Jump to content


wheel tank

Fix

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Sponkmyers #1 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:09

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18669 battles
  • 6
  • [DBIOW] DBIOW
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
I am done playing scout tanks fix your clown tank. You cant track them WHY???????? who idea was it not to be track??????? so its ok to zoom away in a broken wheel that's not balance at all. i came back from a year break and this crap going on.Im all ok with this new tanks but i think they need to be reworked asap. they have the upper hand 1 v 1 if they can zoom away from a critical shoot and cant track them.

RC_1140 #2 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 64749 battles
  • 2,974
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
Arty or large caliber HE can destroy enough wheels to knock them down to 20kph or totally immobilize them. If you are in a light you can not go to the normal spots but spot where the ebr will go without being lit, you also have a better gun. I out spotted and killed an ebr 105 with my 13 105 without taking any damage the other day. 

Blacksheep_14 #3 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:14

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22683 battles
  • 157
  • [D_S_F] D_S_F
  • Member since:
    05-13-2014
WOT finally introduced something more broken than arty. Clown Cars. I can hit an ebr with a 105mm HE shell and if  the shell hits him in the wheel it just bounces off and the ebr drives away unscathed. The definition of broken.

Blacksheep_14 #4 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:15

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22683 battles
  • 157
  • [D_S_F] D_S_F
  • Member since:
    05-13-2014

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 23 2019 - 21:12, said:

Arty or large caliber HE can destroy enough wheels to knock them down to 20kph or totally immobilize them. If you are in a light you can not go to the normal spots but spot where the ebr will go without being lit, you also have a better gun. I out spotted and killed an ebr 105 with my 13 105 without taking any damage the other day. 

That ebr driver must have been a real noob.



Markd73 #5 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 32843 battles
  • 5,713
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostBlacksheep_14, on Aug 23 2019 - 20:14, said:

WOT finally introduced something more broken than arty. Clown Cars. I can hit an ebr with a 105mm HE shell and if  the shell hits him in the wheel it just bounces off and the ebr drives away unscathed. The definition of broken.

 

Genuine question: So a 105mm HE that hits the wheel of an EBR does no damage at all?

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Markd73, Aug 23 2019 - 21:25.


Sponkmyers #6 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:24

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18669 battles
  • 6
  • [DBIOW] DBIOW
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 23 2019 - 21:12, said:

Arty or large caliber HE can destroy enough wheels to knock them down to 20kph or totally immobilize them. If you are in a light you can not go to the normal spots but spot where the ebr will go without being lit, you also have a better gun. I out spotted and killed an ebr 105 with my 13 105 without taking any damage the other day. 


Well just gonna load HE and Give it a shot. i have no problem spotting them it just hitting little caca roaches



Blacksheep_14 #7 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:39

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22683 battles
  • 157
  • [D_S_F] D_S_F
  • Member since:
    05-13-2014

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 23 2019 - 21:21, said:

 

Genuine question: So a 105mm HE that hits the wheel of an EBR does no damage at all?

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes yes sometimes no.



RHeadshot #8 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:46

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6243 battles
  • 1,286
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostSponkmyers, on Aug 23 2019 - 21:24, said:


Well just gonna load HE and Give it a shot. i have no problem spotting them it just hitting little caca roaches

And when you do that you'll encounter a heavy or medium where the HE isn't a good option.  The bottom line is they are glorified pick up trucks, and it really shouldn't matter what the hell I hit them with, a hit should be debilitating.



RC_1140 #9 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 64749 battles
  • 2,974
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 23 2019 - 12:21, said:

 

Genuine question: So a 105mm HE that hits the wheel of an EBR does no damage at all?

 

 

 

 

 

Wrong. The HE shell WON'T pen for full damage (just like when it hits a track) but the splash will still do damage. But it starts at half the listed damage then  loses some for distance and armor, better to shoot AP (or APCR for velocity, speed kills).



Markd73 #10 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 23:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 32843 battles
  • 5,713
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostRC_1140, on Aug 23 2019 - 20:56, said:

Wrong. The HE shell WON'T pen for full damage (just like when it hits a track) but the splash will still do damage. But it starts at half the listed damage then  loses some for distance and armor, better to shoot AP (or APCR for velocity, speed kills).

 

That is what I thought.



MaximusDecimusMeridious #11 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 03:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 33812 battles
  • 3
  • [EWC] EWC
  • Member since:
    10-26-2013

EBR's are ruining the game!  I was in frontline and could not escape the barrage of BS/OP shots rained upon me, I was killed 4 spawns in a row.  They need (A) fix them (NERF) and  (B) put a limit on the number allowed in this mode.  They are the most unrealistic thing in the game and have deterred me from playing light tanks in general.  Cant stop them they are just straight up bad for the game play.  They Wargamming) introduce the EBR's, and in skilled hands they are damn near invincible!  Not mine to be sure.  Then they introduce the British Light tanks.....   what a joke.  War Gamming you are losing me fast, I have been dedicated to this game and enjoyed the challenge, now I wish I could ask for a refund so I could feel good about my loss in this investment of a game, which I thought was one of the best.....       fix it or you will lose many.  

 

Just saying...…   But I will not spend another penny until this is addressed, and I hope there are many others that feel the same way.



ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 14:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 78432 battles
  • 17,965
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 23 2019 - 15:21, said:

 

Genuine question: So a 105mm HE that hits the wheel of an EBR does no damage at all?

 

 

 

basically the same mechanic of HE hitting tracks.  hit points of the module vs module saving throw, etc, etc.



My_Name_Is_Nobody_ #13 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 23:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7171 battles
  • 241
  • Member since:
    07-13-2018

View PostSponkmyers, on Aug 23 2019 - 21:09, said:

I am done playing scout tanks fix your clown tank. You cant track them WHY???????? who idea was it not to be track??????? so its ok to zoom away in a broken wheel that's not balance at all. i came back from a year break and this crap going on.Im all ok with this new tanks but i think they need to be reworked asap. they have the upper hand 1 v 1 if they can zoom away from a critical shoot and cant track them.


Yup, wheelies are a sham. Least pen-able tanks out here including only hits. Only crits, which seemingly have zero effect. I can't believe they did this.LOL


Edited by My_Name_Is_Nobody_, Aug 26 2019 - 23:37.


oldewolfe #14 Posted Aug 27 2019 - 08:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24505 battles
  • 3,648
  • [1STBN] 1STBN
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014

You guys really need to learn how to Aim and how to Time your Shots....          Stop Shooting the Wheels, it's Simple enough even I can do it.....      If you Insist on shooting them Broadside On, you won't hardly Hit anything else BUT Wheels....

 

If you Right Click them and Wait for them to go into a Turn, all you're gonna hit is Hull.....      Don't just Spam Shots at them, Don't Fling HE at them, use AP or APCR and Time them into a Turn before you Fire.....        I've also Ran one Down in my 4202 the other Day, I've Reliably Pasted the same Lynx on Fronline no less than 3 Times in the 252, and it's not like those are Fast Shells.....

 

Stop being Lazy and trying to take the Easy Way out....







Also tagged with Fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users