Holy necrothread Batman.

Spoiler

jst2gr8 #42 Posted Dec 02 2019 - 17:47

Captain

• Players
  • 66316 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostViseGrip, on Aug 25 2019 - 06:00, said:

Well 321_zero.... I can probably say, These kids shooting you down are probably the ones that's running the hacks your talking about. Have seen it before in different games. They come to the forums and call people liars when in fact they themselves are doing the hacking. Have seen first hand the wall hack one your talking about. Being able to see thru buildings and rocks the tank your fighting and which way he is turning or pointing. Have run into a few games that a few of the players seem questionable. UNTIL WG decides to put a wall of shame page and let the players know who these cheaters and liars are..... It will continue.      IF YOU have to  cheat in a free to play game JUST to see your name in pixel lights that could vanish with the push of a key....You're the one that needs to .... git gud   But of course.... WG could be behind a lot of it, They created a game..... Then create hacks to go with the game... sell the hacks online, fail to put up a page calling out hackers.... They would make double their money that way.

Lots of accusing without proof. Like I said before, "using the excuse of cheats or hacks is just a way to hide your lack of skill". In other words, without a replay it is just a fairy tale.  

_Tsavo_ #43 Posted Dec 02 2019 - 19:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46824 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I get accused of cheating all the time, it's stepped up tenfold since obtaining RELIC tags, but I play vanilla and only use Brain.bat.  

Guess I'm a dirty cheater. 

empyreal_recon #44 Posted Dec 02 2019 - 19:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22481 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
There is no spoon...

Takoeza #45 Posted Dec 05 2019 - 15:47

Private

• Players
  • 17285 battles

Of course, there is, or used to be, lots of "cheating" in World of Tanks. We are not talking about hacking the server but cheating on the client-side through the use of mods. Many ignorant people think you cannot cheat on a server-side game but ... whenever you allow mods, you allow the possibility of cheating to a certain degree. I have even used some of these mods back in the day before they were banned because I did not think it was possible. Now I use no mods, nothing at all. I play WoT vanilla. The mod Tundra I tried, that is now banned, used to take away the foliage (trees, bushes, plants, etc) and you could see everybody that was "hiding" in plain sight. Another mod, Lasers, put a "laser" in all the enemy guns so you could see where they were aiming. Handy to know when you are going to get hit before you get hit. It also allows you to pop out from behind cover and shoot someone while their gun is pointing away. The most referred to, or complained about mod, is the "aimbot". Once you "lock" onto the target with the "aimbot" key, it moves your aiming reticle to the place you should fire to hit the target. Handy if you want to hit a moving target like a light tank. Certain "aimbots" even "auto-aim" at soft spots like fuel tanks, ammo racks, etc. Certain mods provide skins to indicate where you should fire to do damage to certain modules or crew members. Taking out the loader increases the reload time. Taking out any crew member "cancels" the Brothers in Arms perk until he is revived.

For those of you sceptics and unbelievers out there, just like I was, here is some proof that it is possible to cheat in WoT:

Wargaming's Fair Play Policy showing you what mods exist that are already banned and will get you banned for using them. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/fair-play-policy-update-0419/

Quicky Baby's YouTube Video Showing an Aimbot in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQwbUliGY4

NOTE: DONT CHEAT! YOU WILL BE CAUGHT EVENTUALLY AND WARGAMING WILL BAN YOU AND/OR CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

(Wargaming does ban people and I have been banned for days for team killing in the days when derp guns (arty, KV-2, etc) could 1-shot players.)      

Edited by Takoeza, Dec 05 2019 - 15:48.

Tolos #46 Posted Dec 06 2019 - 05:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTakoeza, on Dec 05 2019 - 14:47, said:

Of course, there is, or used to be, lots of "cheating" in World of Tanks. We are not talking about hacking the server but cheating on the client-side through the use of mods. Many ignorant people think you cannot cheat on a server-side game but ... whenever you allow mods, you allow the possibility of cheating to a certain degree. I have even used some of these mods back in the day before they were banned because I did not think it was possible. Now I use no mods, nothing at all. I play WoT vanilla. The mod Tundra I tried, that is now banned, used to take away the foliage (trees, bushes, plants, etc) and you could see everybody that was "hiding" in plain sight. Another mod, Lasers, put a "laser" in all the enemy guns so you could see where they were aiming. Handy to know when you are going to get hit before you get hit. It also allows you to pop out from behind cover and shoot someone while their gun is pointing away. The most referred to, or complained about mod, is the "aimbot". Once you "lock" onto the target with the "aimbot" key, it moves your aiming reticle to the place you should fire to hit the target. Handy if you want to hit a moving target like a light tank. Certain "aimbots" even "auto-aim" at soft spots like fuel tanks, ammo racks, etc. Certain mods provide skins to indicate where you should fire to do damage to certain modules or crew members. Taking out the loader increases the reload time. Taking out any crew member "cancels" the Brothers in Arms perk until he is revived.

For those of you sceptics and unbelievers out there, just like I was, here is some proof that it is possible to cheat in WoT:

Wargaming's Fair Play Policy showing you what mods exist that are already banned and will get you banned for using them. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/fair-play-policy-update-0419/

Quicky Baby's YouTube Video Showing an Aimbot in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQwbUliGY4

NOTE: DONT CHEAT! YOU WILL BE CAUGHT EVENTUALLY AND WARGAMING WILL BAN YOU AND/OR CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

(Wargaming does ban people and I have been banned for days for team killing in the days when derp guns (arty, KV-2, etc) could 1-shot players.)      

Not once on these forums have I ever seen people say there are no cheats for the game. What people do say is they are of limited use and there mostly likely isn't half as many as some people want to believe..

As for hit skins they are perfectly legal unless it's the 3D skin. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users