Incoming! New Game mode Steel Hunter sneak peek.

KRZY Game Mode Steel hunter Teaser

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Altwar #81 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 58412 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostScrubIord, on Aug 26 2019 - 20:44, said:

idk where the hate is coming from, this is actually pretty fun in platoons and solo

In this day and age, any action or inaction draws complaints/hate.  Darned if you do and darned if you don't as some say. 

I jumped in this mode in a platoon without none of us reading the details and we got smoked. It was still fun, but jumping in blind kind of deserves being beat up when there are a decent amount of details that need reviewing.  Anyway, it reminded me a lot of WoWs's Rogue Wave event.   Very similar and fun for a while at least, so I'll make it a point to play it again AFTER actually doing some reading so I'm not completely blind as to what to do.

Jaspo #82 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31208 battles

Played 5 solo matches, couldn't get anything going and would've been losing chevrons if I had any to lose. Played another 5 solo matches, did very well. Seems to be a complete luck fest just like every other chevron earning mode WG has offered to date. Looking ahead, it seems a very long way to go from rank 5 to the next permanent rank; could be painful. I didn't notice any sync rigging...yet.

All the consumables and perks and leveling up and all that does seem overly complicated and cluttered, my particular gripes are having a key combo rather than a single key for choosing a level up option (really having a choice was just another extra thing that over-complicates the mode anyway and was better in theory than practice) and the inclusion of an arty strike ability in what could've finally been a mode without the RNG-derp-from-the-heavens abomination of a game mechanic.

Anyway, just having randomly located checkpoints to claim that incrementally improved hp, damage, armor, and speed without all the extra GUI goop would've worked better.

imjedi #83 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 06:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [B_I_A] B_I_A

View PostScrubIord, on Aug 26 2019 - 21:44, said:

idk where the hate is coming from, this is actually pretty fun in platoons and solo

yeah, I haven’t tried a platoon yet, but played solo for a bit and hit rank 10 without to much trouble and had a lot of fun. Only ran into 1 instance of a clear group playing coordinated in solo play. 1 out of maybe 10 matches isn’t to bad.

defects #84 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 08:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 34073 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE
rigging

usma79south #85 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 15:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 23050 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Aug 23 2019 - 23:05, said:

Ok...on one level this looks interesting, certainly some of the elements. I will try it and maybe even like it but...it's getting TOO gimicky for me at least from what i see.  I felt this way about Homefront...parts were good but overall it just did not "make" me want to keep playing.  

The difference here is Frontline (and Grand Battles) take the basic WoT game and expand it out..literally in terms of scope but with game play adjuncts that keep basic combat action at the forefront.  Homefront and now this seem to be as much, maybe more, about a lot of little hoops to jump through that aren't about armored combat.  It looks too  twitchy and frankly something for kids to play.

Like a few others, i do find it dis-heartening that WG is putting SO much time (or cash if dev is contracted out) into goofy modes that seem more like the occasional "fun" event than a serious attempt to GROW the base game and let players keep using or re-using the tank fleets they've either worked so hard to get or paid money to purchase.  In a prior post, KRZYBooP some facetiously asks "fix what?" as if any answer he might get would be some sudden revelation.  C'mon, i'm sure you're a good guy and all that but don't play users like fools here.  I get it, you're employer doesn't want you to be anything but an in-house booster but you know what was meant. 

Despite that, i'll give it a shot, but i'm not expecting much from this mode.  I'd really wish the base game was Wargaming's priority.

I pretty much agree w Mojo overall, and really agree that Steel Hunter's too gimicky and complicated for me -

I won't be spending any time on it - you can LOSE chevrons in progression??  That was my sign-off.

I guess I appreciate WG trying to add variety to WoT, but I'm more a fan of the Christmas/New Year's type event - that's the highlight of the year for me.

If WG cd figure out how to do that kind of event on a quarterly basis, I think you'd hv a lot more positive vibes (I even spent $ on it).

