• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

lozarus #81 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 02:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostGrandMasterViper, on Aug 28 2019 - 00:46, said:

This is what POPO is trying to do for clans. Make their members better and more competitive through training and platooning with unicums and other great competitive players. I believe that's one of the reasons for the decline in NA is people think because they had that one battle in a hundred where they were the best in match, they are good enough to stand toe to toe with the big dogs. People need to realize and accept their own skill level. Then they need to have the actual desire to get better at the game. UM, or BAN, or whatever you change your name to next, doesn't have that desire. They think they are some of the best players in the server, and anyone who outdoes them is cheating or hacking. Then they wonder why the server is going under. Clans are going to have to come together and work together to increase the competitiveness of end-game CWs. You don't have to lose your competitiveness and rivalries to work towards a common goal. Sadly, as I've seen lately, ALOT of top clans and players have zero desire to help others get better. They don't care about increasing competitiveness or helping the server. A lot of top clans are only interested in themselves, getting what they can out of the game before it dies and then moving to the next. That said, Not all top clans are like that. BananaCannon himself has offered his wisdom and advice on fostering new players to be competitive ones. But the majority of top players want to sit back and "see how it goes". So with the top players sitting on the sidelines waiting for the 4th quarter to get involved, and the people who really need help getting competitive, too full of themselves to seek help, nothing gets done. This is how NA dies, one hand reaching for the stars, the other digging the hole. 

If you do follow those rules, you will see profit. 

I can tell you from my anecdotal experience that (not wanting to give specific clan ID's away, as they might not appreciate it), but approaching many of the top 20 clans will often get you some help, be it technical (advice on strats, comps, map stuff, how to structure your clan etc...), or more direct. There's no harm in trying.

Good luck to you sir. 

GroundDelta #82 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 02:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

_CrimsonPaladin_ #83 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 08:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20677 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

View PostGrandMasterViper, on Aug 27 2019 - 19:46, said:

This is what POPO is trying to do for clans. Make their members better and more competitive through training and platooning with unicums and other great competitive players. I believe that's one of the reasons for the decline in NA is people think because they had that one battle in a hundred where they were the best in match, they are good enough to stand toe to toe with the big dogs. People need to realize and accept their own skill level. Then they need to have the actual desire to get better at the game. UM, or BAN, or whatever you change your name to next, doesn't have that desire. They think they are some of the best players in the server, and anyone who outdoes them is cheating or hacking. Then they wonder why the server is going under. Clans are going to have to come together and work together to increase the competitiveness of end-game CWs. You don't have to lose your competitiveness and rivalries to work towards a common goal. Sadly, as I've seen lately, ALOT of top clans and players have zero desire to help others get better. They don't care about increasing competitiveness or helping the server. A lot of top clans are only interested in themselves, getting what they can out of the game before it dies and then moving to the next. That said, Not all top clans are like that. BananaCannon himself has offered his wisdom and advice on fostering new players to be competitive ones. But the majority of top players want to sit back and "see how it goes". So with the top players sitting on the sidelines waiting for the 4th quarter to get involved, and the people who really need help getting competitive, too full of themselves to seek help, nothing gets done. This is how NA dies, one hand reaching for the stars, the other digging the hole. 

Last season before the alliance feature and where they had victory points not with gold.  We made close to 42,000 gold and finished 32. Less then 53 active players,    season with alliance feature,  finished 59th, with 31,000 gold.  Less then 40 active players.

This season ROFL would have made less then 2000 gold,  if they would have kept clan wars the same. Just removed alliance feature,  left the gold missions Alone and split the victory points from gold. Kept the map the same. We had over 80 players ready for this season.  Could have walked away with maybe 50,000 or so gold and finished in maybe the top 20 maybe higher.  Like some clans said the rich get richer and poor get nothing. R. I. P Endgames

Edited by ObsidianGuardian, Aug 28 2019 - 08:28.

H0D0R_ #84 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 15:39

Captain

• Players
  • 17362 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostObsidianGuardian, on Aug 28 2019 - 07:26, said:

Last season before the alliance feature and where they had victory points not with gold.  We made close to 42,000 gold and finished 32. Less then 53 active players,    season with alliance feature,  finished 59th, with 31,000 gold.  Less then 40 active players.

This season ROFL would have made less then 2000 gold,  if they would have kept clan wars the same. Just removed alliance feature,  left the gold missions Alone and split the victory points from gold. Kept the map the same. We had over 80 players ready for this season.  Could have walked away with maybe 50,000 or so gold and finished in maybe the top 20 maybe higher.  Like some clans said the rich get richer and poor get nothing. R. I. P Endgames

Lets just give this guy a participation award. He tried oh so hard this season.

This season is a test so just get ready for next season when its brought back to what you have been used to.

JunkaTheAdmirable #85 Posted Aug 28 2019 - 23:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21526 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostGrandMasterViper, on Aug 28 2019 - 01:46, said:

I think the problem is mostly a lack of organic pressure on people to improve. The game doesnt really economically punish players for poor performance at top tiers, and <1000 wn8 players arent learning anything associating only with one another in clans. Many of them lack the awareness to know they need to improve in the first place.

The one thing I think that has helped alot is the legionaire system in strongholds. Back when I was an 800 wn8 player a couple years back I discovered strongholds and met an otter player who inspired me to improve. I "paid it forward" when I started IRIS, training a handful of newish players to be competitive (most of whom are now in zoo).

