Complainer Psych -- What?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 00:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11739 battles

What is the story about the psych of people who die and then rant in chat?  They call out every single solitary failure that every single player suffered, on their team.  Am I supposed to admire their pithy observations of other's failures? 

But, wait.  How brilliant are their observations, really?  Here is the interesting part, when I looked at the results, the HIGHEST XP player on our team was 45% BELOW the LOWEST person on the enemy team! 

There should be another stat:  best complainers.  Can't get your XP to fail better than 45% BELOW the WORST player on the enemy team?  Well ... let's take a look at your "complainer stat"!  Nice!  

teamofcomplainersi.jpg 

jamesdoz #2 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 39591 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
They are normally Frustrated and it's the best way they can take out said Frustrations,I am not saying there aren't better ways, just for these people at that time best they got. Better than harming themselves or others. only words and you don't have to read/ pay attention to the chat. 

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #3 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 01:05

Captain

• Players
  • 29603 battles

View Postjamesdoz, on Aug 24 2019 - 15:48, said:

They are normally Frustrated and it's the best way they can take out said Frustrations,I am not saying there aren't better ways, just for these people at that time best they got. Better than harming themselves or others. only words and you don't have to read/ pay attention to the chat.

Yep, I sometimes will say something but then move on to the next game. I never sit there and complain the whole game, when somebody does anything like that or keeps pinging the map just right click beside their message and block them. I think its right click but could be left.

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 38752 battles

When I get those type of players 'trying' to instruct me on how I should be playing my tank, after they've managed to get theirs destroyed, I sometimes just stop moving or go in the opposite direct that they say.

But, for the most part, I ignore whatever's in chat. I'm more interested in what's on the other side of my screen. My mini-map can tell me a whole lot more than that arm-chair general.

Arf_84 #5 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 02:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3908 battles
It's frustration plus the fact that there are no consequences involved.  When I was a few years younger, if some of those insults were said to me face-to-face, the result would be a Don Henley:  "Somebody going to emergency, somebody going to jail".

Siege_Engine #6 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 03:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11739 battles

View PostArf_84, on Aug 25 2019 - 02:38, said:

It's frustration plus the fact that there are no consequences involved.  When I was a few years younger, if some of those insults were said to me face-to-face, the result would be a Don Henley:  "Somebody going to emergency, somebody going to jail".

LOLOL  Yeah.  I grew up in Indiana, USA.  Same. 

Funny thing.  That's how it would have gone down.  But.  It never happened.  Everyone was super respectful and polite. 

Mojo_Riesing #7 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 03:46

Captain

• Players
  • 20365 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

There are folks who apparently don't know how to control their behavior. It's increasingly a problem in society, this incivility from POTUS on down.  I'll give anyone slack for a single gripe, grumble or even insult in the "heat" of things but for some...its a way of life. Lack of consequences for actions and on the Interent (and here) anonymity has made it worse.

While i don't care enough to say here at WoT it's this or that cluster of players based on their stats, and boy i can't wait till folks have the option to hide them (or better yet..release them if they want) but the are NOT restricted to any one group.  Complainers come from all walks of life it seems.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSiege_Engine, on Aug 24 2019 - 18:04, said:

What is the story about the psych of people who die and then rant in chat?  They call out every single solitary failure that every single player suffered, on their team.  Am I supposed to admire their pithy observations of other's failures?

Some people just can't live with having a bad battle. They don't get that no matter how well you play you're still going to lose sometimes and they just want to have someone to blame.

You see this even more often from people who die early while contributing very little to the team, there are few things more hilarious than a player with <100 damage or <100 spotting complaining about how the rest of the team is terrible.

View PostSiege_Engine, on Aug 24 2019 - 18:04, said:

Here is the interesting part, when I looked at the results, the HIGHEST XP player on our team was 45% BELOW the LOWEST person on the enemy team!

Which is strange, because he had more damage than 10 of the enemy team. Even when you account for the 50% bonus for winning he still had less XP than their lowest person. So he must have been sniping in his IS-7, I guess, so he's definitely a pro player... or something.

SporkBoy #9 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 05:03

Major

• Players
  • 49541 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
It's micro-epeen. Nothing can be done about it. It's only a small problem.

the_Deadly_Bulb #10 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 28616 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSiege_Engine, on Aug 24 2019 - 15:04, said:

But, wait.  How brilliant are their observations, really?  Here is the interesting part, when I looked at the results, the HIGHEST XP player on our team was 45% BELOW the LOWEST person on the enemy team! 