And Diacom makes a lot of good points in his post (#57):  yes, wheeled lights need to be able to be slowed down w damage, and not hv ridiculous aiming skill.

And is the Northwest map coming back?  I liked that one (definitely better than Tundra, e.g.).

shackman #86 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 16:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49056 battles
What a complete waste of time......very obtuse,  no clear objectives,   have yet to see a friendly tank in solo battles,  only the other team,  the tank upgrades are not intuitive,  very gimmicky...…...will not play anymore.....

BluntedBaboon #87 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 16:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23782 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2

So I just tried the mode finally, I assumed it was garbage when I posted earlier.

Confirmed, its garbage. I played the german tank twice. First time I got 2 kills and made 1 chevron, figured okay, that was alright but was outta ammo twice.

Second time, ran out of ammo trying to kill the first tank I found, another german. He ALSO ran out of ammo trying to kill me, so a third tank came along and just plinked us both cause we we're both down to like 400 hp.

Played the US tank next. Got spawned like a block away from a german tank, who spawned facing the same direction as me, but behind. So he fires ONCE and lights me on fire. hit the turbo, heal and repair kits. He turbos, fires another shot, lights me on fire again. GG, done with the mode.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, Aug 27 2019 - 16:58.

BluntedBaboon #88 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 17:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23782 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 23 2019 - 15:58, said:

Can you be more specific on what needs to be fixed? 

Many steps have been taken this year to address many issues with the game, which is why I am asking. 

Hahahahahahaha, I just saw this post. NOTHING has been done with the issues. EVERYTHING has been done to decrease your player base.

Remember 30-40,000 online players at once? I remember.

Remember tons of active tourny brackets? I remember.

Remember gold and credit payouts for things you already had? I remember.

Remember a bustling clan scene not dominated by 5 clans? I remember.

Remember no codes for missions? I remember.

Remember better weekend missions and bigger rewards? I remember.

Remember cheap in game boosters for 50-100g? I remember.

Remember being able to earn tens of good boosters without tournys? I remember.

Remember 2-3-4-5x crew, combat, and credit weekends? I remember.

I could keep going but it would be pointless.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, Aug 27 2019 - 17:15.

Stored #89 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21053 battles
  • [WASHD] WASHD
Thanks for the great new mode Wargaming!!!

suncat69 #90 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 22:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38346 battles
  • [RN718] RN718

Steel Hunter. What a joke . Bad Game play. Horrible Ping and FPS. People teaming up literally CHEATING and getting away with it. So sad WG.

RHeadshot #91 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 23:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5676 battles

View PostBluntedBaboon, on Aug 27 2019 - 17:04, said:

Hahahahahahaha, I just saw this post. NOTHING has been done with the issues. EVERYTHING has been done to decrease your player base.

Remember 30-40,000 online players at once? I remember.

Remember tons of active tourny brackets? I remember.

Remember gold and credit payouts for things you already had? I remember.

Remember a bustling clan scene not dominated by 5 clans? I remember.

Remember no codes for missions? I remember.

Remember better weekend missions and bigger rewards? I remember.

Remember cheap in game boosters for 50-100g? I remember.

Remember being able to earn tens of good boosters without tournys? I remember.

Remember 2-3-4-5x crew, combat, and credit weekends? I remember.

I could keep going but it would be pointless.

It does seem a bit odd to ask a question then disappear.

World_War_1_and_2 #92 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 04:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4688 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 22 2019 - 08:07, said:

View Postbake3020, on Aug 21 2019 - 16:26, said:

Another worthless mode for the kool-aide drinkers club.  Why can't they fix the game instead of this?  Oh, cause it's boring and they would lose their player base.

Kool-aide is for kids. This is a Teen game. Monster, Mountain Dew, Code red, Surge, and maybe some Whiskey for some of players. Never Kool-aide alone. 

What specifically are you concerned with that needs fixing? 

