, I'll use that 20% OFF coupon I got from tank rewards. I go to use it sand it's not there. There's a 10% (stage 1?) and a 15% (stage 2) but no 20%.

No problem thinks I, I'll just submit a ticket, they'll look and see I have no coupon, that reward is done and I didn't buy anything yesterday........

But no. I'm stupid. According to the first reply I used the 20% coupon i didn't receive yesterday on aug 13, 7 days before and according to the second reply customer service isn't in the business of giving out coupon. (I'm a liar and a thief for trying to get the reward I earned, is implied).

Folks ask why we are so negative, it's a conditioned reflex. It would be different if this was unusual, but the same thing happened LAST time I contacted support. Instead of just saying, yeah, there's a glitch, we are working on it, they ran me around, told me I was stupid, it wasn't there, ect. And in the end it was a glitch and they fixed it like one would expect (glitches happen) and the problem went away. But they wouldn't just say that, it was I'm stupid and a liar, they have NEVER heard of such a problem from anyone else I must be a mouth breathing imbecile, it's surprising someone as stupid as me could find the on switch..............

Come on people. It's not that hard. Tell the truth. Don't attack your paying customers. DON'T SEND BACK RESPONSES THAT MAKE IT OBVIOUS THAT YOU EITHER DID NOT READ THE TICKET OR YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE you are trying to help folks in.  (Damn fat fingers and caplock key, but I'm not redoing it lol).

I understand now, Tankrewards is a scam at worst or at best a buggy process that isn't worth the hassle of signing in to NOT get what they advertise.

on another note, I've been in business 40 very profitable years. If I had a good customer who spent money every week like clockwork, I would treat them with a little more respect. Hell, if they came to me with the same problem (first time in 2 years) I wouldn't even care if he was *lying* or not. I'd give him a 30% discount, especially it it was for pixel goods lol. I just was never smart enough to get folks to pay for fake stuff like tanks. But after a 2 year relationship with a customer who opens up that wallet at the drop of a hat, I'd think twice and double investigate before I EVER called them stupid or a liar..... or a thief.

1st highlight;

I'm not negative and have no issues. Please stick to speaking for yourself. You're nowhere near articulate enough to speak for me.

2nd Highlight;

Then don't.

Problem solved.

I will continue to get my free stuff and be quite satisfied.

Your experience may differ.

I care not.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 21 2019 - 18:00.

goldfinger_555 #15 Posted Aug 21 2019 - 18:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
They never called you a thief and a liar, cause you admitted it yourself when you said they "implied" it....I've had nothing but honest and positive outcomes with customer service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users