There should be another stat:  best complainers.  Can't get your XP to fail better than 45% BELOW the WORST player on the enemy team?  Well ... let's take a look at your "complainer stat"!  Nice!  

teamofcomplainersi.jpg 

One of the real important things to remember is, if they were that observant of other team members then it was because either they were not paying attention to the battle or they were already dead (likely due to the first reason).

Dead spectators are like hindsight, usually 20/20 and totally pointless except to learn from next time.

Dead critics are just flat out funny.

venom286 #11 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 07:36

Captain

• Players
  • 43906 battles
once in a while i do it i try not to but sometimes the game just gets to you and some  of the players just sit there with there thumb up butt doing nothing sometime I really wonder whats going on in there head but i get it not everyone really cares about wining or doing well and i should not take it out on them but  i am doing alot better i think i had a few slip ups i am still trying to get it in my head its a game go to the next battle and dont take it  so serious anyways i understand what you are talking about but just take it with a grain of salt usually that person would not say that normally but this game seems  to bring out the worst in people 

Sink_Stuff #12 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 07:55

Captain

• Players
  • 15817 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Aug 24 2019 - 23:04, said:

teamofcomplainersi.jpg 

If you really want to know more about it then you should read "Your Life is Worth Living - 50 lessons" by Bishop Fulton Sheen. In that book he explains the "Hypercritical Attitude". Essentially it stems from a bad conscience. They know deep down that they screwed up, but instead of admitting it, they point out other peoples flaws. It is a psychological defense mechanism. Usually, it comes from having a very wrong personal life. Bishop Sheen explains: If we see a row of pictures on the wall and all of them are straight but one of them the usual response is to simply fix the crooked picture. But think about the person with very jaded view. Instead of fixing the picture they will simply put down the establishment or owner of the pictures as a personal judgement. Why do they do this? Because it prevents them from focusing on their own crooked pictures. Yet the people who play this game and are trying their best to win are simply too focused on doing well themselves to even notice chat essentially.

So the problem will only get worse and more and more people live wrong lives. Instead of fixing their personal lives, they criticize every single flaw of other people instead as a defense and avoidance of recognizing the depth of their own issues that they are not fixing for themselves.  

FighterOfTheNightman #13 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 09:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 545 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Aug 25 2019 - 03:46, said:

There are folks who apparently don't know how to control their behavior. It's increasingly a problem in society, this incivility from POTUS on down.  I'll give anyone slack for a single gripe, grumble or even insult in the "heat" of things but for some...its a way of life. Lack of consequences for actions and on the Interent (and here) anonymity has made it worse.

While i don't care enough to say here at WoT it's this or that cluster of players based on their stats, and boy i can't wait till folks have the option to hide them (or better yet..release them if they want) but the are NOT restricted to any one group.  Complainers come from all walks of life it seems.

I voted for POTUS specifically for that. And I am satisfied with my vote and will be voting for him again. As far as civility...well...can't really say what's up there. There are many contributing factors One of which is this...anonymity

I grew up playing team sports. Then I went in the Army. I generally have a team mentality. That isn't present in most of society. Most of the kids now a days are playing video games and being raised by tv and not forced to go play and go interact IRL

Koyangi #14 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 10:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25690 battles

Block Quote

There are folks who apparently don't know how to control their behavior.

There are folks who don't know how to play their tanks. I'm not the best player, but if I take a heavy up on a ridge-line, I damn sure push the enemy snipers to take heat off my teammates who are trying to cap. As opposed to camping, which quite a few people seem to do. Hell yes I [edited]about it in chat.

Block Quote

It's increasingly a problem in society, this incivility from POTUS on down.

LOL. Did CNN tell you to think that?

Tao_Te_Tomato #15 Posted Aug 25 2019 - 16:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 27990 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 25 2019 - 05:22, said:

One of the real important things to remember is, if they were that observant of other team members then it was because either they were not paying attention to the battle or they were already dead (likely due to the first reason).

Maybe they were paying attention to their minimaps like they're supposed to and that's how they know you messed up horribly?   :hiding:

Again.  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users