Incoming! New Game mode Steel Hunter sneak peek.

KRZY Game Mode Steel hunter Teaser

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

RHeadshot #41 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 22:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5697 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 20:58, said:

Can you be more specific on what needs to be fixed? 

Many steps have been taken this year to address many issues with the game, which is why I am asking.

Well to start, how about making your legal documentation actually read consistent with the rules as you enforce them?  As it is now, you guys just make stuff up and/or change your interpretations however and whenever you like.  The interpretation that killing blue tanks without ADDITIONAL cause was punishable was absurd and completely contrary to at least 7 years of practice.  Your rules regarding physics abuse do not match your enforcement, because you now punish for actions that are outside of your definition of physics abuse as it is currently stated in that legal documentation.  Your legal documentation still discusses your automated tk system for shooting teammates, and you haven't followed your rules that you wouldn't take tickets on team damage for at least a year.

Edited by RHeadshot, Aug 25 2019 - 23:40.

HarpoMarx #42 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 22:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 28586 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO
BORING!

nrnstraswa #43 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 22:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16401 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
It looks interesting, just as long it isn't limited like Homefront was with that ridiculous fuel can limit. 

thandiflight #44 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 23:20

Major

• Players
  • 86785 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 19:58, said:

Many steps have been taken this year to address many issues with the game, which is why I am asking. 

Are you serious? You - Wargaming - don't know what is broken in the game? How about British Light Tanks to start with? Honestly what was Wargaming thinking with these tanks? Then corridor maps, OP armour without weak points necessitating having to fire premium ammo (and then you think that premium ammo is the problem), removing the bushes that allowed light tanks to double-bush for camo (thereby making wheelies even more game-breaking for the light tank meta), etc etc. Hurr durr, let's make this game Fortnite because reasons.

Mojo_Riesing #45 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 20170 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

Ok...on one level this looks interesting, certainly some of the elements. I will try it and maybe even like it but...it's getting TOO gimicky for me at least from what i see.  I felt this way about Homefront...parts were good but overall it just did not "make" me want to keep playing.  

The difference here is Frontline (and Grand Battles) take the basic WoT game and expand it out..literally in terms of scope but with game play adjuncts that keep basic combat action at the forefront.  Homefront and now this seem to be as much, maybe more, about a lot of little hoops to jump through that aren't about armored combat.  It looks too  twitchy and frankly something for kids to play.

Like a few others, i do find it dis-heartening that WG is putting SO much time (or cash if dev is contracted out) into goofy modes that seem more like the occasional "fun" event than a serious attempt to GROW the base game and let players keep using or re-using the tank fleets they've either worked so hard to get or paid money to purchase.  In a prior post, KRZYBooP some facetiously asks "fix what?" as if any answer he might get would be some sudden revelation.  C'mon, i'm sure you're a good guy and all that but don't play users like fools here.  I get it, you're employer doesn't want you to be anything but an in-house booster but you know what was meant. 

Despite that, i'll give it a shot, but i'm not expecting much from this mode.  I'd really wish the base game was Wargaming's priority.

stalkervision #46 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 68503 battles
So what tiers can we play in it ??

RHeadshot #47 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 02:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5697 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Aug 24 2019 - 01:50, said:

So what tiers can we play in it ??

They give you 3 different tanks to use, and allow you to improve your tank during the game.  You then start the next one with a base model.

Fahlorn #48 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 02:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 38912 battles

Classic WoW launch or Steel Hunter...horrible timing

Wow wins, wife wears lingerie to play! 

ThePigSheFlies #49 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 75601 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 22 2019 - 11:07, said:

What specifically are you concerned with that needs fixing? 

wargaming's community reps are trying to continually (and fighting up hill) develop and foster a community.  a community makes people want to play together, and overcome challenges, etc.  no joke, a lot of us feel that random solo public battles are already 1 vs 29.  we've all seen the guys that afk for literally tens of thousands of battles on the redline.  they average 1 shot of damage per game over the life time of their account at best.  they fail their way to upper tiers, riding on the win bonus of those that do nearly herculean efforts to carry their dead weight.  and we're supposed to just grin and bear it and feel all communal.

and now, you bring out a game mode that is, as mentioned, battle royale.  pubg/fortenight and every other goofy game that was last year's latest flavor. that is intrinsically selfish/solo.  or, forcing people to platoon just to keep their sanity.  inherently a lot of us will hate the very notion of this game mode.  However, due to possible rewards being offered will probably pretty much be forced to play if the rewards are sufficient to put us at a competitive disadvantage later on by not playing it (bonds?, improved equipment?)

I already skipped your PvE mode, in large part because I LOATHE the stupid tiny maps it featured...

I enjoyed the novelty of chaffee races.  - the forums, and even your NA streams have folks asking when it's coming back 

I enjoyed the novelty, and then unheard rewards of 8bit tanks (those crews before lady crews came out were wow) - the forums, and even your NA streams have folks asking when it's coming back

I even enjoyed the novelty of karl. - the forums, and even your NA streams have folks asking when it's coming back

soccer.  meh.  especially due to the number of folks that would queue up go afk, or grief - not sure I've ever seen anyone overwhelming state here on the english forums that they were a huge fan of it, or when is it coming back.  commander soccerstudwhat'shisname was a cool reward, but oooof it was painful given the issues with the players

8ball lunar lava ball or whatever it was called?  not fun. - same here, never heard or seen anyone waxing nostalgic about it.

I'm honestly not sure if I will give this PubGinTanksMode a try or not.  It may prove a better use of my time working 279e missions...