Unfortunately there isnt really much material incentive for good players to mingle with the masses when its easiest to farm resources playing only with other good players. But its definitely possible to find and improve players who have potential if one is willing to make the effort.

lozarus #86 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 00:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostObsidianGuardian, on Aug 28 2019 - 07:26, said:

Is there something wrong with your ability to win battles?

Regardless of the status-quo, you end up having more as a consequence of being able to win games at a rate higher than the people you're playing, or could be playing. 

The fact that your clan has participated in approx 300 clan battles in its entireity, at a winrate of 1/3 suggests that you could ONLY be happy in a system that provides you with a nessesary handicap with which to take something you couldn't possibly hope to achieve through the practical means of playing the game, and winning the battles you played. 

If i was to render this concept down to spagetti letters for you to understand, the bottom line is... 

You are bad, your clan is bad, and the reason you're bad is because you're not getting any better (First principle) 18 battles, 16.7% winrate

If you have 80+ players ready for this season, you're overall strategy is flawed, because i could take 80 active players a night, and break probably all but about 6 clans on the global map with that number, regardless of if they're appauling bots, who coulnd't breath and operate a trackball with their webbed foot, at the same time. 

GrandMasterViper #87 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 16:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 28832 battles
  • [-POPO] -POPO

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Aug 28 2019 - 17:55, said:

I think the problem is mostly a lack of organic pressure on people to improve. The game doesnt really economically punish players for poor performance at top tiers, and <1000 wn8 players arent learning anything associating only with one another in clans. Many of them lack the awareness to know they need to improve in the first place.

The one thing I think that has helped alot is the legionaire system in strongholds. Back when I was an 800 wn8 player a couple years back I discovered strongholds and met an otter player who inspired me to improve. I "paid it forward" when I started IRIS, training a handful of newish players to be competitive (most of whom are now in zoo).

Unfortunately there isnt really much material incentive for good players to mingle with the masses when its easiest to farm resources playing only with other good players. But its definitely possible to find and improve players who have potential if one is willing to make the effort.

Well, i'm definitely making an effort. I think the incentive is that there will be more competitiveness on the global map. Just farming unopposed is nice, but not when the game is dying off. Whats the point in farming those resources when the game dies and it all becomes pointless? I myself enjoy training new players, my brother started playing the game, and with my training him he is already a 1k+ wn/8 player with under 2k battles. So many people are still tomatoes after 20k battles its amazing they don't seek out training and learn how to play. I know I'm not the only one that wants to see people grow, but it takes a desire to grow from the people.

EastCoast_Mobster #88 Posted Aug 30 2019 - 03:57

Captain

• Players
  • 20772 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-
This is good

TheGame_ #89 Posted Sep 09 2019 - 07:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38149 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostObsidianGuardian, on Aug 25 2019 - 13:18, said:

if the smaller clans would come togather under 1 banner, we could probly bring down these tops clans. To much land and not enough members to defend. 

I only made this topic, because it's funny to see relic replies. 

Also this is a war game, that why the mode is called clan wars. 

Watch the 1st min of this clip. 

this is how clans Diplomacy talk should be during war, not sit down and complain this clan said this bad stuff about this clan. lol

​The server tried that against Mahou a while back. We fought everyone, from YOUJO to no names. It is not as easy as you make it sound- for all the lil clans to gang up on the big ones. Since chip spam essentially isn't a thing anymore, you are forced to win ur battles. Which you simply cannot. 

The faster you recant your bs, the easier itll be. You tech won a battle. Which tbh doesn't even deserve a congratulations...Let us know when you actually beat anyone worth beating (no offense to Rel-A, but you get my drift).

dominator_98 #90 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 04:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 23158 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostObsidianGuardian, on Aug 25 2019 - 12:18, said:

if the smaller clans would come togather under 1 banner, we could probly bring down these tops clans. To much land and not enough members to defend. 

I only made this topic, because it's funny to see relic replies. 

Also this is a war game, that why the mode is called clan wars. 

Watch the 1st min of this clip. 

this is how clans Diplomacy talk should be during war, not sit down and complain this clan said this bad stuff about this clan. lol

View PostTheGame_, on Sep 09 2019 - 00:19, said:

​The server tried that against Mahou a while back. We fought everyone, from YOUJO to no names. It is not as easy as you make it sound- for all the lil clans to gang up on the big ones. Since chip spam essentially isn't a thing anymore, you are forced to win ur battles. Which you simply cannot. 

The faster you recant your bs, the easier itll be. You tech won a battle. Which tbh doesn't even deserve a congratulations...Let us know when you actually beat anyone worth beating (no offense to Rel-A, but you get my drift).

I noticed some clans tried to do this to YOUJO tonight. All but one province they owned got attacked, they had divisions on six of them, and won all six of their battles. Their gold pots are split now, but the 1000-1300 ELO clans that attacked them suffered 90 locked tanks for three days and YOUJO hasn't been affected at all. Tomorrow they'll take a couple pieces of land back and it will be like nothing ever happened. You're never gonna get far without being able to win games.

M3PHIST0 #91 Posted Sep 10 2019 - 16:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 18779 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Reading this helped me kill time at work. Thanks guys. It's been entertaining. 

yewchung #92 Posted Sep 17 2019 - 09:37

Major

• Players
  • 23921 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
May

ObsidianGuardian  please respond

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users