KRZYBooP,

You may or may not have known this, but I'll tell you for the sake if you did not know:

Drinking the kool-aid:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an expression used ... ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion. In recent years it has evolved further to mean extreme dedication to a cause or purpose, so extreme that one would "Drink the Kool-Aid" and die for the cause.

The phrase originates from events in Jonestown, Guyana, on November 18, 1978, in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple movement died. The movement's leader, Jim Jones, called a mass meeting at the Jonestown pavilion after the murder of U.S. Congressman Leo Ryan and others in nearby Port Kaituma. Jones proposed "revolutionary suicide" by way of ingesting a fatal powdered drink mix laced with cyanide,[1][2] which had been prepared by his aides.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Aug 28 2019 - 04:33.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #93 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 05:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7706 battles
This game mode is so fun!!! I don't need regular WOT anymore, I just want Steel Hunter!! It's fun and way different than WOT, which is nice. Thanks WG!

shackman #94 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 01:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49056 battles
I have now tried this mod a dozen or so times and it is completely busted.  First,  the rewards for your time are pathetic,  second,  the cheating going on is polific...enough so even WOT admits to it.   SO,  WOT just spent a huge amount of resources on a mod that is completely busted,   invites cheating which they place the burden on players to prove, and is a complete waste of time......what a stupid company,  they just don't get it...….we don't want gimmicks, we want good maps, fair play and fun.....Steel Hunter delivers none of this in my opinion.      oh wow !    what a stupid mod.

DragonsSlayers #95 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 17:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 5448 battles
  • [RN718] RN718
I have reached lvl 25. I love the game mode. Only saw teaming once. Possible some random snapshots at me with no detection. But i definetly enjoyed the rewards for this game mode. Thank you for the mod and nice rewards. 

Gregor_Vernof #96 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 02:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 17495 battles
What a complete and utter crap mode.  You want to pull in all the ADHD kiddies with Mom and Pop's wallets start a new game of just this mode and stop polluting WoT.

Edited by Gregor_Vernof, Sep 03 2019 - 02:03.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #97 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 02:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 53736 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
Did not like it. No tactics or strategy. If I played my first wot battle in this mode I wouldn't be here.

__Neo__ #98 Posted Aug 31 2019 - 05:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9269 battles
  • [_E_] _E_
I do not like this mode.  The graphics are not up to par, the map is dark and dingy (why not brighter?) and I don't like how you can loose rank just for having bad luck/rng.  Also the ammo is too low to start with, if you get someone that attacks you before you find a circle then you can lose a rank really at no fault of your own.  Not my thing.

VariaVespasa #99 Posted Sep 01 2019 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 76040 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View PostDraconX3, on Aug 26 2019 - 17:52, said:

Yeah I played it once. Its a mild interest, like all their events.

I can make more creds playing my tier 6 mediums on premium time.
Don't know what it is, maybe Im just good? But I swear every (good) match my VC Firefly is making like 150k credits.
That's on prem time and booster of course. But hey, the effort is a lot more fun than these game mods, and I make free exp to use twords the REAL tech tree tanks lol.

You dont play it for the creds, you play it for the bonds.  I'm up at rank 18 and I've made over 2.5k bonds, and its up to 175 bonds per rank now, so thats another 1225 bonds I can still earn if the payouts dont increase in the remaining 7 ranks, which they likely will.  4k or so bonds is worth having.

Gregor_Vernof #100 Posted Sep 03 2019 - 02:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 17495 battles
So to be fair to this mode I tried it three more days.  It is still UTTERLY awful.  Seems buggy as hell, other tanks of the same type and tier 1 moving faster and hitting harder than a tier 3.  Shots hitting in the same place doing zero damage as theirs that are slicing me to bits.  Have definitely seen solo "grouping" several times, but without an in-game recording mode I am not bothering to report (nope, am not going to use a 3rd party recording program).  If WG wants to get into the 1st person shooter games do it outside of this established game and stop wasting resources on dumbassery like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users