TankGremlin #50 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 14:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40242 battles

If my memory serves me right, they had this game mode a few years back already, I think I played it once or twice and abandoned it. :)

It was not as fun as it sounded like, I'll give it a shot again as the last time they had it I was a noob.... Now I am a noob+, so it should be more fun. LOL

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #51 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 41405 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
would be a good time to test getting rid of that stupid Proxy spotting...

XturbohawkX #52 Posted Aug 24 2019 - 17:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26182 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 20:58, said:

REmove RNG!!! No need for it if it's truly a game of skill!

HELIONIST #53 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 00:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13029 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Trash after trash but nothing new coming from WG.

shadismad #54 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 13:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14973 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
I must be missing something. Platoons in an FFA mode?

RHeadshot #55 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 15:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5697 battles

View Postshadismad, on Aug 25 2019 - 13:07, said:

I must be missing something. Platoons in an FFA mode?

Except it appears they play against platoons only.  Just waiting for them to try to drop into the same battle and act like platoons.  We know it's coming.

Canadian_Mano #56 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35992 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 15:58, said:

Maybe WGNA Staff interaction with the community more than once a day or every other day could help resolve some issues in communication between players and WG? That would require a modicum of effort or care about the community though, which is plain to see WGNA doesn't have.

Diacom #57 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 17:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31828 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 12:58, said:

KRZY,

Lets start with there hasn't been a crew training/retraining for credits sale in about 3 years or so now.

SPG round costs have never been adjusted to accommodate less damage which means less credits earned per shot.

RNG was made worse and has never been corrected back to it's original iteration.

Wheeled tanks receiving multiple "critical" hits but never slowing down or stopping and can repair on the fly and have what on any other tank is an illegal aim bot mod.

We still have no idea what is upcoming for the next month, let alone the next week until well after an event has started.  There is no reason why the monthly calendar can't be used properly with upcoming events on just ongoing or oh btw we are now running events...

Credit income was nerfed years back in preparation for personal reserves.  Income should not be dependent on reserves.  Income should be put back to its original formulas.

While on the Credit income issues, and add XP to this, since the change to MM and the likely hood of not facing higher tier tanks, we no longer receive the bonuses for facing higher tiers like we used too, basically causing another reduction in xp/credits.

The bait and switch issues that occur with events.  The Action X during Christmas is one that strongly comes to mind.  It was to be offered for gold, but after the initial few hours was changed to cash sale only.

The continual addition of OP premium tanks that power creep the hell out of regular tiered tanks.  The issue of course is that WG stated that a fully researched tank of the same tier would always be better than a similar premium tank.  However, the Defender and other tanks like it say otherwise.

The tank data listed on the right side of the garage, I think it was called the "simplified" version is still garbage.  No one asked for it.  I would like the option as requested back when this simplified version came out to have the older better layout back.

The XP earned on a tank not staying with the tank when WG decides to modify and change tiers for the tank.  Specifically when the "light" tank change came about.  This was the first time that xp stayed at tier and did not follow the tank it was earned on when the tank was moved tiers.  Up to that point, xp earned on a vehicle always stayed with the vehicle when it moved.

Light tanks were nerfed compared to other tanks when "rebalanced" for the new MM/Tier requirements.  I know I've seen quite a few complaints about this issue after the rebalance was done.

We'd like to have our T-50-2 back in its original form, not this gimped version free premium crap you've pushed on us.  I earned that tank by working my way through the Russian light line.  Then it was removed "supposedly" because it would not work with the "new" physics being introduced.  The replacement tank was garbage.  Made even worse once the aforementioned light tank change came about.  Now we know that it would have been fine with the "new" physics because it behaved the same as the new French light tanks short the actual wheels.  You know, it could be stopped by being tracked.  That and it didn't come with the illegal aim bot mod.

Map rotation, while it has improved, is still bad.  Not to mention the number of maps still gone is atrocious.  Even with broken issues, many of the older removed maps had better play than the newer maps and the "reworked" for HD maps you folks have pushed out.  To be honest, there is maybe one reworked map that was improved, and I'd have to really think about which one it was, but all the rest are worse now in their HD version than their original version. I still count at least 14 maps no longer being used.  This isn't counting the 2nd version of any existing map, winter versions for example.

Does this give you enough to get started?

But hey, you guys keep adding in the little gimmicky crap from other games, Dog Tags come to mind, and not actually work on issues like the ones above.  Keep your head in the sand that way you can keep asking what needs fixed rather than see what players on the forums have been telling you about over the years.

Buttknuckle #58 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 51788 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 19:58, said:

If you're looking for suggestions I'll add: Replace the grossly inefficient new mission UI. Or at least allow an option to revert to the old one.

thandiflight #59 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 11:03

Major

• Players
  • 86785 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 22 2019 - 16:07, said:

Kool-aide is for kids. This is a Teen game. Monster, Mountain Dew, Code red, Surge, and maybe some Whiskey for some of players. Never Kool-aide alone. 

What specifically are you concerned with that needs fixing? 

Umm....updated.....how about nobody can actually play the game now?

EmperorJuliusCaesar #60 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 13:10

Major

• Players
  • 37051 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 24 2019 - 02:58, said:

View Postbad_73, on Aug 23 2019 - 12:36, said:

No thanks.This is not what I signed up for.Fix the real game instead of going off on tangents.

Those of us that actually PAY TO PLAY would love some actual 4k support.  I can't even load the game unless aslains has been updated.   Some REAL options of UI scaling would be and imo should be in the game already.  Even using aslains UI scaling it's far from perfect and has issues bc the game doesn't support 4k correctly. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users